The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
XD

Emre Can says he wants to play for "a very big club" next season, insisting "that any potential suitor must be capable of challenging for the biggest prizes".

XD

Emre Can says he wants to play for "a very big club" next season, insisting "that any potential suitor must be capable of challenging for the biggest prizes".
what a **** if he said that how about him play like he can not just turn it on every now and then and look world class for 1 game then the next 10 you would not know he was playing

Frigging PL man.

Nice to see both L'pool and City have completely ignored the plea from the both the SOS and Spion Kop 1906 for a cap on tickets to say £30 in line with normal aways. Instead, they go £45/ £40. Having just come off paying £60 in Porto. Not like both clubs aren't making a **** load for reaching the quarters. Greedy bastards!

Mad that the cheapest Euro away this year, the qualifier Hoffenheim aside, was Moscow of all places!

And then to top it off, L'pool are pushing ahead with their bollocks 200 people collection in Manchester the day of the game. And want your passport #, for a UK game and 45-minute train ride away. You couldn't make it up.

Didn’t look good one for Gomez. ****** friendliest.
Yh he's just come back from injury. With some big games coming up we need him as I trust him at fullback more than TAA as he is more defensively switched on. Plus no word on Clyne who isn't even matchfit and wouldn't suprise me if he was sold in the summer but haven't seen us linked with a RB. Won't complain if we stuck with Gomez for another season at RB though.

It wouldn't surprise you if Clyne was sold in the summer?

Consistently reliable defender who'd be a shoo-in the WC squad and 27 next year just coming into his prime years. Adding to an area of strength both sides allowing Joe to flip back into the middle and bolster that group.

Strange view.

It wouldn't surprise you if Clyne was sold in the summer?

Consistently reliable defender who'd be a shoo-in the WC squad and 27 next year just coming into his prime years. Adding to an area of strength both sides allowing Joe to flip back into the middle and bolster that group.

Strange view.
I could give you many reason but the simple fact is hes not good enough for us anymore mate. You want to win championships and push on for trophies we need to be ruthless. Its not just Clyne mate either this summer or next I would expect Lallana to be moved on, maybe Milner aswell if he doesn't want to be back up anymore. Also as much as I love Hendo he too will need to be phased out as he can't be trusted to be fit for a whole season. Gotta be ruthless if we want to push City in the next season or two.

Outside of Milner getting an opportunity to finish somewhere playing every week, I think you're liable to be disappointed there d.

Yers want to bin Lallana too? Not the first I've read on that ..... Mad to me how a key player, and **** talented one, can have a lengthy spell out (with a real bad injury let's not forget), and people (generally those who share that view) completely forget just how integral he was to the side just because he's not come straight back firing on all cylinders. And one who's one of the fittest 29-year-olds anywhere. Good few years the highest level left in Adam yet club and Internationally.

I'll wager he, Henderson and Clyne will still be important parts of the squad next year mate. Klopp isn't so much focused on a top XI as a top 16/17/18. He knows their worth.

*Edit* Talking City dilakh ..... Is rite Lothar lad!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-can-end-pep-14455985

Last edited:
I’m not saying you can’t improve your 11. But Clyde, Lalanna, Henderson who I think has been much improved under Klopp are defo more than good enough to be in the squad. Yes you could upgrade them out of the first team but should defo keep them. Would cost a fortune to replace them 3 with a similar level player or a bucket load more for greater quality players.

+ they are Brittish. Surely there's some pride in that you've got quality brittish players (NT) in your team?
Not to forget knowledge of the PL blabla

Think you're slightly overrating our squad Scouse. I read somewere the amount of time Lallana has been out injured since he signed and its pretty damning. Apart from an excellent 6 months last season, he has been meh for the rest. I'm not saying turf him out straight but if Klopp can no longer rely on him and certain players to be fit then he will replace them.

Edit: He has been out injured for a total of 303 days and this is only he's 4th season of which he has barely featured.
Edit 2: One more thing Lallana is the least fit person in the squad, the guy was being managed in his Southampton days hence why he never completed 90mins games. Dont be fooled by he's relentless pressing.

Last edited:
Brilliant to see Clyne back the 18. Not so much Matip starting again. Henderson, Milner and Gini should NEVER all be part of the same midfield. Next to no creativity there which is mad on the face of it to leave Alex out or not bring Lallana in.

DZnC_GJWAAE71m4.jpg:large

Still can’t believe we sunk SO low as to employ The Hodge. Dark, DARK times indeed under those two absolute charlatans.

Time to put Palace and their antwacky, lifeless, clueless sham of a manager in their place and give them a well owed licking and set us up for City.

Into this ***** Redmen!

Frustrating half. Trent having a nightmare. Sadio just took long going down or else he gets a stonewall penalty. Instead he gets booked for simulation. Change the midfield up and step it up second half.

Klopp sort this half-time.

90 Mins Redmen. Keep working.

Swarbrick intending to give us anything today?

Another stonewall pen on van Dijk. And Firmino should just give the defender his shirt if he wants it that bad!

Back