The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Discussing Alisson at lunch today ..... To not have to discuss the goalie situation. To not have the media bring it up every verse end. To not have opposition fans nark on it continually and skit yer. To no longer be worried at all that mistakes are gonna happen back there .....

How ****** brilliant is that?

Like a MASSIVE weight lifted off everyone. Fan, player and manager alike

Sod it, whilst we’re partying, let’s not leave z out and his brilliant reverse jinxing.

Hail the z man!

Yanno that Utd game next Sat’day Ann Arbor is gutting me. That’s fixing to be the biggest recorded attendance L’pool have ever played in front of. Be boss to say you was a part of that history.

Sod it, whilst we’re partying, let’s not leave z out and his brilliant reverse jinxing.

Hail the z man!

Spank you very much, can't say I'm as happy as you are (for obvious reasons), but I am happy that Karius will now have a chance to recover in a more effective manner.

There's no way that the CL final will not stay with him, forever probably but in the short-term he needs time to recover and not have so much pressure where literally one mistake in a competitive game he will be crucified.

Christ! Edwards is quicker than **** off a stick these deals. I can’t keep up!

Ward gone. £12.5 million and a 20% sell-on. Stupendous for a 3rd/ now 4thchoice 3 game in 6 years nobody.

Finish yer holiday hey big Si? You’re needed to add to the exodus.

Spank you very much, can't say I'm as happy as you are (for obvious reasons), but I am happy that Karius will now have a chance to recover in a more effective manner.

There's no way that the CL final will not stay with him, forever probably but in the short-term he needs time to recover and not have so much pressure where literally one mistake in a competitive game he will be crucified.

Very magnanimous and caring of you Sir. Person first. Player second. Many of us could learn from that.

Still think he’d be better served being loaned completely out of England to sort his head out. But then for what it’s worth, for the first time this pre-season he looked relaxed and confident last night just doing solid goalie things. It’s a start. Maybe the weight of not being the number 1 and all the scrutiny has been lifted off his shoulders and he can now set around rebuilding himself in the background.

And working daily with Alisson should rub off on him too.

You are ____ing me?!!!!!

OMG thats well mad! Lol. I thought 99 was the maximum? Triple digits? Christ, the mind boggles.

99 is the max in literally every other league I think. But in Mexico if you start the season in the reserves your number will be 200 and something and if you start in the U-20's it will be 300 and something so that no number is used twice across all their teams as it isn't allowed. If you then get called up to the first team you can't change your number after the season kicks off so you get things like this

View attachment 44314
Incidentally I would imagine number 292 coming on for number 316 would have to be close to the highest combined number in a substitution of all time. The highest number I've ever seen in Mexico was a player being number 396.

Big Shaq. 8 Goals. 7 Assits. £13.5 million.

Richarlison. 5 Goals. 4 Assits. £50 million.

The Ev. A continued source of boss hilarity to Liverpudlians everywhere since 1878.

Easy money.
€50 down @9/2 for the title.

I'll donate the €275 win to charity.

Couldn’t catch **** the air those first two years. A staple in England. He was dominated the box.

But L’pool under Rafa and his uber defensive ‘we start with a point, the least we can do is finish with one! Anything else is a bonus!’ philosophy even Scott ****** Carson looked solid!

Come on mate, selling Reina way too short. Not only he was phenomenal stopper, his distribution was excellent in an era when most goalkeepers could only boot it long in random direction.

Easy money.
€50 down @9/2 for the title.

I'll donate the €275 win to charity.

We’re primed to give City a **** of a run for their money that’s for sure.

Presume they’re still the favs?

If that where to come off, give it Sean’s family. He’ll probably be still recovering. Long, slow road ahead . But at least he’s awake and starting out on it.

All the way from L’pool to Kiev on a BUS. Christ, It was long enough the plane with the night in Gdańsk, Poland breaking it up. Things you do for the Reds haha.

Great fan culture video:

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S30pNokcMOk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Said it on these here pages at the time, absolutely the single best UEFA Final experience I’ve ever had Kiev. And I’ve been exceptionally fortunate to see the Reds in person 7 of rhem. (5 European Cup/ CL finals. 2 UEFA/ Europa League finals.). The Ukrainian people could not have been more welcoming, friendly and helpful. Just so appreciative you’d taken the time to come their City. The polar opposite of Russians. Can’t recommend Kiev enough as a boss, ridiculously cheap, holiday break.

The day the final Shevchenko Park (around a half hour in the video) will live with yer forever. The place was just rammed with Reds. Banners strewn across trees. Pyro being dropped all over. Everyone chilling under the baking hot sun. Literally just like one big festival. Bring yer own ale so there’s bottles of this and bottles of that being passed around between lads who didn’t know each other. Just one massive party like only L’pool fans do that the Ukrainian people loved as much as we did. Then to get the ground and have this mad, mini rave going on with the pyro and flares when Dua Lipa came out just topped it off.

Awesome few days and that whole video of those lads epic trip just encomoasss what being a Liverpudlian is and following these lads around Europe is all about. Experiencing new places and cultures. Having a boss time eating boss scran drinking great ale with yer mates regardless of the result and creating stories that last a life time.

Lose the biggest game on the planet but everyone was just so proud of getting there and the awesome journey around Europe all season in so doing, culminating in a fantastic experience Kiev, nobody was really that down and narked at all. Disappointed. But that was never going to spoil the end of a brilliant trip.

Scouse. It’s a way of life.

Up the Dua Lipa Reds!

Klopp there after the open training session in Charlotte, NC, taking the players up into the stand hugging, laughing and joking with the support.

You just couldn’t imagine any other manager swerving the security to do that and give our American friends that moment and memory they’ll never forget. What it’s ALL about.

Absolutely different class that fella’.

Ironically, after posting about Kiev up the page and our unique fan culture, there’s another absolutely cringe worthy gem from City who have none after the embarrassment of last years CL quarter:
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/manches...ticket-holders-ahead-of-the-new-season-191008

If being Champions of England turns you into a complete laughing stock like Chelsea and City make of their support (those few who actually go) I’m glad we aren’t.

Poor Karius. Not having a good time at the moment! I personally think we should loan him back to Germany for the season as somewhere he can be #1 in the hope it brings him back some confidence.

Karius's situation kind of makes me think of young Cristiano. Bloke is 24, already a millionaire and could easily become a male model with that chiseled jaw, if he didn't go into football. Basically he's a walking salt generator.

I'm not making excuses for ******** online, but he needs to work on becoming more relatable to people, else he's always going to catch disproportionate amount of heat after a mistake.

Back