The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Actually I think it was Evra who's got too far with it.
Personal opinion, just that.

How????? First of all i have always said from day one i dont think Suarez is a racist. Suarez made a comment which in his native is not racist but in Evra's head which is French is very racist. If anything its a lack of intellagence and understanding from Suarez's part.

Yep, suarez is the victim in all this...

Lol?

I was referring to his last quote

My only wish is to get back to the stadium and do what I like most again, that is, to play football.

Should've made that more clear though. I am actually accepting this, unlike most others.

Actually I think it was Evra who's got too far with it.
Personal opinion, just that.

Oh yes. Because reporting racist language is taken it too far.
Just be glad he didn't take it to the police. Be worse for him.

I'm kinda confused as why they have decided to announce their decision today. If they had to make a decisions today then it makes sense, but If I was a Liverpool fan, I would want the club to wait until the last possible chance, or at least until after the Man City game.
But that could be because I'm a Man Utd fan and don't want City to win |)

Lol?

I was referring to his last quote

Should've made that more clear though. I am actually accepting this, unlike most others.

lol fair enough. the statment reads like he was some victim, and frankly im not swallowing that. Not a racist, he was just very stupid here, and did it in the one league that would heavily punish him for it

How????? First of all i have always said from day one i dont think Suarez is a racist. Suarez made a comment which in his native is not racist but in Evra's head which is French is very racist. If anything its a lack of intellagence and understanding from Suarez's part.

Despite the language issues and probably misunderstandings. Evra (and his past can say a lot) would NEVER miss a chance of making a big issue out of something that shouldn't be.

If he feel offended in any way, it's his right to say it and so. But as far as I know he had already accused other players in the past. So that's why I say, this man is troubled and should also be banned against 'self-racism'.

My only little niggle, is Evra took the conversation into Spanish (A language I doubt he's entirely comfortable speaking) and so to me, changes the whole context of the conversation. That's just me though. I can't be bothered to be bitter and twisted about it all. What's done is done.

Although, I think there may be a positive in all of this. We might actually get a goal-scoring striker this window, because the truth is, Suarez isn't prolific enough and we might need to 'replace' him for these 8 games. Also, he hasn't had a break for about 2 years. This will be his first break and it could do him the world of good. Perhaps when he comes back, we'll see a better, fitter Suarez.

My only wish is to get back to the stadium and do what I like most again, that is, to play football, make racist comments, **** of the entire African continent and bite fellow professionals.

Despite the language issues and probably misunderstandings. Evra (and his past can say a lot) would NEVER miss a chance of making a big issue out of something that shouldn't be.

If he feel offended in any way, it's his right to say it and so. But as far as I know he had already accused other players in the past. So that's why I say, this man is troubled and should also be banned against 'self-racism'.

He's never accused anyone in the past, don't see why some Liverpool fans keep on saying he has.

lol fair enough. the statment reads like he was some victim, and frankly im not swallowing that. Not a racist, he was just very stupid here, and did it in the one league that would heavily punish him for it

He isn't racist. Evra already stated that.

However, (if) he did say something racist, his ban is fair. He is a very controversial player, and tends to let his emotions run away with him (Giving Fulham fans the finger, biting Bakkal, etc).

I just want to get this episode over with now though as I am sick and tired of all these conspiracy theories.

You're now being Liverpool #2
As far as i'm aware, mainly from what people on this forum has said, Evra has never actually accused anyone before. Other people have accused someone of being racist towards Evra, but this is the first time Evra has actually accused someone.

He isn't racist. Evra already stated that.

However, (if) he did say something racist, his ban is fair. He is a very controversial player, and tends to let his emotions run away with him (Giving Fulham fans the finger, biting Bakkal, etc).

I just want to get this episode over with now though as I am sick and tired of all these conspiracy theories.

The one place i do back Suarez is in the media. I think the overall coverage of him has been appalling to be frankly honest. The media couldnt really go after terry becuase of the fact the CPS came out and warned of biased coverage (stuff like that can cause a mistrial) but since there was nothing like that in the FA case, he was at their mercy.

Riiiiiight. If someone is guilty you think backing him is the right thing to do, okay.

Sure it's a different kind of support. But what you can't do is turning your back and move away.
That1s what I meant.

And that's what Liverpool fans do and has been doing since Liverpool is Liverpool.

There was the whole incident at the Bridge with our groundsman but as i got shown Evra never made a complaint himself. I don't like Evra as a man personly because of that whole spat but he had every right to complain.

There was the whole incident at the Bridge with our groundsman but as i got shown Evra never made a complaint himself. I don't like Evra as a man personly because of that whole spat but he had every right to complain.

It was that man you love to hate, Phelan, who made the complaint.

The one place i do back Suarez is in the media. I think the overall coverage of him has been appalling to be frankly honest. The media couldnt really go after terry becuase of the fact the CPS came out and warned of biased coverage (stuff like that can cause a mistrial) but since there was nothing like that in the FA case, he was at their mercy.

The media thing was completely ridiculous. On one backpage (mirrorfootball I think it was?), not sure can't remember. However, on one backpage someone wrote with huge letters "RACIST".

That's taking it a bit to far in my opinion.

And another thing is; How can some Liverpool fans complain about Terry not getting anything? He's of worse than Suarez.

The media thing was completely ridiculous. On one backpage (mirrorfootball I think it was?), not sure can't remember. However, on one backpage someone wrote with huge letters "RACIST".

That's taking it a bit to far in my opinion.

And another thing is; How can some Liverpool fans complain about Terry not getting anything? He's of worse than Suarez.

Yep, even after any legal sanctions, he then most likely faces FA sanctions. if guilty almost, he gets a fine, banned, stripped of the national captaincy, and possibly miss out on the Euros

Back