The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
BREAKING: @RangersFC will complete the season-long loan signing of Liverpool youngster Ovie Ejaria later today, @SkySportsNews understands. He has also signed a new contract at Anfield. #SSN

I'd rather sign this Moses fella as an option on the wings than that Ompa Lompa as Scouse calls him. Shaqiri is the very Definition of a highlight player.

I’d personally rather not but if we did for buttons on top of Keita, Fabinho and Fekir you couldn’t argue with it.

£48.4 Mil plus a possible further £4.4 in bomus ..... Who said Aulas was tough to negotiate with?

Edwards is doing some superb business and we’re just into June.

Fabinho, Keita and Fekir bhind the best front three in Europe.

City. You’re on notice. You will have a challenge yet.

Can’t see anyone challenging City tbh. A brand new midfield will have to gel very very quick. Good signing not sure about him playing in CM but could work.

It’s about strength in depth mate. Not necessarily who’ll get dropped or not. Quality options we didn’t have last year when injuries caught up along with trying to mirror Europe up with a thread bare squad. The main reason Utd squeaked home in second. Whilst adding even more goals from midfield to turn more of those stubborn draws into wins.

I’ll lay good money from 3/4 games in L’pool will rotate heavily right through January to be fresh for the last third of the season.

That’s basically the Coutinho money on three top class players.

Edwards is killing this window.

Dont forget he can play as a false 9. So we can rest Firmino without a necessary drop in quality. I like Ings but he's not top 4 quality and Solanke is way to raw at the moment.

If you wanted d, he could fill in right across the front three. But then if we add Daddy what’s his name (God I want him just for the boss name!) and whomever else, let’s say the fat midget from Stoke for arguments sake, the depth will be there to rotate more with both Mo and Fekir as you note sound to relieve Bobby. (Still hoping for Pulisic but that might have to wait a summer.).

Big Virge started the next level of signings mate. We’re no longer F’ing around as Klopp continues to build and take this on season-on-season.

if Edwards manages to sort something with either Atletico or Roma ..... HELLO!

Last edited:
They do but you know the brilliant thing on that? Nobody’s that arsed given the brilliant season they’ve just come off and the trajectory the clubs on.

You’d think after losing the European Cup Final everyone would be down. Everyone certainly was in 2007 in Athens. That felt like the end of that side with uncertainty right through the club. But Kiev ..... it didn’t even take 24 hours for the disappointment to pass in Kiev. The feel good factor and pride in them the memories they’ve left us with with the sparkling football, down in the main to Klopp, just has everyone on a massive high not being able to wait until next season. The whole club is stable and in the best position it’s been the PL era. Where Athens and Milan was the end for that side, Kiev and Madrid is just the beginning for this group.

And just in case anyone was down and narking after Madrid (looking at YOU embarrassing dickheads on social media), they go announce the brilliant Fabinho steal within 48 hours of Madrid!

Last edited:
Just a keeper now, really. A bit of depth out wide would be good, but I think Wilson would do that to be honest.

Would prefer Wilson to be given a run out this season as a back up along with Origi.

Fabinho, Fekir, Keita, one of Alisson/Oblak and somehow, if somehow we get Lascelles in......

Would prefer Wilson to be given a run out this season as a back up along with Origi.

Fabinho, Fekir, Keita, one of Alisson/Oblak and somehow, if somehow we get Lascelles in......
Oblak in contract negotiations with a massive release clause installed. Looks like a shoot out between you and Madrid for Allison. Player wants Madrid.

Oblak in contract negotiations with a massive release clause installed. Looks like a shoot out between you and Madrid for Allison. Player wants Madrid.
Still think 80m for a keeper is absurd but Allison has come of the back of a Neuer/De Gea like season. Then again we've seen how important De gea has been over the years for United. Can Allison be our De gea?

Still think 80m for a keeper is absurd but Allison has come of the back of a Neuer/De Gea like season. Then again we've seen how important De gea has been over the years for United. Can Allison be our De gea?

Nothing in today's market is absurd.

Also, every goal saved is as important as every goal scored.

Like VVD, a solid keeper (personally would prefer Oblak but I'm no Klopp) will plug a gaping hole in this team.

Imagine a spine of Oblak, VVD, Fabinho, Fekir/Keita behind the front 3.

EDIT - Also please god no more signing a keeper from the bottom of the league to be the number 1. Made that mistake with Mignolet. In my opinion, a keeper facing 15 shots a game is going to look good when he saves a few of them.

Last edited:
Back