The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I'd love Oblak too but Allison is more built for our system as a sweeper keeper. Edwards playing real life FM if he manages to pull off alisson. CB VVD and Lovren is as good as any in the league with Gomez as backup.

Would prefer Wilson to be given a run out this season as a back up along with Origi.

Fabinho, Fekir, Keita, one of Alisson/Oblak and somehow, if somehow we get Lascelles in......

Geez you take some pleasing mate haha.

I’d say it’s been a ****** awesome window to date with just the first three aside from anyone else coming. To get them so cheap and swiftly, with Keita and Fekir coming from clubs notoriously hard to negotiate with, just attests further to what a ****** good job Edwards and his team have done.

Joyce is mooting Wilson will get a real good look this summer to see just how he’s progressed for this staff so there is that. Origi I think is beyond hope. Since the blue **** did him, his confidence and promising career has totally gone. Germany hasn’t appeared to help much at all.

Last edited:
I think this genuinely is the first time in the PL era at L’pool where everyone at the football club, owners, WC manager on down, is geared toward going all out for domestic and European success.

For all our dominance the ‘70’s/ ‘80’s, we always knew if that mob down the other end of the East Lancs got it right on and off the pitch it would be game over. They did and then some with a WC manager backed to the hilt after first Edwards floating them and then the Glaziers carrying it on maximising their potential to th financial hilt.

Now, finally, we have owners doing the same. And they, just like ourselves fearing them getting it right through resting on our laurels through our success, know we’re every bit as big and if we ever got our house back in order again, are every bit as a threat to return to glory as they were whilst they rest on theirs.

Kiev feels like it’s just the beginning. What a time to be a red.

Lyon have just tweeted that the information regarding an arrangement between Lyon and Liverpool for Fekir is totally false.

What is happening now?

Lyon are a very strange club mayankv mate. And Aulas is just bat____ crazy.

if Joyce, Reddy and co are certain I wouldn’t be too worried. We know the player doesn’t want to play anywhere else anyway so it’s just a matter of time for it to be ‘official.’

Alas isnt crazy and Lyon are always clear with transfers because all French clubs have to be by league rules. It will almost certainly get done. But it clearly isn't. It's not Lyon being odd

The journos are all saying it because they were briefed yesterday. There was a 10:30pm embargo on the news

Raise you Cellino
I raise that giampaolo Zacherini the ex Palermo chairman who fired 40 managers in 15 years and rehired multiple managers most notably managing to hire 9 different managers in one season, twice reappointing managers he had sacked earlier on in the season, one was rehired just 24 days after leaving

God I’ve been honestly dreading this day ever coming.

Let me preface this by saying I love that man to bits. Not just for what he’s done on the pitch and as the manager of my team. But for the dignity, compassion and self sacrifice he displayed in this City's darkest hour in taking on the grief of all of us. Thriwing his door completely open to anyone that needed it to the point it eventually wore him that down his own health suffered and he had to walk away from the one thing he truly loved in this life outside of his faith and family. And he's continued to show that right to this day. The single greatest person this City's ever known IMHO. He may not strictly speaking be ‘from’ here. But he’s as much a part of the fabric of this great City as myself or anyone else that is. I couldn’t think of anyone better fitting to be called a ‘proper’ Scouser.

And Kenny being Kenny will now do the gracious, honourable thing and accept his Knighthood. Which is why I’ve been dreading this news ever coming given what he means to most every Liverpudlian. Red or blue.

This Knighthood just doesn’t sit right at all .....

He should have one. I can’t think of any living human more deserving. BUT I'd LOVE him to say 'Thanks but NO thanks. Yers can stick it where the sun doesn't shine!'

As Margaret Aspinall and Trevor Hicks should of done with their CBE ‘honour’ IMHO.

Bending down on one knee before the Queen after Her Majesty's Constabulary, Her Majesty's Coroners, Her Majesty's Judiciary et all, all participated in the single worst cover up in British history and many of whom benefited for the Establishment she's the figure head of that protected them ..... F that ____!

I appreciate not everyone will share the same view. Particularly when it comes to Kenny being SO deserving of recognition. But NOBODY here should be accepting ANY 'hollow' honours after what they've put this City through the last 29 years IMO. He has the only recognition and adulation he needs and so cherishes already. The one from us. The people of ‘his’ City to whom he’ll always be our King. Not one from the Establishment that’s caused us all SO much pain and suffering. Still. To this very day as I type.

But then that's just my opinion and I'm probably not the best to comment on this without emotion that’s still saw raw nearly 3 decades on.

Sorry.

I wasnt alive when King Kenny pulled us through our darkest times. But I've seen, read and absorbed all that has been out there to understand the enormity of the man.

Having said that, where I am from and the history of my country and family, a knighthood has no meaning for us. So if King Kenny is happy, I am happy. Thats all that really matters...

Back