The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
There's a fella' here. (Work.). Bit of a gobshite. Say's he's a blue but I don't think he's really into footy that much. Never goes the game. You more humour him than anything else.

Anyway. Not said a peep on L'pool for the last few months. 18 games of nothing. Then as soon as we have a collective off game, bang, you can't shut the blert up today narking away.

Like social media in reality. Miserable **** people who just sit there waiting to come back out the woodwork the second anything goes awry.

What chance would you give Liverpool of winning the Premier league under Klopp? (Not this season of course... Any season).

So long as the Sean Dyche's & co. exist, probably never. Would give him a good shot if it was a super league though, if Pep was out of the picture.

What chance would you give Liverpool of winning the Premier league under Klopp? (Not this season of course... Any season).

A relatively slim one. Too many sides in the prem who can shut down the space they need. This has been a flaw in his play for some time. With Keita they might be better equipped again. But they need to do more with width too.

At this rate I'd give him better chance to win European Cup than to win the Premier League again.

A relatively slim one. Too many sides in the prem who can shut down the space they need. This has been a flaw in his play for some time. With Keita they might be better equipped again. But they need to do more with width too.

Yeah, just chatted to a lifelong Liverpool fan who has been traveling from Ireland to Liverpool matches since the 70's and he said "we won't win a premier league under Klopp".

From Sky Sports:
Breaking teams down is a long-standing issue for Klopp's side and Monday night was not the first time it has been apparent this season. Of the seven Premier League games in which their opponents have made fewer than 300 passes, Liverpool have only won twice. Before the Swansea defeat, there were draws against Burnley, Newcastle, Everton and West Brom.

Can he change?

Yeah, just chatted to a lifelong Liverpool fan who has been traveling from Ireland to Liverpool matches since the 70's and he said "we won't win a premier league under Klopp".

From Sky Sports:
Breaking teams down is a long-standing issue for Klopp's side and Monday night was not the first time it has been apparent this season. Of the seven Premier League games in which their opponents have made fewer than 300 passes, Liverpool have only won twice. Before the Swansea defeat, there were draws against Burnley, Newcastle, Everton and West Brom.

Can he change?

Dunno' Anthony. We've played two games less than Utd the other 14 teams (not top 6) the league the last 2 years which if we win we'll have a grand total of 5 points less those games.

Does that mean you lads have to change too and have very slim chances of winning the league?

Yes. We do need to change if we want to start winning titles again.

And Jose knows it, hence chasing game breakers like Sanchez and looking to beef up the midfield. We're not afraid to say that Pep has changed the playing field again and we need to go even further to challenge for a title

And Jose knows it, hence chasing game breakers like Sanchez and looking to beef up the midfield. We're not afraid to say that Pep has changed the playing field again and we need to go even further to challenge for a title

Exactly.
Thankfully I don't see Manchester United fans fanatically worshiping a football manager like squealing preteen girls following the latest boy band.

So everyone's changing, adding and improving to try close the gap on City.

Nice when everyone's happy and all the same.

Mooching around the net, I'm left SMH reading people wanting this change and that youngster to play tomorrow evening as it's 'only' the FA Cup.

It always irritates me when any 'fan' lesson's any competition with a trophy at the end of it. (I'd rather finish 7th and win the League Cup than finish 2 through 6 and win nottin' at all personally. Silverware and days out finals are what it's ALL about.).

But it flat out staggers (and no less saddens) me when L'pool fans downgrade the FA Cup after all we've been through. It was always of major importance to many of us to begin with. Sheffield just made that ALWAYS the case forever more this City.

Oh FFS! Mignolet is now the cup goalie!

What is the F-ing point when he's gone the summer? Ward I could of half understood. As much as Karius needs a consistent run. But reverting back to him?

Beyond stupidly ridiculous.

Without getting too deep, for anyone not arsed with Pardew playing for a replay at frigging 7:45 on a Sat'day night, I can give you 96 reasons why the Cup should ALWAYS be massively significant and of the highest importance to L'pool supporters.

Up the Throstle Throttling Reds!

Back