The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Gentle reminder that Messi once scored 90 goals in a calendar year. So as impressive as Salah's 40 are so far, it's not quite that he is pulling Messi/Ronaldo numbers, it's that Messi/Ronaldo numbers have declined.

Away at Balckburn. End of season nothing game. Everyones on their holidays. Nice, relaxed day out the sun. He comes on for Riedle. Redknapp plays this ball over the top. He's got clear of the whole Rovers defence. Swivels his head as the balls mid-air to check its flight. Turns back to carry on running forward towards us the Darwen End ..... The ball hits him on the back of his head as he's running and bounces back the other direction to great hilarity on all 4 sides of the ground. Never forget it. Summed up that clown perfectly.

Just how did he score so many goals in Germany before we signed him? Just how poor was the Bundesliga the late 90-s for that to happen? He'd get in any all-time worst L'pool XI.

Fun times.

Hahaha...in that worst Liverpool XI with the likes of Istvan Kosma, Igor Biscan, Paul Stewart, Julian Dicks, Mark Walters...the list could go on!
**Oh i forgot Torben Piechnik**

Last edited:
Liverpool gets 3 points because of poor officiating. Big surprise. See what I did there?

Boring comment morimech...yes Mane should've been sent off but what do you want the team to do stop competing 'coz the ref made a mistake???

And what does any of that have to do with the level Salah is playing at this season?

So again, as I type, he's right up there as one of the three most productive/ best players currently playing in World football.

Deny it as much as you want. It's not changing the fact.
All that matters is right now and right now the Egyptian king is performing to truly worlclass levels.

Liverpool gets 3 points because of poor officiating. Big surprise. See what I did there?

Less surprising was Hodgson being Hodgson.

Or Sakho doing Sakho 'things' reminding everyone yet again why he'll never be anywhere near the top CH he delusionally thinks he is:

DZnuYUjVQAEzKxE.jpg

DZnub4QVAAAf8T9.jpg

Matip done for the year.

Sorry for him, as much as I never want to see him anywhere near the pitch in an ideal World. But at least now van Dijk can have a settled partner in Lovren who won't panic all those around him. Ragnar the Red stepping up again to be a lot higher in depth than ever he was signed for. Invaluable cheap experience he's turned out to be.

Talking CH's, I hope for City's sake Kompany was just being bullish with bravado to the media about not being worried about Anfield. If he wasn't, man alive is he in for a major shock. You might think you've experienced the lot mate, but you haven't until you've experienced that arl place when she's fully rocking under the European lights. With no three days holiday needed on this, taking a half day tomorrow. Good few scoops in town then up the ground around tea-time to great the coaches. Something I've never actually done as we're usually still in the alehouse haha. Fixing to be one of the real special Anfield European nights. Gonna' be mental!

'Allez, Allez, Allez ..... ' Europe. It's what we do.

29595154_2046773135610085_3945548640306479805_n.jpg

Matip done for the year.

Sorry for him, as much as I never want to see him anywhere near the pitch in an ideal World. But at least now van Dijk can have a settled partner in Lovren who won't panic all those around him. Ragnar the Red stepping up again to be a lot higher in depth than ever he was signed for. Invaluable cheap experience he's turned out to be.

Talking CH's, I hope for City's sake Kompany was just being bullish with bravado to the media about not being worried about Anfield. If he wasn't, man alive is he in for a major shock. You might think you've experienced the lot mate, but you haven't until you've experienced that arl place when she's fully rocking under the European lights. With no three days holiday needed on this, taking a half day tomorrow. Good few scoops in town then up the ground around tea-time to great the coaches. Something I've never actually done as we're usually still in the alehouse haha. Fixing to be one of the real special Anfield European nights. Gonna' be mental!

'Allez, Allez, Allez ..... ' Europe. It's what we do.

29595154_2046773135610085_3945548640306479805_n.jpg

It also means Lovren will play alongside TAA at fullback and he will atleast cover the youngster. Also VVD needs to improve his concentration at times, it feels like the game is to easy for him at times and he coasts through it. Won't be a problem in big games but against Palace and Co. he needs to keep full concentration for 90mins.

Superb result from Madrid tonight. Bouncing at that. Can't fail to have an absolutely boss trip the semi with Turin out of the equation.

Just need to take care of City now, Like a kid at Christmas for this one. We know the massive difference Anfield makes on a European night. You underestimate it at your peril. Gonna' be absolutely mad tomorrow with everyone on it. Love that City and the press are downplaying it. It just stirs up everyone more as we know the difference we make. Love that the MEN did the click bate disgrace on greeting the coaches. It's just gonna' have more lads turn out and more mad pyro laden bedlam whipping everyone up into a frenzy.

This is what you live for. The memories from nights like these.

Europe. It's what we do.

Can

not

WAIT!!!!!

'Bring on your Internazionale, Bring on yer Roma by the Score ..... '

Woke up absolutely buzzing!. Been talking about this game since the draw. Not much work's getting done this morning. Just counting down the hours. You can feel the buzz everywhere. What time we knocking off? How early can we get the pub? Get up the ground and scare the living ***** out of City greeting the coaches. Get in the ground handy and create a Chelsea '05 atmosphere. LOVE that they have been putting it out there they aren't bothered about the atmosphere. Are they in for a ****** shock if they actually believe that! Wound people up more as we know what a difference we make, to be even louder and more hostile and really show them what Anfield in all her glory under the lights in Europe does to the opposition whilst inspiring our own side to heights they never thought they could reach!

The City just comes alive Europe. It's what we do better than anyone.

Top two footballing sides not only in England but arguably Europe right now. This is fixing to be an absolute classic.

'Forza Liverpool, Forza Liverpool, Forza Liverpool, Allez, Allez!'

Last edited:
My God that's cringe-worthy.

That Irish ******** comedian wants a SERIOUS slap. Can't believe the likes of Sky actually run with him. Only ONE song will ever be sung to the Archies 'Sugar, Sugar' and that's Sadio's. Short story: The last round, on the way to Porto, we're on the train between terminals at Gatwick. And this group of ******* Welsh lads, already ****** at half 9 the morning. start singing that. There's a fair few Scousers in this little shuttle carriage ..... You can imagine what was said. That was the end of Welsh knobs embarrassing us. Modern day football fans man .....

Talking of .....

And anyone that sings about Utd when we aren't playing you is in line for a serious rebuke, if not worse, from many older lads.Self-policing. That's unacceptable wool behaviour and then some.

In case there are any 'lurkers' on here (you never know) going the match tonight, the mad pyro party, uhmmmm, cordial greeting of the coaches has slightly changed as their route has slightly changed. No climbing up the scaffolding tonight.

Props to the MEN for making sure they'll be even more there thanks to that B/S clickbait pieced the other week.

Important information for fans: Merseyside Police statement - Liverpool FC

The blueprint to beat City is well and truly in the open. Just ****** hurry them, especially Fernandinho who is truly useless when pressed. Absolutely buzzing and TAA with a big **** you to anyone who doubted him before this game, he was magnificent. Only damper on the night is Hendo will be missing for the 2nd leg and we need his calmness in the middle of the park.

When you watch City play I honestly believe the title has been handed to them by the tactics employed by the rest of the league. Letting City control the game and setting up two banks of four is suicide. Seriously even Bristol who got in their faces over the two legs nearly beat them, so why cant the rest of the league bother to have a go against them.

Back