The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Good for Kenny, but I've never understood why do people put up with these silly honorary titles in XXI century. Especially when they come from a person who is just a figurehead for the government.

The one good thing commies did in Poland is disbanding all the aristocracy and lordships and all that medieval bullshit (although they've done that by shooting them, which was obviously less cool).

But then perhaps I just don't get British culture.

BREAKING: Liverpool are hesitating on a £53 million deal to sign Nabil Fekir from Lyon due to concerns over an underlying knee issue.

Huge difference between a match fitness assessment and a medical before spending millions on a player in a long-term deal. Can be passed fit to feature in games (no current problem) and still have an underlying issue that makes it very risky for a club to invest over years. https://

Via @MelissaReddy

BREAKING: Liverpool are hesitating on a £53 million deal to sign Nabil Fekir from Lyon due to concerns over an underlying knee issue.

Huge difference between a match fitness assessment and a medical before spending millions on a player in a long-term deal. Can be passed fit to feature in games (no current problem) and still have an underlying issue that makes it very risky for a club to invest over years. https://

Via @MelissaReddy

This looks absolutely ridiculous. Makes no sense as to how a player having played over 3,000 minutes of football last year has an issue serious enough to call of a transfer. Moreover, didn't James Pearce report that he passed his medical and any concerns over the knee were eased.

Just doesnt make any sense.

This looks absolutely ridiculous. Makes no sense as to how a player having played over 3,000 minutes of football last year has an issue serious enough to call of a transfer. Moreover, didn't James Pearce report that he passed his medical and any concerns over the knee were eased.

Mad club to deal with these aren’t they?

So many differing reports both here and in France.

I suspect it’s down to Lyons financial year and wanting it in those accounts. It’s done so just a matter of being patient .

Since 2015 he has missed nearly 300 days and 50 games through knee injuries.

He can be match fit for a while but if your going to invest 50 mil plus and 150k plus a week in wages your going to want to be pretty certain that he isn’t overly susceptible to ligament issues

Sensible to pull out if there's doubt. Why blow out 50m for Sturridge 2.0?

Sensible to pull out if there's doubt. Why blow out 50m for Sturridge 2.0?
Sounds like Hargreaves at Utd. Few knee injuries has a good season we but him has a great season helping us win the double then completely fecked after. Payed all that cash for 1 season.

James Pearce was clearly wrong. Fekir has had long standing knee issues.

Mad club to deal with these aren’t they?

So many differing reports both here and in France.

I suspect it’s down to Lyons financial year and wanting it in those accounts. It’s done so just a matter of being patient .

Its nothing to do with the club being odd. Loads of journalists heard a done deal and jumped to it to be first.

See in L,Equipe
It's been said that he follows a very adjusted training program at Lyon (lot less volume than everyone else) and has constant pain in his knee. With the emphasis the club has been putting on physicality and Klopp's reputation for high intensity training, that's probably where the disconnect is.

Who scored as many as Depay & Thauvin.

A lot of injuries can be played around, but bad knees for an offensive player are a death sentence. You can have a good season or two, but eventually you just lose the range of motion required to make quick turns. Just look at Ronaldo. Last time he even attempted to go past another player was 5 years ago.

The president of the French football federation has come out and said that Fekir had his medical at the French teams headquarters and he was given positive news. There's still some discussions on price.

To me it looks like the club are looking to renegotiate the price. Or rediscuss terms with fekir

FFF President Noël Le Graet on Nabil Fékir to Liverpool to Le Progrès: "I saw him this morning for 15 minutes. He's in the middle of negotiating, I think they will get it done... He was confident about it because the medical he underwent was positive."

I'd still take the risk, one of the brightest French talents and only 24. Although like others have said, how he will cope with Klopp's demands has yet to be seen.

But you would assume that they have taken all this into account, especially the medical team. Not just going to blow a load on a player who will be out for the majority of time.

Knee ligament injuries are a big risk as each time one occurs you become more likely to have another and so on. Especially with all the running and pressing that Klopp has them do in games and presumably training as well

I'd still take the risk, one of the brightest French talents and only 24. Although like others have said, how he will cope with Klopp's demands has yet to be seen.

But you would assume that they have taken all this into account, especially the medical team. Not just going to blow a load on a player who will be out for the majority of time.

I wouldn’t be too concerned over any health issues mate. It’s just natural speculation as both clubs have stopped briefing anyone the past 24 hours.

I’d guess it was more financial on Lyons end as to when to announce. We wouldn’t have done the interview and everything with him ready to go if there were any medical concerns.

Just a matter of patience.

Breaking | Lyon announce that Nabil Fékir is staying. More follows @L,Equipe

Lyon "delighted to be able to count on their captain" for next season but "reserves the right" to hear offers from other European sides "that interest Nabil & Lyon" - club statement.

Lyon "have definitively called off negotiations at 20:00 (French time) this evening with Liverpool" for Nabil Fékir - club statement

Last edited:
Back