The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Yeah it was quite fun reading about him late last night when someone bounced me the same tweet over.

Fun, old-school transfers. Discovering guys you've never even heard of.

See where he gets loaned out to now for the purpose of the WP.

Unexpected and excellent result from Southampton. And a subtle reminder, not that we need one, that there's NO easy games this league before we play the bottom side tomorrow.

Superb opportunity to move 2 games clear of Tottenham again now in the race for second with them to come to r's in a couple of weeks.

Very good Sunday.

Thought on the Sturridge leaving talk Scouse?

(Sorry if you've commented on it, not seen anything!)

Sturridge has done more in subway adverts than he has at Liverpool. Best off rid.

Sound selling him provided there’s a quality replacement to come in. Without that, it’d be Rafa going into a season with only a raw, inexperienced 19-year-old N’gog as the only back-up to Torres stupid. We’re a Firmino injury away from being in a hole. (I’d still like another quality attacker before the window shuts to allow more rotation of him.). Solanke is nowhere near ready to be starting big PL/ CL games. Ings is nowhere near match fit as he continues his rehabilitation. A healthy Sturridge is still a top bracket striker. Keeping him fit is another thing again like but he’s the one right now you’d want starting if Bobby went down.

Honestly I would rather we brought no one in this Jan rather than a knee jerk reaction signing. Squad even with the departure of Coutinho is good enough to challenge on all fronts imo.

The very last thing this manager will do is make a knee jerk signing just for the sake of it mate. If they can’t get who they want now, they’ll wait until they can. Our big January signing is testament again to that. Where it up to many of the fan base, and as we’re on these here boards, most every opposition fan questioning him as to why he didn’t upgrade with A N Other, we wouldn’t now have one of the best centre halfs the World on our roster. Or waiting a year for Keita before him. Another thing to love about him. He won’t ‘settle.’ Particularly now we’re in the next stage of adding serious, top quality difference makers for a serious assault.

I do think we could really do with another player the attacking main three though if at all possible before the months out. Either wide to allow Mo or Sadio to spell Bobby or a quality striker. The prospect, God forbid, of Firmino being injured and Solanke starting say a CL quarter/ semi is not a good one at all.

Frigging Swansea on a Monday night. Figging Sky. WTF wants to watch that as a neutral? It's invariably a ***** game yet they invariably put it Monday F night!!!!! Arsenal- Palace? Short tube ride across the Capital? Burnley- Utd just down the road? Nahhh. Let's send lads to another ******* Country to South Wales to start the week.

I appreciate you take the money you dance to the TV pay-lords tune but it's still a complete disgrace. As per, absolutely ZERO consideration to the paying, travelling supporter. Without whom there is NO TV 'spectacle.' I aren't down ironically but mates who are are having 2 x 4 and a half hour train journeys and the extra expense of an overnight stay, as you can't get back shy of driving and being like an extra the Walking Dead tomorrow; and a day and half/ 2 days holiday nobody needs gone bang after Chrimbo.

And this is almost palatable to the even bigger disgrace of the BBC banging Utd on Friday night. Down at f-ing Yeovil. My heart goes out to those poor bastards making that trek to the back of beyond on a Friday.

Something SERIOUSLY needs sorting with this *****. Proper sorting and not just talks between fan groups and the TV companies that are going nowhere.

Last edited:
DUKqGzCWkAAjB9T.png:large

Excellent. Same as City bar big Virge for Degsy.

Match these with 90 minutes hard work Reds and your superior class will tell in the race for second.

Well, that was as ***** as advertised.

Although I am tickled by 4 payers going for the same header the goal. Quality defending.

Step it up second half hey Reds? These are *****.

Our finishing tonight has been ******* awful.

Edit: WTF Firmino. Just how?

Last edited:
Great match.
Some lovely work by Fabianski tonight.

Funny old game. Beat the best one week. Lose the worst the next.

Not sure how Bobby's header stayed out like the end but overall that was pretty, what's the word ..... *****!

18 unbeaten. 55 scored. Then blanked by Swansea. That's football.

Onto West Brom and the Cup.

Never looked like winning. Been saying for years, Liverpool struggle with this type of match. And do dies Klopp. Needed someone to unpick that midfield, or at the very least, stop trying to hammer through middle of a very narrow 5-4-1. Clueless at times.

Last two games could be engraved in stone and serve as a description of Klopp era for future generations.

Back