The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Ironically, after posting about Kiev up the page and our unique fan culture, there’s another absolutely cringe worthy gem from City who have none after the embarrassment of last years CL quarter:
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/manches...ticket-holders-ahead-of-the-new-season-191008

If being Champions of England turns you into a complete laughing stock like Chelsea and City make of their support (those few who actually go) I’m glad we aren’t.
Awwh let the poor Citeh fans have their bit of fun after all once the oil money runs out they will be back to being a yoyo club once again. :D

Poor Karius. Not having a good time at the moment! I personally think we should loan him back to Germany for the season as somewhere he can be #1 in the hope it brings him back some confidence.

It’s got to that stage where his situation is completely untenable here. I thought Blackburn he was looking like a weight had been lifted but then he follows it with two more basic errors he’d never do if his head wasn’t completely and utterly kettled. Which then leads to all the low life bellends abusing the **** out of him anonymously all over Social Media again leading to Casilles impassioned defence of a human being and Karius’ heartfelt Instagram response.

Personally, I’d play one or both of Grabara and Kelleher the remaining games the States whilst results don’t matter and take him completely out of the limelight. He’s patently suffering terribly here dealing with all the **** thrown his way on top of everything else.

As for the game, save for the ridiculous late defensive collapse and amateur American officiating (Pulisic knocks the ball too long, dives into Klavan, and gets a penalty for that? Seriously?); I enjoyed that. Particularly second half. Lots of positives to take in what should have been a comfortable win. Among a few negatives. (Origi and Solanke continuing to play themselves out of the club this pre-season the glaring ones.).

Personally, I’d play one or both of Grabara and Kelleher the remaining games the States whilst results don’t matter and take him completely out of the limelight. He’s patently suffering terribly here dealing with all the **** thrown his way on top of everything else.

Grabara is a smug little **** with a big mouth. Good personality type for a goalkeeper to be fair. Bt you don't want him dealing with haters on social media either.

Do tell us more r mate the Big Pole.

Sounds interesting and you have a story there on r goalie the Big Pole.

Aside from having to break up the night and get up dead early, really looking forward to the City game tonight. And my eye to the bunkum that it ‘doesn’t matter’ with players missing both sides and it just being ‘a pre-season exhibition’- When the top two sides the league and title favourites meet, off the back of City getting a complete **** kicking Europe, it MATTERS. Chance to lay down an early marker for either side.

On the getting up at silly o’clock thing, that’s what I love about these tours. Giving our phenomenal World wide support who make that sacrifice and dedication week in, week out a chance to do what those of us within the City take for granted. A chance to see the mighty Reds live and in person. The passion in Charlotte was just mad. 1,500 singing and dancing along to Webster the Boss Night gig. (BIG kudos to L’pool, as in Kiev, for organising that and giving the support a superb evening back.) The TAW gig sold out and rocking. Everything you heard, read and saw was downtown Charlotte becoming the centre of the Liverpool Universe for a few days with most every place wall-to-wall red. And then 55 thousand or so tipping up the game Sunday. Compare that to City’s opener the ICC against Dortmund that didn’t even make the Chicago papers.

Same as in Australia, the Far East, or whatever that summers money spinner is, the ridiculous passion and support those Country’s never fails to blow you away and remind you that there’s no bigger football club on the planet. Which after nigh on 3 decades without the title continues to pleasantly surprise you.

Last edited:
Aside from having to break up the night and get up dead early, really looking forward to the City game tonight. And my eye to the bunkum that it ‘doesn’t matter’ with players missing both sides and it just a pre-season exhibition- When the top two sides the league and title favourites meet, off the back of City getting a complete **** kicking Europe, it MATTERS. Just to lay down an early marker for either side.

On the getting up at silly o,clock thing, that’s what I love about these tours. Giving our phenomenal World wide support who make that sacrifice and dedication week in, week out a chance to do what those of us within the City take for granted. A chance to see the mighty Reds live and in person. The passion in Charlotte was just mad. 1,500 or singing and dancing along to Webster the Boss Night gig. (BIG kudos to L’pool, as in Kiev, for organising that and giving the support a superb evening back.) The TAW gig sold out and rocking. Everything you heard, read and saw was downtown Charlotte becoming the centre of the Liverpool Universe for a few days with most every place wall-to-wall red. And then 55 thousand or so tipping up the game Sunday. Compare that to City’s opener the ICC against Dortmund that didn’t even make the Chicago papers.

Same as in Australia, the Far East, or whatever that summers money spinner is, the ridiculous passion and support those Country’s never fails to blow you away and remind you that there’s no bigger football club on the planet. Which after nigh on 3 decades without the title continues to pleasantly surprise you.
Is the City v Pool game on tv Scouse?

Is the City v Pool game on tv Scouse?

Yeah. God, uhmmm, Premier Sports? 412 Sky. 500 something Virgin. I think it’s free but you’d have to check. They have all our US games live and delayed coverage of City and Utd’s.

Or there’s the club channel but that’s a subscription obviously.

Kicks at 1 AM here anyway.

Yeah. God, uhmmm, Premier Sports? 412 Sky. 500 something Virgin. I think it’s free but you’d have to check. They have all our US games live and delayed coverage of City and Utd’s.

Or there’s the club channel but that’s a subscription obviously.

Kicks at 1 AM here anyway.
Cheers mate. Will record it. Can’t stop up for that then go straight into the Utd Milan game then straight to work lol.

Christ Jurgen mate let it go! By trying to do the right thing you’re doing totally the WRONG one by Karius.

This is just cruel and absolutely needless to keep wheeling him out there. The lads mentally broken and it’s heart wrenching seeing him dismantle in front of our very eyes.

Let a lad like Grabara play who needs it and who’d enjoy it. Not a lad with a completely kettled head who’s patently getting no pleasure from being in the public spotlight at all right now.

We have our goalie now. This torture on Karius is completely needless and not warranted.

Can’t get behind that at all.

Luckily Karius played well. Leroy Sane running past VVD like he was standing still, OTOH.

You’re definition of ‘played well’ differs from mine. Getting away with a parry straight back the middle of the goal to the City fella’ who should have scored isn’t my idea of ‘playing well.’

Anyway ..... 52 seconds in and he’s right back at it! Mo Salah laaaaaa!

That is all. Sleep is needed.

I did miss part of the 1st half and the score was 0-0 when Karius came off so I assumed he did not do something stupid. Man City were pretty much in control of this match until the inexperienced City back line did not get the memo that offside was not going to be called against Salah. It was all Liverpool after that.

Do tell us more r mate the Big Pole.

Sounds interesting and you have a story there on r goalie the Big Pole.

From what I've seen of Grabara on social media, he's basically Bendtner of goalkeeping. You want your goalkeeper to be cocky, but kid is taking it too far. Even got in a Twitter fight with Boniek himself.

Obviously for now it's self-contained to social media in Poland, but if he ever gets close to the first team you're gonna have a problem if he doesn't get some media training and/or a boot up his *** from Klopp.

I refuse to watch or get hyped over any pre season performance. Not after Voronin looking like the best thing since slice bread during one pre season yonks ago.

From what I've seen of Grabara on social media, he's basically Bendtner of goalkeeping. You want your goalkeeper to be cocky, but kid is taking it too far. Even got in a Twitter fight with Boniek himself.

Obviously for now it's self-contained to social media in Poland, but if he ever gets close to the first team you're gonna have a problem if he doesn't get some media training and/or a boot up his *** from Klopp.

Interesting. Ta. Not heard of a hint of any problem with him but still, appeciated.

Easy money.
€50 down @9/2 for the title.

I'll donate the €275 win to charity.

Tell yer what, as you like a bet, see what you can get on Mo bagging similar to last year.

Absolutely no reason why he wouldn’t. He’s looking and carrying himself every bit like what he now is. One of the best players in the World. It’s Ronaldo like that he goes onto the park knowing what everyone watching and his opponents know. He’s the best player out there. City was mid-season February, March form. Straight out of the gate after a week back in pre-season following on from the Ramos assault. What genuine super stars do.

Now the back end is boxed off securely and Nabby’s vision has been added, I just don’t see anything out there that can stop Salah repeating similar #’s going forward.

Got 22/1 on Salah top scorer and Liverpool for the title.
Can't say no to that.

Back