The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Congratulations! I bet it will take you couple of hours to properly unclench after that finish.

And yeah shame about what was happening with the fans, but I'm not sure if banning Roma for something that occurs outside of the stadium is a sensible solution. Nothing really stops me from putting on a Liverpool scarf and beating up someone with a pipe, and then what, Liverpool gets banned?

Congratulations! I bet it will take you couple of hours to properly unclench after that finish.

And yeah shame about what was happening with the fans, but I'm not sure if banning Roma for something that occurs outside of the stadium is a sensible solution. Nothing really stops me from putting on a Liverpool scarf and beating up someone with a pipe, and then what, Liverpool gets banned?
Bruh what is this unclentching you speak of. Holding till the end of the final.

Keep this brief as I’m goosed and liable to fall asleep typing.

This football club man.

We’re going to our 8th European Cup Final. That’s EIGHT times L’pool Football Club have competed in the biggest game in football for the biggest prize in football. That’s as many European Cup finals as Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United have been to COMBINED!

This football club man.

Our European reality is every other English clubs European dreams.

This football club man.

European Royalty and then some!

Last edited:
..... And yeah shame about what was happening with the fans, but I'm not sure if banning Roma for something that occurs outside of the stadium is a sensible solution. Nothing really stops me from putting on a Liverpool scarf and beating up someone with a pipe, and then what, Liverpool gets banned?

Behave mate. Please. This has been going on over 4 decades now in Rome. As much inside the ground as out. Yet bar a horrific assault on foreign soil leaving a 53-year-old man fighting for his life, and forcing the club/ authorities to actually box things off and protect visiting supporters yesterday, they've not struck a ****** bat through all that time. ****, there was still **** being lobbed over at the visiting support the ground last night.

Roma are as culpable as anyone and the only way to send the message that enough is MORE than enough would be to give them the hefty European ban they deserve.

Hope Gerrard is a success at Rangers as Celtic fans on social media have been getting pretty annoying lately, not sure how well he will do though he needs to have a good transfer window and get some good players in or else he will be in trouble. Also the environment within the team might not be great as their captain and a veteran striker were banned indefinitely, apparently for trying to physically attack Murty the old manager and there have been rumours of numerous bust ups between the players

Far more perturbed by the loss of one of the most respected youth coaches in the Country, Mick Beale, for the second time the last few years who's joining Steven in Glasgow. He's proven quality and a big loss. Steven's still at the embryonic stage in his coaching career and could go either way.

As regards Steven, all the best to him.

Even though I favour Rangers, and think you’re making a mad, no-win career move (Topple Celtic. It’s just the P poor SPL. Don’t, which will more than likely be the reality given Rangers are currently light years behind Celtic with no money to bridge that gap; you’re forever tarnished with failing in a sub-standard, currently 1 team league), I hope you make a success of it.

A little over a year into coaching and the first real gig is a club in a really bad way in the mad pressure cooker of Glasgow.

Massive gamble to me all things considered currently but all the best kid regardless.

Looks like Gerrard will be in for a slippery ride at Rangers, I personally think he is making a big mistake going there when he could have continued to learn under Klopp and got an offer from a more stable club.

Think it would help Gerrard a bit if Aberdeen stay ahead of Rangers, although they have to finish top 3 to get into Europe so that is also key, but if they finish behind Aberdeen then it almost gives him a bit more leeway as second is an improvement as opposed to what has already been achieved \.

It's a gamble but it shows the kind of character Gerrard is, he lives for high stakes

Didnt even catch the game but still ****** that were making it hard for ourselves to finish the job and secure that top 4.

Didnt even catch the game but still ****** that were making it hard for ourselves to finish the job and secure that top 4.

Irritating's the word. Can't be ****** at a team that's 1 game away from having the best season of any side in Europe this year.

Can look at it that way, but imagine the unthinkable which is dropping points to Brighton, Chelsea winning their remaining, and Liverpool losing to Real in the final.

No silverware, top 4 or Champions League next season, mental quickly how it'd turn into a failed season.

Can't see it though.

Frustrating game and Chelsea got a bit lucky with the deflection on the cross but we didn't create anything after going behind so can't really complain.

Hopefully we get the job done next week. Still in our hands and if I was offered this scenario in August last year, would have taken it without a doubt! Lets get behind them and make sure the team finishes the job at Anfield next week.

On a sidenote saw the El Classico last night and we definitely can in Kiev!

Back