The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Looks like a 4-3-3 from that team sheet which is different as Stevies settled on 3-4-3 the last couple of months.

Neco Williams is interesting RB at 16. Barely played the 18’s. Part the young changes the last few months. Looking forward to watching this later. I’ll dip out now to not ruin the score before I do.

1-0 Pool been really sloppy in possession and Williams been terrible at the back. Good goal Woodburn.

Liverpool all over us. No balance in our midfield Hamilton all over the place. No idea what Gomes is playing, just going all over the place. Roshaun Williams has regressed a **** of a lot this season. Pitch terrible! Lots of challenges flying in.

No idea what **** is thinking with the defence. Got Warren who is a CB playing at LB, Laird who is a LB playing RB and Oconner who has been fantastic at RB playing CB :O

Jones with a shot cleared off the line by Tyrell Warren. Least it’s a more even game now. Oooo Chong rattles the bar with a great effort. Gomes goes close straight afterwards.

Jeez Joshua Bohui blazes CMs over the bad. Pools press has dropped right off. Utd starting to play and have stopped hoofing it thinking Chong is Fellaini mk2.

Pools number 8 rattles the bar from a long range deflected effort. 1-0 HT. Pool dominated the first 25 mins. Utd the last 20. Jones, Woodburn been fantastic for Pool. Gomes been invisible for Utd getting no service tbh and Pool marking him well. Chong, Laird, Bohui good for Utd. Hamilton absolute waste of space!

Last edited:
Wow fantastic save in the first min from Pools keeper denying Barlow. Great play from Laird who just waltzed through the Pool team who still look a bit leggy from the end of the first half after pressing like mad.

Chong has an effort cleared of the line as the Pool keeper gets tackled outside the box. Good shout for a peno on Chong just after.

First sub of the match Warren for Utd off for Tanner. Warren just booked and looking a bit careless in the tackle. Jones force a good save from Fjoticek. Pool sitting deeper this half.

Pool with a peno shout. Looked a dead cert to me like the Chong one earlier. Williams with a great chance headers straight at the Pool keeper.

Adekenye subbed off for Pool. Tanner will be happy looks some player. Mini Mane! Close! Chong skins 3/4 Pool players just goes wide.

****** 2-0 Pool good strike from Camacho. Completely against the run of play. Chong could of had a hat trick this half.

Finished 2-0. Disappointing we did more than enough to win the game with the chances we created. 2 mistakes cost us unfortunately. Pretty even game tbh but congratulations to Pool who have some very good and a couple of fantastic players in this team. Think **** got the team selection and players positioning wrong and it cost us early on.

Last edited:
Absolute F-ing disgrace:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/...l-not-face-action-investigation-racism-claim/

As discussed at the time in here when it was patently obvious Holgate had disgracefully pulled the race card and lied to deflect from what he did and escape a sending off/ban, why is he now receiving no action?

The FA continues to be a complete and utter joke. That statement is cringe pathetic ..... "we are completely satisfied that the allegation was made in absolute good faith by Holgate and that there is no suggestion of this being an intentionally false or malicious allegation" even though no other person heard it and the referee was 2 feet away from Firmino and closer than Holgate. Complete **** take.

You should be lengthily banned for trivialising racism every bit as much as you should be lengthily banned for resorting to it.

Last edited:
Wow that is absolute ******* bullshit. If the accusations are false, surely Holgate should be served the same punishment that Firmino would have gotten if accusations were real. That's the only just and fair way to solve situations like this.

Complete and utter B/S Tyton man. Completely beggers belief that the low life lil' **** Holgate gets away scot-free with that.

It's just absolutely shocking. I'd imagine the reasoning must be something like this - if they harshly punish someone for reporting discrimination, future (real) victims will be more reluctant to report things. Which is completely insane, you're not really fighting for human rights, if you have to sacrifice Firmino's rights in the process.

It's just absolutely shocking. .....

Sums it up. Although sadly not surprising to see the gutless FA **** out. Everton's statement is even more laughable.

And as you rightly said from the start, when others were, IMHO as noted at the time, unbelievably trying to suggest there was something in this and slamming L'pool fans for jumping on Holgate; why was he not done for the assault alone? Endangering both supporters and player? Before you even get to the shithouse lies to cover his ****.

Absolutely shocking aren't the words.

Kudos to Stevie's U-19's BTW.

That's as dominant a performance as they've had this Calendar year. Very good end-to-end game but a well-deserved progression over the 90. Nice to be back on the winning track. Real enjoyable watch to come home to.

Be nice if the City game was in the evening. Been wanting to bob over that boss looking academy stadium of theirs but it's just never fallen right to press.

Kudos to Stevie's U-19's BTW.

That's as dominant a performance as they've had this Calendar year. Very good end-to-end game but a well-deserved progression over the 90. Nice to be back on the winning track. Real enjoyable watch to come home to.

Be nice if the City game was in the evening. Been wanting to bob over that boss looking academy stadium of theirs but it's just never fallen right to press.
Games are gonna be around similar times throughout the comp mate unfortunately.

Games are gonna be around similar times throughout the comp mate unfortunately.

Annoying and mad that. Same the group games. Looked at going the Seville one in particular away but their training ground was just too far out mid-late afternoon with the main game the evening.

Good, competitive game this avvi. Thought L'pool deserved that over the full 90 minutes but a real good, often end-to-end game. Enjoyed watching that earlier.

Gonna' be a real tight battle the league the rest of the season.

Total aside but it's mad how the general footy fan still thinks our overall defending is so bad. Regardless of the stats backing up the defence and stacking them up real well against everyone else the league, putting the spotlight on the keepers and highlighting the costly errors in goal, aside from the glaring upturn in shape and organisation since van Dijk's arrival and Klopp's tweaking of tactics; this narrative that the lazy **** media continue to push just seems to stick.

Is what it is I guess.

Scouse, I think they cannot charge Holgate with violent conduct because the ref saw it. FA only interfere if ref completely missed the incident. So basically they cannot do anything.

Scouse, I think they cannot charge Holgate with violent conduct because the ref saw it. FA only interfere if ref completely missed the incident. So basically they cannot do anything.

It's all completely F-ed mate.

I guess we should be lucky they've dropped everything against Firmino. Not like it's stopped the FA with no evidence to charge someone previously when they want.

I don't have a clue what he was doing over the water at New Brighton, but this man .....

Cooler than the F Fonz!

Steven McMillan@stemc18FollowFollow
@stemc18​

More
My Nan met @22mosalah down the dips today and I’ve never seen her so happy
1f601.png
1f601.png
1f601.png

DWlHTFaXkAAB3-R.jpg

10:40 am - 21 Feb 2018

Annoying and mad that. Same the group games. Looked at going the Seville one in particular away but their training ground was just too far out mid-late afternoon with the main game the evening.

Good, competitive game this avvi. Thought L'pool deserved that over the full 90 minutes but a real good, often end-to-end game. Enjoyed watching that earlier.

Gonna' be a real tight battle the league the rest of the season.
Yeah good game. 2 committed teams some very good football on display from some future stars. I have no doubt that players from both sides will feature for the first team. Your Jones, Woodburn, Adekenya and RFB all looked great.

Yeah say say you just edged it. We needed to take our chances when we was on top in the game. Keeper had a very very rare bad day. **** got a few things wrong, don’t know why he changed what had worked so well till this point. Oh well good luck going further!

Yeah good game. 2 committed teams some very good football on display from some future stars. I have no doubt that players from both sides will feature for the first team. Your Jones, Woodburn, Adekenya and RFB all looked great.

..... Oh well good luck going further!

Same Utd too. Gonna' be a cracking end the season the league, I know there's that mad playoff thing where the Southern section's top 4 come in but a last game decider would be brilliant if it goes that way for this part.

Had Adekanye as MOTM yesterday. His issue, aside from injury's, has been his end product. Been brought up at Ajax and Barcelona to be technically sound and a lovely player to watch, but it's the decision making that he needs to sort out to determine what sort of career he ends up having. Jones leap the last two years has been phenomenal. He's showing more than Gerrard was this age but that needs to be WELL tempered with his age. He's still 16 and has a LONG way to go. Lot can happen the next few years good or bad. But having played every possible game this year 18/19 level, where he's in double figures goals and assists, and stepped up to the 23's since January and not looked out of place at all, he look's the kind of dominant, complete, all-round midfielder you can really build a team around. Massive hopes for him being another born and bred Scouser. Lot of youngsters played yesterday that it's far too early to say whether they'll stick here.

As regards the first team, out of the older boys, Woodburn goes without saying. He's the real jewel in the crown and no longer a secret. He, along with Trent and Gomez, are gonna' be big parts of the team, let alone squad, going forward. Star in the making there that they're in no rush to push until he's fully ready. And the big Pole Grabbara is gonna' have a great career somewhere in nets. What really stands out is he rarely makes a mistake. Which is unheard of for goalies at this age. When he misjudged the ball the edge the box and got robbed yesterday which nearly lead to Chong scoring (he's got every chance to be a **** good player BTW if he keeps on at this rate) it stood out as it's so out of character for him. A loan to see how he does the man's game would be a good next step next season. Another in a long line of high-quality Polish goalies.

Won't get into it now but there's some terrific talent being developed at all levels at r's the youth ranks.

******* **** that Roma keeper you lot are linked with is possessed. If he produces anything near the level of last night' performance consistently, which I heard he does, he's a must sign.

Some of those saves last night man. Fella' that keeps City's Ederson out of the Brzilian side. Statistically, he's been right up there with de Gea this year. Who's one **** of an all-time great goalie to be matching to say the least.

It was reading a Sam Maguire/ football whispers piece, linked here:https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/01/roma-goalkeeper-alisson-liverpools-saviour-sticks/, that got me onto him. Only watched one and a bit part game for Roma since and I'm completely sold. Takes up great positions and starts high. Great feet/ distribution. Vocal. Always organising those in front. Love how agile he is and how quickly he bounces back up after making a stop. Like de Gea, using every part of his anatomy. Dominant the air. I get the 'Messi of Goalkeepers' tag.

Completely sold and I'd pay the release in a heartbeat. Which for someone so sceptical on Brazilian 'keepers is saying something. But for now, publicly at least, we've sadly dropped all interest and Karius has the managers full support. And he's playing markedly better the more confident he gets to be fair to him. But whether that remains the same the next 3 months or so remains to be seen.

He'd be up there with Pulisic atop my main summer target list personally.

Back