The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Call me petty but I sincerely hope Bayern wins the whole thing just so people stop talking **** that Guardiola's tenure in Bayern was a success, when all he did was take an amazing team and turned it into bunch of sideways passing hipsters. 70 year old Heynckes 4 years into retirement coming on and winning the treble right off the bat would certainly do the trick.

Call me petty but I sincerely hope Bayern wins the whole thing just so people stop talking **** that Guardiola's tenure in Bayern was a success, when all he did was take an amazing team and turned it into bunch of sideways passing hipsters. 70 year old Heynckes 4 years into retirement coming on and winning the treble right off the bat would certainly do the trick.
and he took over a team that won it all the season b4 and ****** all over barca to team that just ticked along and did nothing in the cl

I'm gonna' preface this by saying I really like Pep. Really rate him as one of the top coaches of his age. A true great who's innovations took the game forward a generation.

But to press, you can make a salient argument that he failed at Munich. Badly. And he's failed at City. He was brought in for one thing and one thing only ultimately. To win the European Cup.

That's the price at the VERY top level.

Prediction for later.

L'pool 3-0 Bournemouth.

Harry Kene 3. Although he'll still claim a 4th even though the score is 3-0.

Great start and great goal by Salah, Replays show he got the last touch

I saw Salah touching the ball at least 3 times in the replay. Its his goal surely.

Didn't see the goal, but how ironic given the whole Kane/Appeal/Fight with Salah for golden boot **** going on LOL

Tough weekend.

Anyway, chatting to some Bournemouth lads prior to the game Sat'day, they were raving about Jordan Ibe the last 3 or 4 months. By all accounts now he's getting a consistent run, he's starting to look the price they paid and they see him being a big contributor for them going forward next season with the freedom Howe allows his team to play with.

Nice he's finally knuckled down and started to show the God-given talent he's been wasting.

Seriously let down by LFC this past weekend.

First, a minutes 'applause' Sat'day before the game. What, exactly, is there to 'applaud?' I want to respect and remember 96 lives less fortunate than myself that aren't here to do the same. 'Applauding' is the very LAST emotion that should be on show.

And to then compound everything by having the club shop open all day yesterday and normal, stadium tours running ...... Is EVERYTHING about money? You can't shut things down on the 15th of all days and show some respect.

Disgraceful L'pool. No other way to put that.

MASSIVE kudos to whoever scripted this.

Couldn't think of anyone that encapsulates everything we are then the narrator.

Hairs on the back of your neck heart thumping!

[video=youtube;YhqiSO_UFxg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=105&v=YhqiSO_UFxg[/video]

Don't know whether Scouse is a madman for booking his Kiev hotel when it was announced or if he is a genius.

Booked the two outward flights to Kiev the route we've been sat on today as it has just started to creep up.

Calculated gamble. With potentially Munich (not so much Madrid. The Spanish never travel in great numbers), having 24 hours start with our 2nd leg being on Wednesday. And they'll be all over the same routes we are. Along with being out in Rome and not needing to try sort things out whilst travelling home. Rather take a worst case of standing the cost of the flights if we got beat as opposed to flight prices going mega stupid in another 2 weeks time.

Worry about the return after at least next Tuesday's out the way and where things stand then.

Not that any Red could be much happier with life right now, but as talks naturally all on next Tuesday, a blue adding 'You btards are seriously winning this again aren't yers? has just made my day.

Yes Bill. Yes we are.

When you view West Brom as a leisurely day out the sun with Tuesday the all-encompassing focus to look forward to.

Good times.

Up the 'What record will Mo break today?' Reds.

That was one of the worst officiating I have seen in a while. My god who was in charge today can't be arsed to google. Phantom freekicks given along with missed elbows and kicks.

Back