The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
How is Fekir looking likely RMC radio said not long ago the opposite. Allison was good last season but absolute ***** in the CL. Could go either way for him tbh. Pool and Utd fans should know this most regarding GKs. But also can’t wait for the league to start!

There you’re talking *****. He was a major part in Roma reaching their first semi since ‘84. And statistically he was off the charts in Serie A.

If you don’t think Fekir is close then your burying your head in the sand to everything to the contrary.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/307441-rhian-brewster-liverpool-contract-signed

Great news in so far as tying down a real promising talent.

But I don’t know about him yanno?

Kid wants it all too soon and leaves you not entirely sure if he’s fully committed here?

Mate, yers barely turned 18! Bit of patience for a few years as you develop and then there’s every chance you’ll be a 10 year L’pool #9.

Look at what’s happening at this club under Klopp mate and don’t get too greedy, too soon or you’ll miss out on all that.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/307441-rhian-brewster-liverpool-contract-signed

Great news in so far as tying down a real promising talent.

But I don’t know about him yanno?

Kid wants it all too soon and leaves you not entirely sure if he’s fully committed here?

Mate, yers barely turned 18! Bit of patience for a few years as you develop and then there’s every chance you’ll be a 10 year L’pool #9.

Look at what’s happening at this club under Klopp mate and don’t get too greedy, too soon or you’ll miss out on all that.
Great news for us but not for Rhian imo. Any young English player in the premier league in general especially forward players is going to have a hard time breaking into the first team unless an injury occurs to a first-team player. It's just the nature of the beast that managers can barely plan for the long-term strategy in promoting youth when managers especially in the premier league most likely won't last the season. This is why you see German clubs who have DOF in place and can offer talented English youngsters a path to first-team football snapping up English youngsters. Speaking from his career point of view and taking off the LFC rose tinted glasses Rhian probably should have gone to Gladbach.

Great news for us but not for Rhian imo. Any young English player in the premier league in general especially forward players is going to have a hard time breaking into the first team unless an injury occurs to a first-team player. It's just the nature of the beast that managers can barely plan for the long-term strategy in promoting youth when managers especially in the premier league most likely won't last the season. This is why you see German clubs who have DOF in place and can offer talented English youngsters a path to first-team football snapping up English youngsters. Speaking from his career point of view and taking off the LFC rose tinted glasses Rhian probably should have gone to Gladbach.

Nature of the beast indeed with the mega money stakes in the PL.

Playing youngsters is easier said than done and I don’t envy managers trying to balance it out. For someone like Klopp who we know looks at things on a 3/5 year ahead period whilst balancing up the here and now it must do his head in not being able to commit to youth the extent he could in Germany where the stakes are far less.

Easier said than done mate getting kids the side.

The PL right now, you have what:

6 clubs going for the top 4 spots- Sidenote: ANYONE that try’s to dismiss ANY club finishing/ being happy with a top 4 finish now is living in a COMPLETELY different dimension to reality. 6 into 4 just doesn’t go. And with all 6 on a similar level, the competition to just finish in those 4 slots is as intense and difficult as it’s ever been. Naturally you want to finish top of the pile and be Champions. But it’s a great achievement now to make the CL’s slots and not be one of the 2 massive clubs (at least) missing out every year.

You’ve one, maybe 2 clubs that are neither going down nor threatening the big 6. So they can relax and be comfortable every year. The blue_____ being one.

And then you’ve the bottom 12 clubs all vying to stay in the league.

Which all makes EVERY game VITAL. So it’s real hard to go throw in unproven kids with such mega financial stakes at play. Why Wilson, a wonderful talent, isn’t making our squad again this year and has today gone out to Derby for the year. As talented as he is, you’re gonna’ go with the experienced lad more often than not when you can’t afford to drop any points.

Getting a PL club to agree to our stipulations of the percentage of games our loanees have to play is highly unlikely when it comes to an unproven lad as a knock-on. And flair, attacking players tend to get even less chance as you noted than say a tough tackling worker like Grujic would if he goes back to Cardiff as is expected.

Real tricky balancing act for these managers with so much financial pressure at stake to find much of any game time for youngsters.

How is Fekir looking likely RMC radio said not long ago the opposite. Allison was good last season but absolute ***** in the CL. Could go either way for him tbh. Pool and Utd fans should know this most regarding GKs. But also can’t wait for the league to start!
Usually, I would agree with you but Alisson performances over the whole season were De gea/Oblak etc... levels. He really was that good.

Usually, I would agree with you but Alisson performances over the whole season were De gea/Oblak etc... levels. He really was that good.
I never once said he wasn’t good. I just said he was poor in the CL compared to the league.
5 clean sheets in 12 I think conceding nearly 1.6 per game. Looked pretty ropy against You guys, Barca and Chelsea.

Last, missing piece mate.

The one Achilles heal we have. In nets. Add this fella, which only seems a matter of when the more is coming out (or he could surprise us and plump for Europa League football at a club being ripped apart like ;) ), boxing off the back end with what we do the other end ..... HELLO!

I never once said he wasn’t good. I just said he was poor in the CL compared to the league.
5 clean sheets in 12 I think conceding nearly 1.6 per game. Looked pretty ropy against You guys, Barca and Chelsea.

Thats not taking into account the batshit crazy high line, no defence Roma employed in Barcelona and worse, against L’pool. Even those 7 he wasn’t at fault for. One dallying on the ball and getting robbed by Mo out in Rome and then dragging him down in a mad moment aside, he didn’t play bad those games to be honest.

So Madrid are looking at Hazard and Courtois combined for what Phil went for?

Michael Edwards. Absolute living LEG-END!

So Madrid are looking at Hazard and Courtois combined for what Phil went for?

Michael Edwards. Absolute living LEG-END!

Coutinho had a long contract. Hazard and Courtois end next summer. Not the same comparison at all

Re: Allison, he'd be the 4th best keeper in the league, 3Rd when Courtois goes. Beating Lloris by being more consistent. And less error prone

Coutinho had a long contract. Hazard and Courtois end next summer. Not the same comparison at all

Re: Allison, he'd be the 4th best keeper in the league, 3Rd when Courtois goes. Beating Lloris by being more consistent. And less error prone
The Courtois whos had a poor season by his standards minus the world cup. I'll give you De Gea obviously but im scratching my head who the 2nd is. I hope you dont think its Ederson because apart from distribution the rest of his game is average at best.

Is that still a thing? Honestly thought he’d finally scored early last year.

My mistake.

Defo one to avoid in anyone’s initial FF line-up then huh?

Yeah think he hit the woodwork and forced some great saves last August and then scored for England vs Malta on the 1st of September so I think its still going on but I could have missed a goal

The way Edwards has shown himself to be a hard nosed negotiater since he’s been in the gig I’ll lay good money Hazard wouldn’t be going anywhere near as low as is being quoted. L’pool now deal on their terms. Nobody elses.

Or that Phil would have gone for so much had he been at most other clubs.

I wouldn’t want to rank Alisson among the PL’s ‘keepers. I just know the ridiculous year he’s come off, and the way Brazilians add he was that dominating back home, on this trajectory he’s everything to be ‘L’pools’ de Gea. And that point swing safety net, with van Dijk, Fabinho and Keitas work in front, allied to the front 5/6 the other end is a frightening prospect for everyone else.

ninjaskill;[/COLOR said:
3168708]Yeah think he hit the woodwork and forced some great saves last August and then scored for England vs Malta on the 1st of September so I think its still going on but I could have missed a goal

No. I think you’re right. Just one of those mad stats.

With him surely not starting the season, or at least not being anywhere near proper ready if he does, then that could well extend again as you noted.

The Courtois whos had a poor season by his standards minus the world cup. I'll give you De Gea obviously but im scratching my head who the 2nd is. I hope you dont think its Ederson because apart from distribution the rest of his game is average at best.

Honesly not got the Ederson thing either. I mean he looked sound under no pressure. But he looked BANG average every game against City’s nemesis, ourselves, when he was put under serious pressure. Same the second half Utd when they had a real go. But many teams just go out to nullify and not put him under pressure as you noted over the page so he looks great with his feet. Only de Gea, and last season aside Courtois, are the real top bracket standouts the PL. The rest are much of a muchness.

As seems to go with City at the minute, as brilliant as they were last year, there’s a lot of hypoberly goes around individuals. £terlings another. He’s the same, highly talented prospect he was at r’s who still makes P poor decisions and can’t score for S a lot of the time. **** knows how he started every game for England this summer. As much as he scored what he did last year in a side making chances for fun, he missed as many again. This assertion of great improvement under Pep ..... Just don’t see much difference to how he was with us. He was the same 13/14 when he was at his peak at Anfield. A highly talented, unfulfilled, very frustrating prospect. And this is 4 years on.

Sterling*

You seem so hard pinched on him being bad and inconstant.
You can have so much luck in the game, but that does not take you into territory by winning the league by this margin. You up your team so much, even when we havent seen the band playing together in PL. And in the other end you dismiss City doing. You hyperbole (if i even understand this fancy word correctly) Liverpool the same way and even more the new signings that have or not happened. City has proven players in their rank and proven they can play amazing footy just like Pool.

We all know your front trio is amazing and you are bolstering the depth. But Fabinho and Keita are unknown quantity in PL. They can be amazing together or they they might never suit playing together.
About Allison, **** I remember you (pretty sure it was you, might be someone else) smashing City buying Brazil GK, as no good GK come out from South-America. At look at you, maybe going for another records getting Brazil GK :). But if he is worth it in Klopp mind, then go for it. Not many worldly GK pop up currently.

And last note on Sterling. Cant score them all, all playeres miss silly changes, but improved player he is. If coming from 84 shots 13 goals to 96 shots and 26 goals is not improvement.
View attachment 44510

Just so everyone knows, this is nothing new for Scouse, he's always thinking it's Liverpool's year and going to win the treble before season starts!

As the season goes on it turns into denial, the second stage of grief when realises it will not be their year. Then by the end of the season it turns into the third stage of grief, acceptance.

Just ride with the wave folks.....................

Last edited:

A lot of effort there mate considering I’ve never dismissed City and got into some heated discussion on here last year as the year rolled in saying they were having the best PL season ever which for misconstrued into them being the best ever PL team.

Strange but each to their own.

Are you still at BT out of interest mate? If you are, and if you by chance have any contact with James Horncastle, thank him for an excellent 20 minute TAW listen he did yesterday evening talking about Alisson and Roma.

Just wetted the appetite even more.

Courtois has Ben consistently better than Allison for some time. Allison has only recently had this one fantastic season. Ederson has a strong all around game. Like Allison has had for Roma during the season.

Back