The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Ederson's great. People say the same thing re; Neuer and Buffon. Because they play for such a dominating team apparently you can't judge their GK because they win and dominate most of their matches etc. It's unfair and dismisses the GK, Ederson is fantastic. His shaky moments came against us last season, but he wouldn't be the first GK to get shaky hands when he plays us at Anfield.

When I've seen Alisson he's never been amazing, however I haven't seen him loads, maybe 8 times tops. I now trust Klopp/Edwards et al, and it's clear this is who they want, and it appears he wants us.

A lot of effort there mate considering I’ve never dismissed City and got into some heated discussion on here last year as the year rolled in saying they were having the best PL season ever which for misconstrued into them being the best ever PL team.

Strange but each to their own.

I know you have.
But can you please explain your meaning here:
As seems to go with City at the minute, as brilliant as they were last year, there’s a lot of hypoberly goes around individuals.

As English is not my first language i might miss understand, but i understand that they are overhyped and also previously you stated that Ederson is just average player.

Ederson's great. People say the same thing re; Neuer and Buffon. Because they play for such a dominating team apparently you can't judge their GK because they win and dominate most of their matches etc. It's unfair and dismisses the GK, Ederson is fantastic. His shaky moments came against us last season, but he wouldn't be the first GK to get shaky hands when he plays us at Anfield.

When I've seen Alisson he's never been amazing, however I haven't seen him loads, maybe 8 times tops. I now trust Klopp/Edwards et al, and it's clear this is who they want, and it appears he wants us.

Bingo, this is my point. If you're going to hold the city games against Ederson, then you can't dismiss Allison's struggles in the CL.

We aren’t F around. Edwards moves swiftly again. World record fee for a goalie agreed with Roma:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/1019531444803264512

Agreed, but absolutely no deal. Roma making the point that Liverpool can now officially speak to the player, but anyone else is free to make a bid. Edwards not moving that swiftly on this tbf. Allison has been availiable for months. Madrid pulled out 3 weeks ago to chase Courtois on the cheap. 75m euros was always the price. If anything, Chelsea are being slow

Yeah, I know that obviously. But every indication is he wants to come here so I’m taking that as a mere formality. They must have that feeling from his reps to bid so high the first place.

Yeah, I know that obviously. But every indication is he wants to come here so I’m taking that as a mere formality. They must have that feeling from his reps to bid so high the first place.

Every indication is what he wanted to go Madrid too. They bid high because that is what Roma demanded, and they wouldn't even negotiate that with Madrid.

Well yeah, when Madrid were interested.

Niw they aren’t which apparently didn’t sit too well with him and his camp.

Well yeah, when Madrid were interested.

Niw they aren’t which apparently didn’t sit too well with him and his camp.

Not sure that's ever been reported as being true. Either way, he's as likely to go whichever top level club agrees with Roma and offers him the best deal and right playing level. If Courtois wasn't so cheap, We'd be seeing him at Madrid. Not that Liverpool will care if they finish the deal

If he seriously thought a club being decimated of its players, under new management, and playing in the Europa League as you are suggesting is a better option than he’d be welcome to it.

As it is, everything is pointing to that not being the case out of Italy and Brazil so I’m sound with it being done.

Someone we started on back in December and first bid for January. Just the fee that’s been the stumbling block with Monchi talking 80 plus million through the WC. The same with Madrid. This make-up is obviously the perfect compromise for both clubs. So yeah. I’d say over the last 24 hours Edwards has made his move very swiftly. As they put out their they would on all their remaining targets as soon as the WC was over.

Last edited:
Both Romano and Di Marzio have it done! Terms agreed with club and player.

Medical Sat’day.

TOWN! For LIFE!

See aren't I a blessing? While the stove is cold I strike the ZZ curse and boom, GK delivered. :)

Rodgers - "Bogdan will push Mignolet for number 1 spot". 2015.

*Shudders. Meecifully he’s finally gone with this year long loan seeing our that brain dead 5 year contract.

Changed times mate. Right through the football club. With Fekir, you’re looking at a starting XI as good as anything the entire league. Arguably the best out there. The top bracket quality added this summer ...... SERIOUS European players again mate. Now onto the next level.

They’re no longer F around!

Ox to miss most of the season. It's absolutely depressing news...

Yeah, been mooting that on here for a few months. Been rumours circulating that he’d done both the ACL and MCL. They confirmed that?

Honestly not as down over it as I wasn’r really expecting to see him this year. But he’s young enough so let him take all the time he needs and come back all guns blazing in 2019. Be like a completely new addition to the squad all over again.

Gutting for Alex as he was really coming into his own since all the Arsenal bad habits had been ironed out and was looking like the vibrant talent he was when he first broke through. But we’ll be sound with Naby, Big Shaq and Fekir the mix this year mate.

Don’t be too down mate. We just bagged a World record, top echelon goalie for the first time since probably Brucie Grobbelaar!

Gutting for Alex as he was really coming into his own since all the Arsenal bad habits had been ironed out and was looking like the vibrant talent he was when he first broke through.

This is exactly what happened to Alex at arsenal. Looks like he is finally developing into the player he could be, bad injury, out for x amount of months, takes a while to find his feet again, begins to play well, then big injury again. The only bad habit he picked up at arsenal was picking up injuries.

Back