The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Ragnar to Italy it seems.

Very happy for him if that’s confirmed by this tea-time.

The manager and club doing right by a top pro, who deserves to be playing regularly as he sees out his career, by letting him go cheaply. Nice new life experience too being in Sardinia which is gorgeous and completely diferent from the mainland.

Sorry to lose his reliable experience from the back end of the CH depth and no less out of the changies. And really appreciate all he’s given. Been a real valuable addition as we’ve built and progressed the last three years. But made up for Ragnar and wish him nothing but the best going forward.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...helsea-15040937.amp?__twitter_impression=true

More posting that for the video than the top youth steal.

Mad crowd and pyro at an U-17’s game ..... Crazy Dutch haha.

There was discussion about this somewhere else and with I agree a bit, not only about Pool but there has been others also. It is no way in disrespect etc, can be amazing in future.

If you are top prospect in Ajax you stay there. They are the best giving youth a change and everybody sees you there. They can mold you into something others cant. Cant understand being a 16 years prospect in Ajax and thinking that PL team will be better hope. Think the biggest factor is here the money.
These huge prospect deals have been before and hope to get out from there is very slim.

Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis calling for UEFA to investigate 'relationship' between Liverpool & Roma:

"I've always suspected that the real owner of Liverpool is also that of Rome."

Wtf is he on about haha. If he meant Southampton he might have a slight point XD

He’d be doing well Bujakaa considering we have a youth cap and pay the minimum on a lads first pro contract. Let alone before that.

Last edited:
He’d be doing well Bujakaa considering we have a youth cap and pay the minimum on a lads first pro contract. Let alone before that.
Given Ajax only started paying 16 year olds about 5 years ago I’d guess whatever Liverpool offer will be a decent pay raise

Given Ajax only started paying 16 year olds about 5 years ago I’d guess whatever Liverpool offer will be a decent pay raise

A big step up in club with a glowing, recent example of a kid who wasn’t dropped for a more senior player come the biggest game of all, the European Cup Final, as to the open first team pathway if you work hard enough coupled with ability under this fella’.

Not much more selling point needed than that. And if they want more than that too soon, monetary or otherwise, the club looks elsewhere. All part of the complete restructuring of the Academy a couple of years ago under Inglethorpe.

There was a great Mel Reddy piece with Rhian Brewster a few weeks backs that would worry the living P out of me if I were a Chelsea executive as to why he left there and came here. First team opportunitys here that he just couldn’t see there.

I’ll post it when I’m home as it’s a real good read on a dead sensible young English lad regardless.

Having the last game is just the worst. Killing time all weekend. Ugh!

And ta to the ____houses at Sky for picking Palace of all ****** games. Worst ground of just about any to get to in Croydon which might as well be in Brighton. On a Monday night. Appreciated as always from the lads without whom you’d have no F live product.

Didn’t realise Vardy got a straight red today until MOTD.

Bonus to not have to face him before the break.

Just curious, is it because the trains cannot handle the traffic from Victoria station?

Selhurst? Just a massive pain in the *** to get to whatever way you do it stuck as far out as it is. Driving in is an absolute nightmare and takes forever. Then you can’t park anywhere when you finally get there And the train is messing around with the tube over to Victoria and then the half hour over ground or whatever it is to Norwood Junction or one of the others. Then there’s the problem with volume as you mentioned and never enough trains laid on so if you’re not sharp and straight off getting out and back the station handy you can be waiting ages for the next one. Which on a Monday night makes it nigh on impossible to get home with the last train back to L’pool just after 9 and Manchester 11. Which you’ve no hope of making unless you do an early dart.

So an overnight is the realistic option at more expense.

P poor scheduling as always from the TV company’s but when did they care about the paying supporter?

That, coupled with the carnage getting in every year and more and more pubs round there getting arsey and going ‘home fans only’ make it one of my least favourite grounds to visit and why I’m swerving it on a Monday night for all the reasons mentioned.

Thanks for the response and sorry things are so inhospitable to visiting fans. Not happy about a Monday match either but for other reasons. Good luck Monday.

FINALLY the long weekend wait to see this exhilarating gang of Reds is over!

Palace are a good side (albeit managed by an archaic dinosaur and the worst manager we’ve ever had the displeasure of knowing. But at least there’s no surprises there and you know exactly how he’ll set up and what he’ll do); that should comfortably be mid-table this year. Don’t foresee any relegation issues for them this season. And in Zaha I personally think they have the best player the league outside the top 6 sides. I think he’ll have his best goal output yet this season. Love to watch him play football. Real exciting guy.

That said, this is a top notch L’pool side that barely got out of third gear last week and still walloped West Ham 4. And now they’ve another tough 8 days work together in them.

As always, respect Palace and match them for effort but absolutely nottin to fear going down there.

2/ 3 goal win to the mighty Reds to keep pace with City.

Did Gary Neville just stop short of tipping L’pool for the league there? I should watch MNF more often haha.

Hmmm will have to see that again. Looks like a very harsh pen to give.

Hmmm will have to see that again. Looks like a very harsh pen to give.

Imo, was it a penalty? Yes. Was it soft? Yes. Would I be aggrieved if it wasnt given? No.

I can 100% see why it was given, but Salah made a bit of a meal of it.

Back