The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Fernandinho labeling Liverpool a "long ball" team. Football snobs are taking over the game now XD There's a million & one ways to play football.

Fernandinho labeling Liverpool a "long ball" team. Football snobs are taking over the game now XD There's a million & one ways to play football.

As Paisley himself said; it's not about a long ball or a short ball, it's about the right ball.

2 more hours than knock-off and the day can PROPERLY start. Utterly weird going to a European away ..... 35 miles down the ****** road.

Just as mad, to me anyway, that Reds are still playing the ‘cautious’ card. I personally can’t not see us scoring at the very least. And Yiu wiCity aren’t racking up 5. My only concern tonight as how many of our younger end rock up without tickets and try force there way in being just down the road. Can see it being worse than Chelsea “05 for that. And getting back into town after. Be absolutely stunned if that doesn’t go putting them out on the biggest stage of all after they and everyone else had them down to win the lot.Hopefully GMP do there jobs for once but at least we’ll have numbers.

Thought Pep took a lot of harsh criticism on here last week BTW. Yeah, he got two, albeit key, personal decisions wrong in not playing Bernardo Silva and Danilo for Gundagin and Laporte respectively. But tactically he was sound. City, first half aside when there collective arsed went under that special, special place that is Anfield in Europe, played well. They just came up against a side, boosted themselves in that atmosphere, that were just better in every facet on the night.

That’s football.

Yer know. as much as I crave another title as much as the next man, give me a shot at #6 ANY day of the week. You just can’t beat straight knock-out footie on the highest stage the planet. The European Cup. Culminating in the biggest game in all of sports.

Live for European nights. Absolutely nottin’ bigger or better.

Up the Semi Bound Reds!

Don't know whether Scouse is a madman for booking his Kiev hotel when it was announced or if he is a genius.

Don't know whether Scouse is a madman for booking his Kiev hotel when it was announced or if he is a genius.

So now wouldn’t be a good time to say we booked rooms Talinn the last International break for the SC final? ;)

Never too early to plan ahead for European travel my friend. Scousers. It’s what we do better than anyone.

Last edited:
Not sure what hurts more today. My head from ale. Or my poor bruised body from an absolutely mad away end. I wanna' go home **** it!

I'm getting too old for this **** haha.

Now for the draw. Personally I want Bayern they have a dodgy defence which would never withstand our press and front three. Dont want Madrid over two legs for obvious reason and also want to avoid Roma as theyre style of play is exactly what we stuggle against.

Now for the draw. Personally I want Bayern they have a dodgy defence which would never withstand our press and front three. Dont want Madrid over two legs for obvious reason and also want to avoid Roma as theyre style of play is exactly what we stuggle against.

That 'struggle' is getting less and less and more and more tiresome when anyone (falsely) trots it out. Don't you start adding to the B/S too mate.

Personally, I'd love anyone. Can't fail to have a boss trip now Turin's off the agenda. Rome would be brilliant. We'd get at least 7/8 thousand there. And take twice as many. That would be a mob and a half to not worry about them the night the game. And Rome's a fantastic City to have a few days in. Just the actual game you worry about with their knobs. Madrid's Madrid. Same Munich. Two brilliant places. And if Sevilla somehow got through, that would be beyond awesome to go back there twice in the same year.

On the pitch, the same. They'll ALL want to avoid Klopps L'pool. LOVED Matts Hummels saying that there was massive relief the quarter-final draw that they avoided L'pool as we're one of the worst sides to face in Europe. NOBODY will want to pull us. Madrid included. Throw in the one thing nobody else has, the Anfield factor, and I'll happily take on Madrid or anyone over two legs of straight knock-out European footie.

It's what we do.

This gang of Reds hasn't lost through 12 European games this season. Scoring the most goals to this point jointly that any English side has ever scored through a CL season. And have just come off walloping the best side in England and favourites for the competition 5-1 over two games the quarters.

We shouldn't be fearing ANYONE!

Yeah I'd definitely want Bayern if I were you, unless if they can get Neuer ready and in decent form in the next 3 weeks.

If you watched Roma you would understand that their style counters us Scouse. They play very compact and like to hit on the counter. I'd prefer to play against a side were we wont have much of the possession and can have space for our front three to utilise. I didn't mention the bs narrative that we cant defend, I just dont want to play against a team that can counter our style of play.

It's not the narrative that we can't defend. Although that's lame and false enough. (Looking at YOU zz.).

It's that we struggle against sides that defend deep. The longer he's been here and the more this team is constantly evolving under Klopp the fewer and far between that's become.

Superb. L'pool get charged by our 'mates' at UEFA for the flares and 'throwing objects' again last night. Presume we threw the blue one on the actual pitch here too being as there's no similar charge against City?

View attachment 58776

UEFA are nothing if they're not consistent in protecting the mega-wealthy.

Back