The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Honestly, outside of Pulisic, your guess is as good as mine z. Wouldn’t like to even speculate as there’s just no creadible link to anyone since the Fekir medical prognosis killed that. They’re getting real good at acting like a proper big club acts with lies and deception in the high stakes, smoke and mirrors transfer game so it might just be keeping everyone on their toes. Honestly have no idea.

Hopefully there’s a few permy outgoings rather than loans with a view to buying.

What channel is the game on tonight Scouse?

I know there is little impetus on these things but... Moreno as captain made my head explode.

I have no idea why but I thought all this time the game playing tonight was a 3rd round CL first leg playoff. Think I'm going senile in my old age when I realised it was a friendly.

Great end to a special pre-season, on and off the pitch, that’s seen the football club re-enter the real big time and rediscover a connection with its fan base, that started the European run last year, that’s been as boss to see as anything. From the superb BOSS Nights abroad they’ve laid on, through the American experience that took over everywhere and the brilliant fan days Dublin and last night. The ridiculous amount of money raised thousands of miles away from normal folk for food banks in Liverpool. Brining the local community into the equation through the ‘Reds Neighbours’ initiative, and all points in between, the football club has really embraced their ‘This means more’ mantra and really starred to listen and reconnect with the support and our unique fan culture. Everyone on the same page and having a ****** good time at every turn on this journey back up the mountain.

And the single best window we’ve had since windows became a thing.

There’s no definitive starting XI to this side now. You can have legit arguments over who should be at RB? Who should partner big Virge? Who should make up the midfield 3? Should Big Shaq start?

That’s what proper big clubs have. Top quality options across the board. We got to the biggest game in football last year with 12 fit players. The sky’s now the limit with the quality depth and ridiculous options to call on game-by-game.

Throw in a togetherness within the group and a connection between manager, players and fans I’ve never known in almost 4 decades going the match unlike anything else going on the PL .... The unique power of this football club when all those three, Shanks ‘Holy Trinity’, align as one .....

This is fixing to be a real special season where NOTHING should be out of this gang of Reds reach.

Is it Sunday already?

Great to have both had a plan and executed it early to now be sat back, feet up, watching those that did’nt panic and over pay the last day.

Windiws like this I can get used to. :)

Record breaking, glorious summer.

First 23’s game the season and there’s a pitch inspection down to the heavy rain in Brighton.

Yup. Mother Nature knows football must be back.

******** move by Lovren there to not tell the club about his injury. Could've started his rehabilitation after the world cup final but has now left us short on senior CB options.

******** move by Lovren there to not tell the club about his injury. Could've started his rehabilitation after the world cup final but has now left us short on senior CB options.

Have no fear mate. It now gives ‘The Man, The Myth, The Living LEG-END Joe MF Gomez’ a head starr in nailing down a partnership with big Virge!

Counting down the hours until tomorrow dinner. Can’t remember the last time there was not just this much excitement about the whole football club from top to bottom but genuine, realistic hopes going into a season to end the title drought. And the real boss thing is I don’t know anyone that doesn’t think we won’t be going dead deep in Europe again alongside giving City a serious run for their money. Not an either/ or scenario. There’s now a genuine belief we’ll be fighting for both majors.

Fixing to be a special, special season mate.

Up the Rocky Balboa Reds!

The only problem is Joe is becoming a bit injury prone as he along with Matip (remember him) face a late fitness test. Klopp won't stand for what Lovren has done (If its true and the club really didn't know) as I remember Sakho done the same thing and was frozen out for a while before his general idiot like behavior got too much and he was turfed out.

Always drop Fabinho back there like but Joe should be sound. He was only held out Tuesday as it didn’t matter for a bit of tightness.

Yeah, Degsy is a silly boy if these Croatia claims are true. Klopp didn’t memtion any of that yesterday in another madly hilarious presser that just went off in all sorts of weird directions. Imagine he’ll be fuming with him in private if he has been withholding this.

Up the ‘Italian Stallion’ Reds!

DkO8CI7XoAAQM5D

Maybe with West Ham in town we can nick ‘ADRIANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN’ for ressi ‘keeper?

Last edited:
Liverpool better not be Rocky Balboa. No English club (I suspect worldwide but am not going to do the research) has spent more on players than Liverpool over the last two transfer windows. Net spending even taking in account the Coutinho sale, Liverpool is outspending the Premier League. Cannot be considered underdogs anymore and better be favorites for every trophy.

Well, considering we have made a loss for Christ knows how many windows and have only spent on real quality to improve the first XI, the spending thing being thrown around is as amusing as it’s ridiculous.

No pressure here for silverware mate. His jobs guaranteed regardless the last 3/4 years of his contract bar an bsolute disaster like not making Europe at all. As much as we have everything to be challenging for everything, so long as we kick-on and make progress, like he has every season to date, and we continue to have mad fun doing it the game, everyone will be happy. (The mad World of L’pool twitter aside.). Trophy’s are around the corner. But for bad luck he’d have 3 on the board already. They’ll come in time which makes the journey all the more enjoyable building up to that point.

Personally looking to push on toward the 90 point mark and a serious tilt at being in Madrid come May for a shot at bother Euro big one. If City go drop more, the fair F’s to them. 25 points is a big swing regardless to pull back. You can only do your thing and improve year-on-year. Do I think we can win the league? Most definitely. This group should be
in contention for everything. But the season won’t be determined by winning the league. The same way we had a superb party Kiev a few months back that carried on the Sunday and Monday after losing the biggest game of all. We do things
differently and these lads are giving us one **** of an exhilarating ride regardless of the final outcome.

Continued progress and having as much fun the match as most any set of fans out there.

Can’t ask for much more than that.

Last edited:
BS, and stop playing the underdog role. You are legitimate contenders.

Last edited:
Back