The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Scous how would u feel about Navas? If there is mayor changes in real and they get new nr1, other than that it will never happen.

Uhmm, I can answer that two ways.

A reactionary fan response would be ‘Defo, get him signed ASAP!’ given most anyone right now is a better option than Karius who’s head has well and truly gone.

But then you step back and look at it more objectively and for the money it’d take, I’d pass. Just don’t see him as that significant an upgrade for the cost. Better? No question. But significantly, top bracket better? Not IMHO. And that’s what’s needed. A proper, top bracket fix to this once and for all. I’d personally sit pat and give Ward, who’s by no means the answer, his chance than just buy a good goalie for the sake of needing one but not the right goalie yanno?

But hey, IIRC, he was one Goal’s Neil Jones was saying we had zero interest in the other week (Butland, Cillessen <Sp?>, the Lazio lad, a few others being linked were also rubished) so it’s not really worth a discussion.

They’re set on one of the big two you could realistically get so it’s a case of waiting for them to finally make their move.

Last edited:
FINALLY out of the coma he’s been in since the attack:

Séan *** recovering in Beaumont Hospital | Electric.ie

That’s the best possible news of the weekend and puts EVERYTHING back into perspective.

Navas would be Bravo 2.0. Too old to adapt to the premier league and always has a shocking mistake in him. Would pass. Like Scouse said unless we can get a keeper who is significantly better than what we have then theres no point in replacing Karius. If that means waiting like we did with VVD then so be it.

All this Allison talk I am sure is not doing him a lot of good either. I think Karius is done as a PL GK. Need to get someone between the posts that will put you in the area of Man City next season.

Funny that Man City keep missing transfer targets but are still the favorite to repeat EPL glory.

If I were to guess I’d say they test Lyon and Roma hard, who both appear ready to negotiate and sell, for Fekir and Alisson before the windows out.

But that’s an educated guess and nothing more.

Fun last few few weeks of an already proper boss L’pool transfer window regardless.

All this Allison talk I am sure is not doing him a lot of good either. I think Karius is done as a PL GK. Need to get someone between the posts that will put you in the area of Man City next season.

Funny that Man City keep missing transfer targets but are still the favorite to repeat EPL glory.

Allison is on his way out, he was always so, it's just a matter of who. With Madrid turning negotiations down to chase Courtois, it's a straight chase between Liverpool and Chelsea, with Liverpool currently winning

I wouldn’t like to admit that either ToD If Utd had the best attack in Europe, went and added two top drawer midfielders, are about to add a 20-goal-a-season midfielder. All after only needing a top drawer goalkeeper to the first XI from what was missing last year to start with.

Alisson makes a one-horse-race into a two.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t like to admit that either ToD If Utd had the best attack in Europe, went and added two drop midfielders, are about to add a 20-goal-a-season midfielder after only needing a top drawer goalkeeper to the first XI from what was missing last year to start with.

If the GK signs then Liverpool have had a really strong window (on paper at least)

But City smashed the league last year and scored 20 odd more goals than you. Remains to be seen if it was a freak super season but I still see City adding to their team well.

I hope you do challenge them but everything needs to fit pretty quickly to catch up the the standard City were last year

I wouldn’t like to admit that either ToD If Utd had the best attack in Europe, went and added two drop midfielders, are about to add a 20-goal-a-season midfielder after only needing a top drawer goalkeeper to the first XI from what was missing last year to start with.

I'd hardly call Fekir a 20 goal a season midfielder if he's only done it once as a pro. Also a big call your making ruling out the rest of the top sides from a title run.

If the GK signs then Liverpool have had a really strong window (on paper at least)

But City smashed the league last year and scored 20 odd more goals than you. Remains to be seen if it was a freak super season but I still see City adding to their team well.

I hope you do challenge them but everything needs to fit pretty quickly to catch up the the standard City were last year

Exactly. It's pretty silly tbh to start saying who is going to be up against who right now. Window isn't closed and the league isn't won on paper

Exactly. It's pretty silly tbh to start saying who is going to be up against who right now. Window isn't closed and the league isn't won on paper

Just made me wonder what the difference in the table looked like last year, just had a look.

33 goal difference between City and Liverpool, that's a **** of a margin (and Liverpool were the closest in those terms! *edit, joint difference with United)

25 point gap is also huge.

As a passive watcher I'd love the other sides step up. Everything clicked for City last year and now they will be adding names and should have Gundogan and Mendy back from injury, they could play big roles. Oh and Laporte from the start of the season too

Last edited:
I'd hardly call Fekir a 20 goal a season midfielder if he's only done it once as a pro. Also a big call your making ruling out the rest of the top sides from a title run.

But he’s had that season. Very few if any midfielders doing that now. Forgot Shaqiri in that mix too.

Well, Chelsea and Arsenal I’d rule out right off the bat. Arsenal are shopping at the Europe League level. Chelsea are just beyond baffling waiting to change the manager until after pre-seasons started. A little over three weeks to try get his philosophy across before they start? A philosophy that’s the polar opposite to the last fella and is gona’ take a good whiles regardless to start kicking in. Before you even get to the key players that may well leave. And unless your fella’ changes his outlook I don’t see Utd as any serious threat. Which is to his detriment as he has the players to be doing what L’pool and City are doing. But let’s leave that there as it always ends in bad words whenever he’s questioned from some and we don’t need that again.

Whilst we’ve just come off a CL Final, setting records all over in a CL season, being the one team City can’t go head-to-head against.

Last edited:
Just realised I neglected Tottenham but then they’ve never been a threat and never will be.

Good luck to them with their opening sides with all the players they have who won’t be ready after going so deep the WC.

Last edited:
Just realised I neglected Tottenham but then they’ve never been a threat and never will be.

Good luck to them with their opening sides with all the players they have who won’t be ready after going so deep the WC.
Yeah the WC will make it hard for Kane to try and score his first August goal

Yeah the WC will make it hard for Kane to try and score his first August goal

Is that still a thing? Honestly thought he’d finally scored early last year.

My mistake.

Defo one to avoid in anyone’s initial FF line-up then huh?

City will win the league unless the rest of the league understand that lying down before the game has started is not a viable strategy in beating a Pep team that can be got at defensively.

With Alisson just a matter of time, and Fekir looking highly likely, this is unequivocally our best ever window. Since there’s been ‘windows.’

Two of the big three, Firmino and Salah boxed off with 5 year extensions. With Sadio sat with a contract on the table.

Bonafied, top drawer DM finally added early in Fabinho. To go along with one of the most highly coveted and unique alround midfield talents in World football. Naby.

More quality, experienced, difference making talent Shaqiri swooped up in an absolute no-brainier buttons steal.

Now the only Achilles heal of this team FINALLY addressed in a de Gea difference maker between the sticks. SO good was his season in Rome last year.

And a top class midfield/ attacking talent looking highly likely to follow.

With nobody significant lost.

Statement and a half sent out.

But as this is still the internet, an obligitary ‘FSG OUT!’ These Yanks don’t have a clue!

Weat Ham can’t come quick enough. It’s gonna’ be one **** of a fun ride again next year home and abroad.

​​​​​​​

With Alisson just a matter of time, and Fekir looking highly likely, this is unequivocally our best ever window. Since there’s been ‘windows.’

Two of the big three, Firmino and Salah boxed off with 5 year extensions. With Sadio sat with a contract on the table.

Bonafied, top drawer DM finally added early in Fabinho. To go along with one of the most highly coveted and unique alround midfield talents in World football. Naby.

More quality, experienced, difference making talent Shaqiri swooped up in an absolute no-brainier buttons steal.

Now the only Achilles heal of this team FINALLY addressed in a de Gea difference maker between the sticks. SO good was his season in Rome last year.

And a top class midfield/ attacking talent looking highly likely to follow.

With nobody significant lost.

Statement and a half sent out.

But as this is still the internet, an obligitary ‘FSG OUT!’ These Yanks don’t have a clue!

Weat Ham can’t come quick enough. It’s gonna’ be one **** of a fun ride again next year home and abroad.

​​​​​​​
How is Fekir looking likely RMC radio said not long ago the opposite. Allison was good last season but absolute ***** in the CL. Could go either way for him tbh. Pool and Utd fans should know this most regarding GKs. But also can’t wait for the league to start!

Back