The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
This is exactly what happened to Alex at arsenal. Looks like he is finally developing into the player he could be, bad injury, out for x amount of months, takes a while to find his feet again, begins to play well, then big injury again. The only bad habit he picked up at arsenal was picking up injuries.

In all fairness, maybe Liverpool are managing his knees better and are ensuring a repeat does not happen again. Something maybe Arsenal should have done with a whole lot of their players...

Klopps statement clearly says that for what we are trying to achieve here and the long term interests of the player. So yeah, why rush the player. He is young and will have ample amount of time to establish himself.

Not buying that our window is done. (Not that you could blame them if it was after a £180/90 million outlay.).

He wants the playmaker.

Last edited:
The Alisson effect has started .....

£12 million for a long distant 3rd, now 4th choice ‘keeper?

Be WELL happy with that:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...iverpool-goalkeeper-danny-ward-talks-14927699

More super work from Edwards if that gets over the line.

All three of Mignolet, Karius and Ward need moving on so Danny is as good a start as any.

Couldn’t dislodge either Karius or Mignolet last season. To press hasn’t been able to dislodge the absolutely woeful Hennessy for Wales who’s well arguably worse than our two.

Klopp and the staff see him everyday and there’s been rumours about his weight issues for a while so maybe that leads into a commitment/ attitude question? I don’t know but I do know being third choice to Mignolet and Karius says it all.

Good luck with your future career Danny.

But no great loss at all as far as L’pool are concerned.

Thank you @Alissonbecker and good luck with your new adventure
1f9e4.png

IMHO, as a match goer since 1980, the single most important signing, after his manager, this football club has made in the PL era. Over a quarter of a Century. First time since Brucie Grobbelaar we've had a World Class security blanket.

The biggest Achilles heal on this team, that’s been holding them back for decades, fixed! And fixed with the very best they could have got.

Town. Like FOREVER!

IMHO, as a match goer since 1980, the single most important signing, after his manager, this football club has made in the PL era. Over a quarter of a Century. First time since Brucie Grobbelaar we've had a World Class security blanket.

The biggest Achilles heal on this team, that’s been holding them back for decades, fixed! And fixed with the very best they could have got.

Town. Like FOREVER!
I know your reaching grandpa years but im sure Reina hasn't left your memory mate.

Reina was nowhere near World Class when we picked him up from Villarreal d. And he took a few years adapting before he became really good. Sidenote- He’ll always be soured for me the disgraceful last season and his P poor attitude as soon as Rafa left. The open letter bollocks was the final nail.

This lad is genuine top bracket quality.

I know your reaching grandpa years but im sure Reina hasn't left your memory mate.

Yeah. Allison hasn't reached Reina at his best. He's also only done it for one season. Reina did it for several

Oh yeah, almost forgot .....

2 World records smashed in two straight windows?!!!! WTF are the Yanks thinking throwing money around like that. They’re gonna bankrupt us! (Saving the agenda boys on SM the time.).

FSG OUT!!!!!

What a boss first interview BTW.

Love the way he was blown away the atmosphere experiencing Anfield in all her glory under the European lights last April.

You’re welcome mate. Now you’re part of the family, we do it for you!

How did Reina took years to adapt, when won the golden glove in his first 3 seasons? And those 3 are still some of the highest clean sheets per season in Premier League history.

How did Reina took years to adapt, when won the golden glove in his first 3 seasons? And those 3 are still some of the highest clean sheets per season in Premier League history.

Couldn’t catch **** the air those first two years. A staple in England. He was dominated the box.

But L’pool under Rafa and his uber defensive ‘we start with a point, the least we can do is finish with one! Anything else is a bonus!’ philosophy even Scott ****** Carson looked solid!

Last edited:
Couldn’t catch **** the air those first two years. A staple in England. He was dominated the box.

But L’pool under Rafa and his uber defensive ‘we start with a point, the least we can do is finish with one! Anything else is a bonus!’ philosophy even Scott ****** Carson looked solid!

You implying thats challenging, the man has been runner up in such prestigious trophies as the Turkish cup and the community shield as a starter

In all the mad excitement of Alisson last night, I forgot we’d rounded out the 4 domestic friendlies with a 2-0 workout at Blackburn before the next step up and the flight to America today.

Really hope Rafa Camacho, Jones and Phillips come to that make the plane for the States to go alongside Woodburn. All have had 4 fine halves the domestic friendlies. Ojo, good outing at Tranmere aside, Chirivella and Kent not so much.

Origi continues to seriously underwhelm. Lad has everything to be the indentikit modern day forward. The physical size. Pace. Technique. Two good feet. Aerial ability. But uses none of it. Since the blue ____house did him his confidence has just gone to ____ and not returned. Solanke struggling all 4 games against the level of opponent he’s faced is disconcerting too. Daniel being fit and looking like the top drawer Sturridge we know his ridiculous talent would have him at if he was healthy couldn’t be happening at a better time. But I’m still not allowing myself to fall into that trap with him as we know his body is made of glass and he’s just one training session from going down. Let alone actual game. Sighs.

Nice to see Karius looking confident last night and just doing his job without concern. Hopefully the weight of the top spot off his shoulders will help him massively in his recovery rebuilding his naturally kettled head.

Clyne and Lallana probably been the players of the first 4 games for me along with Jones. Like having 2 completely new, quality signings. People seem to of forgotten just how good and integral both were to the side in their abscence. Lallana in particular. What a dream of a talented footballer he is. So effortless but so classy with it.

Would have been nice to see Joe inside alongside big Virge Blackburn. As good as he was again RB. But positional needs must and all that with the depleted group and switched teams per half. Now they’ll all be playing longer minutes the States I’m sure we’ll get to see that.

Nothing needs adding on Fabinho and Naby. We know they’re both top echelon. The PL will wish they’d never seen Keita. Constant pest who just never stops. Both ends the park. Unique talent. And Fabinho just oozes tactical nounce and elegance.

And what the heck got into Ladzar last night? If he worked as hard as that day-to-day he’d be a key member the squad. But sadly he never has and isn’t. Another in a long line of frustrating as all heck modern day footballers who flutter away their talent but end up set for life out of the game.

Moreno’s still _____. But that one is what it is for another year of Lewis and co’s development. I’ll give Matip a pass for looking as poor as he normally does the first two down to being out so long. But he needs to pick it up massively if he’s to partner big Virge early.

Mo, Sadio, Big Shaq and Grujic all back in work today for the flight to the States so the grouos getting stronger all the time. Should be good for a first outing Utd a week Sat’day in what’s looking like a record ever attendance for a L’pool game. Envious of our American friends and lads who’ve gone over getting to be a part of Liverpool history like that.

Last edited:

Really don't get why people are rewriting history. Reina was a world class keeper at liverpool, for better and longer than Allison has achieved in his entire career

Back