The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
City forgot that for all the skill and passing, you nees to scrap against Liverpool. You knew what was coming, but Pep seemed to be above that and Liverpool rightly smashed them.

Man this made me laugh XD

DZ97yFrWsAAJJi3.jpg:large

This picture for me, sums up exactly why Pep's City are always likeliest to come up trumps over the course of 38 games. But Liverpool, when coming up against them in these big crunch games, are more likely than not to at least take a point off them, or like last night & the last league game, send Pep home with an L.

Honestly, ignoring the early Barca glory days, Pep's record in Europe is kind of ****.

The last time one his clubs did anything of note was almost a decade ago. Since 2011 what has he done? 3 semis with Bayern where he got absolutely outplayed and embarrassed by opposing managers. Then 2 campaigns with City, where he gets whooped by teams that on paper he should be comfortably beating. And before all that, his last year in Barca he loses to a 10-man Chelsea led by a rookie manager.

Honestly, ignoring the early Barca glory days, Pep's record in Europe is kind of ****.

The last time one his clubs did anything of note was almost a decade ago. Since 2011 what has he done? 3 semis with Bayern where he got absolutely outplayed and embarrassed by opposing managers. Then 2 campaigns with City, where he gets whooped by teams that on paper he should be comfortably beating. And before all that, his last year in Barca he loses to a 10-man Chelsea led by a rookie manager.

He actually has an awful record in away knockout CL games, the only big team he has beaten away is Real Madrid once. Other than that it is wins over Shaktar, Arsenal, Leverkusen and Basel none of which are pushovers but the teams he has been in charge of should win those games. It goes back even to his first Barca team, just seems its the one thing he struggles with. Almost seems like he overthinks them as he often seems to make changes that don't seem to work.

This shows all his away CL knockout games Guardiola has won only 5 of 24 Champions League away knockout ties | Daily Mail Online

https://twitter.com/stubrennanmen/status/982007469953056768?s=21 Fair play City. Especially at what happened going to the game!

Indeed. Real good to read and no less what you'd expect of any decent people. No less medical proffessionals.

The continued sensationalism from the likes of the MEN not so much.

'Bricks' now? I wait with baited breath for the story of the lad with the rocket launcher hiding in the tree. Not just giving props to helping the girl, but feeling the need to add they were off the bus in City trackies. Like that somehow equates to them running the risk of getting attacked. and would have been a lot safer had they not been.

A few ******** scalls throw some cans and bottles. That wants admonishing. That's putting people on the street, not those protected on a bus, at risk in the crossfire. Totally unacceptable as I'm sure everyone bar the few knobheads that chose to do that. Bellends. But the sensationalist, OTT B/S, out of what is pretty much a none-story is getting more incredulous by the day.

Fair play to de Bruyne. He's the only one that's said anything remotely in the bounds of realism. You'd think there was a baying mob putting City's players lives at risk, totally decimating their bus to the point it needed scrapping, and sacrificing live animals in their path the way the moralistic spin has been the media at large and social media.

As a 'so-called fan' (the go to moral stance of absolute bellends that have never been the match in their lives) who should presumably be ashamed right now as the result was, and I quote, 'tarnished' buy a few knobs out of thousands; I'm sleeping quite soundly after witnessing/ participating in what was, from the majority, a brilliant start to an awesome night.

The fan(s) who attacked the City bus should get a one off pay from the club. Played a factor, alongside the atmosphere. They were rattled before the whistle went.

Sorry, I know I should type "scumbag(s), should be banned", but it's true :P He/they were your 13th man/men, the fans your 12th.

The fan(s) who attacked the City bus should get a one off pay from the club. Played a factor, alongside the atmosphere. They were rattled before the whistle went.

Sorry, I know I should type "scumbag(s), should be banned", but it's true :P He/they were your 13th man/men, the fans your 12th.

Without being flip about it, that's exactly the point all the sanitised commentary is missing mate.

Throwing bottles the street is never acceptable. That goes without saying. But everything else ..... It sends out a massive statement. Welcome to Anfield. You're NOT going to enjoy it! You think we're loud and mad outside? You think this is hostile? Wait until we get INSIDE the ground! Villareal was the same the Europa League semi and they were beaten before the game had even started. Their heads had completely gone coming through the smoke and noise. Jesus, if some of these moralistic divvy's think that's bad, they should see how violently intimidating it get's in Europe. Turin '05 with cars ablaze like a scene out of a mad iner-City riot outside as the Juve fans tried to get at anything remotely L'pool related.

Some of the comments about 'games behind closed doors', and 'they never learn' ..... Seriously man. People that don't have a clue what football support is all about in the sanitised World of the PL.

Absolute madness that they've tried to make it a bigger story than the favourites for the European Cup getting an absolute doing on the pitch under that atmosphere for the second time in 3 months.

Soz abar us for passionately supporting our team, playing our part, and actually making a difference at the match.

He actually has an awful record in away knockout CL games, the only big team he has beaten away is Real Madrid once. Other than that it is wins over Shaktar, Arsenal, Leverkusen and Basel none of which are pushovers but the teams he has been in charge of should win those games. It goes back even to his first Barca team, just seems its the one thing he struggles with. Almost seems like he overthinks them as he often seems to make changes that don't seem to work.

This shows all his away CL knockout games Guardiola has won only 5 of 24 Champions League away knockout ties | Daily Mail Online

Yeah, and it's not just that he has **** record, he's losing in stupid, naive ways that could be easily avoidable. It's always either some brainfart line-up as with Liverpool or just refusing to adapt his tactics even when the team is getting run off the pitch like with Barca/Real semis.

Normally buzzing for the Derby. The one game you look for and want to win more than any other each season.

Least arsed about this one as at any time in my life I can remember.

Bigger fish ahead and all that.

Up the (hopefully) WELL changed Reds!

I"ll take the point but **** someone get Solanke a loan you can see how raw he is. Needs to be playing regular football and not 10 min cameos here and there.

No injuries in the rain/ wet pitch. No strenuous workout. Job done and onto the serious matter of taking another step toward #6 Tuesday.

And by God just HOW ***** are the Ev? That was like a training match for a L'pool B team today. In their Cup Final. The only ****** game they're arsed about each and every season with this season done as soon as it ended. The Hippo Head factor. And he managed England. NEVER forget that gem!

Last edited:
United doing us a favour, Pep has brought on his big hitters now. Turning it into a slugfest which will help us in the 2nd leg.

Don't wanna jinx it but I can defo see us scoring at the emptihad easily. Really ****** we wont have Hendo because whoever plays the number 6 role will have to stand up and be counted. Considering Can wont be fit enough I want to see Wiji come out of his shell and showcase the undoubted talent he has.

United doing us a favour, Pep has brought on his big hitters now. Turning it into a slugfest which will help us in the 2nd leg.

KDB & Aguero would have got on anyway, keep them ticking over rather than having to warm up & down again. Kun could have done without the Young challenge but needed minutes.

Not often I'll ever say this but 'GET IN WEST 'AM!!'

More or less boxes off the top 4 and allows us to concentrate fully on Kiev.

Back