The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Wouldn't disagree at all that a lot of people have messed up there but 'bullshit excuses' for what?

Wouldn't disagree at all that a lot of people have messed up there but 'bullshit excuses' for what?

As in dealing with concussion, not about the result. I know a few fans are clinging to it along that with that ridiculous petition but I'm not alluding to that

To whom did Karius say he had a blow to the head? To the ref right after it happened? Then it's a ref's job to call it a stop. And if he said it after the game then what does that have to do with the actions of medical team during the game?

Medical team are acting in a manner and within limits that are set by the rules in which football match is currently conducted. Trying to make them into a scapegoat is absolutely appalling.

To whom did Karius say he had a blow to the head? To the ref right after it happened? Then it's a ref's job to call it a stop. And if he said it after the game then what does that have to do with the actions of medical team during the game?

Medical team are acting in a manner and within limits that are set by the rules in which football match is currently conducted. Trying to make them into a scapegoat is absolutely appalling.

Signalled to ref and linesman. They can watch the game on the sidelines. They have specific feeds to watch games for injury. I know because the broadcaster are in charge of it. One way or another the medical failed to spot it. That's a failing. You can call it whatever you want, but they missed it. It doesn't matter who he's signalling to. The minute he pointed to his head They should have been on, that's their job. Doesn't matter if the ref didn't stop the game, they have the power to get the officials to stop the game

Last edited:
Don't get me started on that petition. Ridiculous doesn't begin to describe that. Totally the wrong platform for totally the wrong reason. That was just embarrassing.

I can only presume Karius was concussed but wasn't showing signs of being concussed when they got him in at half-time. But the delayed signs brought about him being sent the hospital last Thursday and all this now coming out. Often you don't know if you're concussed after a head injury and if others don't spot it then bad things can happen. So I don't blame him for not staying down. The officials/ medical team should have stopped the game there and then though to fully evaluate him even if they then, wrongly, cleared him to continue.

It's a far wider debate but I'm completely with you on the P poor attitude football continues to have toward concussions. Both at the time in diagnosing and getting them off the pitch and the protocol following and how quickly they're rushed back and allowed to play again. You're not just talking about players health here but potentially their life.

*Edit* Again, end of the game. Don’t know why I had HT on my mind last night. My bad sorry.

Last edited:
Don't get me started on that petition. Ridiculous doesn't begin to describe that. Totally the wrong platform for totally the wrong reason. That was just embarrassing.

I can only presume Karius was concussed but wasn't showing signs of being concussed when they got him in at half-time. But the delayed signs brought about him being sent the hospital last Thursday and all this now coming out. Often you don't know if you're concussed after a head injury and if others don't spot it then bad things can happen. So I don't blame him for not staying down. The officials/ medical team should have stopped the game there and then though to fully evaluate him even if they then, wrongly, cleared him to continue.

It's a far wider debate but I'm completely with you on the P poor attitude football continues to have toward concussions. Both at the time in diagnosing and getting them off the pitch and the protocol following and how quickly they're rushed back and allowed to play again. You're not just talking about players health here but potentially their life.
I can totally understand assessment not catching it. But no assessment is unacceptable. Ref also at fault here too.

FWIW, I watched Serbia- Chile early yesterday evening. Grujic looked like a dominant, ball winning midfield play maker. Winning it well. Spraying the ball about all over and supporting the attack intelligently. Could well be playing himself into game time this tournament.

Cardiff are making noises to take him on loan again next season BTW. Really do think you’re sleeping on this lad mate.

I can totally understand assessment not catching it. But no assessment is unacceptable. Ref also at fault here too.

As to the very pertinent, wider point of football, to its shameful detriment, continued lax attitude toward concussions, there's some great points made here from a Sports Science guy on the difference in how seriously rugby treats them:

https://twitter.com/Scienceofsport/status/1003861289200910336

You DON'T F around with head injuries!

Roma fined 50,000 Euros for behaviour of fans @LFC and not allowed to sell tickets for next Uefa away game, plus one other deferred.

Roma fined 50,000 Euros for behaviour of fans @LFC and not allowed to sell tickets for next Uefa away game, plus one other deferred.

Pathetic sanctioning from UEFA but at least they have done 'something' I suppose after saying they likely wouldn't.

Talking of 'pathetic', Ramos' unsurprising, scumbag response today:

De7wwEjXcAAvPzd.jpg:large

No mate. It's because you're a repeated underhand, snide, cheating ____ with absolutely no morals.

Yeah pretty poor fine tbh. But like you said better than naff all after that’s what looked like was gonna happen :/

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../liverpool-simon-moses-transfer-gent-14748525

Never heard of him but sound whilst we wait for the posturing to stop with Lyon. You can never have enough forward options.

Always loved Ferguson's mantra at Utd. Often they didn't need another forward but he'd invariably add one no matter how good the attack had been each summer. Never have enough goalscorers/ forward players.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../liverpool-simon-moses-transfer-gent-14748525

Never heard of him but sound whilst we wait for the posturing to stop with Lyon. You can never have enough forward options.

Always loved Ferguson's mantra at Utd. Often they didn't need another forward but he'd invariably add one no matter how good the attack had been each summer. Never have enough goalscorers/ forward players.
I really want Fekir though... Plus it will stop people bleating online about how we need a backup winger and a backup to Firmino. What winger or striker, unless he's a journeyman or a veteran, would want to play backup to the best front three in the world. Fekir is versatile enough to play as the second striker, on the wing and as one of the advanced midfielders. He really is a superstar in the making.

#LFC have interest in Moses Simon of Genk as they look to add options to attack.

Also in here, decisions to be made over a host of loan players. Including Kent, Ojo, Ejaria. Harry Wilson/Divock Origi likely to get chance to shine in pre-season.

I'd rather sign this Moses fella as an option on the wings than that Ompa Lompa as Scouse calls him. Shaqiri is the very Definition of a highlight player.

Back