The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
The media thing was completely ridiculous. On one backpage (mirrorfootball I think it was?), not sure can't remember. However, on one backpage someone wrote with huge letters "RACIST".

That's taking it a bit to far in my opinion.

And another thing is; How can some Liverpool fans complain about Terry not getting anything? He's of worse than Suarez.

Just for the record, despite this incident.
Both media and FA are ridiculous.

that's it.

People need to look abit deeper into this, weather Liverpool supported him or not they were very smart to decide not to appeal now.

He has an 8 game ban meaning if we beat oldham in the FA CUP the fixtures he comes back for are:

Tottenham, United, Everton and Arsenal

why risk appealing when the ban hen it may only get increased and is very unlikely to be reduced

instead he is now back for the most important set of fixtures for the season... you look at the fixtures he is missing and in the league we 'Should' Be okay

Smart move!

Yep, even after any legal sanctions, he then most likely faces FA sanctions. if guilty almost, he gets a fine, banned, stripped of the national captaincy, and possibly miss out on the Euros

I read on various places that, after he gets charged by the authorities, the FA can't do anything, since he can't be charged with the same thing twice?

However, there were concrete evidence at Terry's case. If Suarez wouldn't have changed his story so many times, he could've won the case.

People need to look abit deeper into this, weather Liverpool supported him or not they were very smart to decide not to appeal now.

He has an 8 game ban meaning if we beat oldham in the FA CUP the fixtures he comes back for are:

Tottenham, United, Everton and Arsenal

why risk appealing when the ban hen it may only get increased and is very unlikely to be reduced

instead he is now back for the most important set of fixtures for the season... you look at the fixtures he is missing and in the league we 'Should' Be okay

Smart move!

If Liverpool whole heartedly thought he was innocent they would appeal. You don't sit and take a punishment if you're innocent. It's not about the ban being extended, Liverpool have talented enough lawyers that, if there were contradictions, they would have found them, played them, destroyed the appeal and Suarez would have no punishment. Clearly, from the report, they either found nothing to ground an appeal on, or nothing strong enough. If they appealed on those grounds, yes the ban would be extended. If they actually believed they could get him off, they would appeal.

Not appealing is an admission of guilt. ESPECIALLY considering the passionate defence at the start of the episode. They didn't back down at the warning of the ban extension, why now? Clearly they have serious doubts on his innocence, why else the complete U-turn?

Also may i add, i read somewhere that had the police looked into the suarez case they would not have charged him because there was not enough evidence, yet the FA Can..?

ive gt over the decision now, i just find this quite funny?

I read on various places that, after he gets charged by the authorities, the FA can't do anything, since he can't be charged with the same thing twice?

However, there were concrete evidence at Terry's case. If Suarez wouldn't have changed his story so many times, he could've won the case.

The FA cant do anything yet, im pretty sure they can take action after. there was one player who got sanctioned by the fa, over something similar (but much more vile and malicious) in the semi pro leagues, and got a 25 game ban. It then went to the police and they banned him for 3 years from all football grounds. so he can, and should, be hit twice if guilty

Also may i add, i read somewhere that had the police looked into the suarez case they would not have charged him because there was not enough evidence, yet the FA Can..?

ive gt over the decision now, i just find this quite funny?

Completely different levels of evidence needed. completely different system

If Liverpool whole heartedly thought he was innocent they would appeal. You don't sit and take a punishment if you're innocent. It's not about the ban being extended, Liverpool have talented enough lawyers that, if there were contradictions, they would have found them, played them, destroyed the appeal and Suarez would have no punishment. Clearly, from the report, they either found nothing to ground an appeal on, or nothing strong enough. If they appealed on those grounds, yes the ban would be extended. If they actually believed they could get him off, they would appeal.Not appealing is an admission of guilty. ESPECIALLY considering the passionate defence at the start of the episode. They didn't back down at the warning of the ban extension, why now? Clearly they have serious doubts on his innocence, why else the complete U-turn?
there using sense, and they know the FA were determined to show there strong stance on racism, plus like i said above, why risk appealing when the games he come back for are the important one's.it says everything when the police would not have charged suarez because there was not enough evidence yet the FA could

The FA cant do anything yet, im pretty sure they can take action after. there was one player who got sanctioned by the fa, over something similar (but much more vile and malicious) in the semi pro leagues, and got a 25 game ban. It then went to the police and they banned him for 3 years from all football grounds. so he can, and should, be hit twice if guilty

Not that I am an expert or anything, but shouldn't Terry be able to get a 3 year ban or something like that?

Anyway, I'm still content with Suarez minor 8 match ban. Rather that, than having it in the police's hands.

If Liverpool whole heartedly thought he was innocent they would appeal. You don't sit and take a punishment if you're innocent. It's not about the ban being extended, Liverpool have talented enough lawyers that, if there were contradictions, they would have found them, played them, destroyed the appeal and Suarez would have no punishment. Clearly, from the report, they either found nothing to ground an appeal on, or nothing strong enough. If they appealed on those grounds, yes the ban would be extended. If they actually believed they could get him off, they would appeal.

Not appealing is an admission of guilt. ESPECIALLY considering the passionate defence at the start of the episode. They didn't back down at the warning of the ban extension, why now? Clearly they have serious doubts on his innocence, why else the complete U-turn?
To be fair, I think a large part of why they're doing this is because their reputation as a club was going down the toilet not just because they didn't have a hope of winning an appeal.

Not that I am an expert or anything, but shouldn't Terry be able to get a 3 year ban or something like that?

Anyway, I'm still content with Suarez minor 8 match ban. Rather that, than having it in the police's hands.

If found guilty Terry will get a 2.5k fine and go down on the police records as a racist. It will then go to the FA who will no doubt give him a 4 game ban (Suarez's had a 4 game suspended sentence from Holland and 1 added on for his gesture to the Fulham fans lets not forget), a hefty fine, lose his England captaincy and will never play for England again.

there using sense, and they know the FA were determined to show there strong stance on racism, plus like i said above, why risk appealing when the games he come back for are the important one's.it says everything when the police would not have charged suarez because there was not enough evidence yet the FA could
Are you getting this off a Liverpool forum by any chance rather than an actual source? Because I know a lot of liverpool fans were enraged that it didn't get done by the criminal burden of proof (reasonable doubt) but the civil burden of proof (balance of probability). Which doesn't actually mean that a court wouldn't have found him guilty.

what Carl said, but he could also get a 3 year football order

How????? First of all i have always said from day one i dont think Suarez is a racist. Suarez made a comment which in his native is not racist but in Evra's head which is French is very racist. If anything its a lack of intellagence and understanding from Suarez's part.

Sorry, but in the way you said it sounds like as if someone is lacking some intellagence and understanding this one is Evra. He was the one who didn't put aside all the cultural issues of the temrs used by Suárez.

If found guilty Terry will get a 2.5k fine and go down on the police records as a racist. It will then go to the FA who will no doubt give him a 4 game ban (Suarez's had a 4 game suspended sentence from Holland and 1 added on for his gesture to the Fulham fans lets not forget), a hefty fine, lose his England captaincy and will never play for England again.
Suarez's 4 suspend games from his ban in Holland had nothing to do with it, did it?
I read the report and they said the standard ban would be 2 game for breaking rule E3(1) but they increased that to 4 due to the number of times they found him guilty of abusing evra. Then as he had broken rule E3(2) for the first time it was doubled to 8.

Sorry, but in the way you said it sounds like as if someone is lacking some intellagence and understanding this one is Evra. He was the one who didn't put aside all the cultural issues of the temrs used by Suárez.

Am I the only one that's sick and tired of all the 'cultural issues' bullshit?

Exactly. especially when uruguayans (is that the collective term?) have come out and said that the term negritta is in fact insulting. not to mention 'i kicked you because you are black' and 'blackie blackie blackie'

Tiring or not, these "'cultural issues' bullshit" can turn any situations around. Denying it is an stupidity.

But this subject as a whole is tiring and I'll finish discussing about with a Dalglish quote:

Luis [Suarez] has made a brilliant statement. We stand right by him. There is plenty more I would like to say. But I won't.

Did you know that, in portuguese, text in bold is text in negrito, guys?

To be fair, I think a large part of why they're doing this is because their reputation as a club was going down the toilet not just because they didn't have a hope of winning an appeal.

They shouldn't have acted like idiots from the start of the whole thing then. Saying what they did makes themselves look stupid, not appealing just completely fails to put conviction to their words. Their reputation was ruined either way, they let it go too far.

Back