The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I hate that term ‘soft’ penalty. Fouls a foul. Clear cut penalty. My simple rule of thumb is would you be disappointed the other way? No is the answer and you’d now be castigating either Gomez or van Dijk. Sakho being Sakho. Another reason why he’s now at Palace and not still at Anfield. The big clumsy, divvy.

Well deserved lead Redmen. Keep working. There’s more goals in this.

Great 3 points Selhurst park is such an intimidating ground and Palace will not lose many at home. Alisson god **** his distribution is magnificent pinging balls straight to feet. Van Dijk headed everything away and Gomez also had a solid game. Salah seems so goal hungry he needs to calm down, still he was involved with most of our chances. Great sub from Klopp to bring on the captain to just calm us down and control the tempo. Now I know how United fans feel with De Gea in goal.

Joe Gomez, VVD, Wijnaldum and Alisson were absolutely immense. Superb 3 points.

Joe Gomez, VVD, Wijnaldum and Alisson were absolutely immense. Superb 3 points.

Give a shout out to the young Palace lad who walked too. Super player. Love his backstory from being a winger who only stepped in at FB in training through an injury crisis and was the only Palace player that Zaha couldn’t get the better of. Shows that he’s a converted womger too not only in his rapid pace but in him looking to go forward every time he gets the ball. Solid defensively too. Terrific prospect.

Give a shout out to the young Palace lad who walked too. Super player. Love his backstory from being a winger who only stepped in at FB in training through an injury crisis and was the only Palace player that Zaha couldn’t get the better of. Shows that he’s a converted womger too not only in his rapid pace but in him looking to go forward every time he gets the ball. Solid defensively too. Terrific prospect.
Another young player only getting a chance due to an injury crisis. Hmmmm seems familiar...

Scous could u share some info on how hard it would be to get tickets from outside England to Anfield? Also range of prices? Any direction where to get more info can also be shared ;)

Seeing very cheap flight tickets start of October and would come for City vs Pool game.
And would it be achievable to make back to Luton airport before morning?

Last edited:
Christ. I’d be struggling to sort you out for City at home. There’s a very distinct possibility by far and away the two best sides the league will be going into the game with, or as near as **** it, 100% records. EVERYONE will want to be at that one!

Sidenote: Unfortunataly for you it’s at Anfield and not the Ethiad or else you could have walked in. Probably with a free plazzi flag to take home as a souvenir. But I digress .....

Your best bet would through the secondary market and hope to get one cheaper. There’s always someone like the club’s own extortion ..... uhmmm, ‘travel partner’ Thomas Crook but that would cost you an arm and a leg.

Face value prices would cost you between £37 and £59. https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/match-day-premier-league-prices

You could get back to Luton Parkway sound. (Station before the airport. Then a short shuttle bus to the terminal.)

There’s trains that would get in 11:40 PM/ 1:32 AM/ 6:45/ 7:04/ 8:12 onwards. But right now they’d probably run you more than the flight. Seriously! Welcome to travelling around the UK. But they do reduce around 12 weeks of the date of travel. And often massively if you’re on the ball. And splitting tickets from one station to the next, even if you aren’t getting off, can be a big saving.

Or there’s a coach that would L’pool at 1145 PM and get you to the airport for 4:55 AM. A heck of a lot cheaper, if more inconvenient, than the train.

You’re basically looking at just about the toughest game of the entire PL season anywhere to get tickets for. I’d gladly help out if I could but spares for that one I can say with confidence right now just won’t be knocking around.

If anyone missed it the other day, Mo Salah is the first ever PL player to make the final three for the UEFA Men’s Player of the Year.

Hes up against Modric and Ronaldo. Winner announced the group stage draw a week Thursday.

Thanks for the response and sorry things are so inhospitable to visiting fans. Not happy about a Monday match either but for other reasons. Good luck Monday.

Just a few lines to say good game, your ******* manager aside, and I have no doubt you’re in for a real good season the quality of players at Palace now.

Yeah, the game didn’t go how you wanted but it was more a ‘free hit’ playing against this L’pool side that is fast approaching City levels. The progress and development season-on-season under Klopp has been massive and it’s now been taken on another level this year. The unwavering belief and confidence they have, which has been there from day 1 pre-season .....You’d think they won the European Cup not lost it! And there’s a real substance about this team now to go along with how great they are styalisitcaly. So no shame at all in losing at home to that gang of Reds.

But man, if you keep up that level of commitment to go along with the talent there won’t be many teams, the obvious caveat of City aside, that will get much of anything at Selhurst. The only player that looks out of place is Benteke. Which seems more and more is just a massive crisis of confidence as he has the talent to be a **** good centre forward. And the oerfect partner for the wonderful Zaha. Looking at this group, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see you pushing for the Europa place. Which for Palace would be Disneyland awesome. And if you could go at City again and maybe take something off them along the way it’d be appreciated .....

As for Hodgson ..... Beyond cringe the way he’s still carrying on over the officiating. Thats as clear cut as it could be. Sakho swipes at him 3 ****** times to finally impede him. Just as Mo’s trying to shoot. Where he’s getting off claiming the complete opposite ..... As embarrassing as most anything he said at Anfield. And he said some of the most embarrassing things we’ve ever had the musfortune of suffering through so that’s quite impressive. Absolutely mad that he or anyone else is even trying to make a debate out of it.

Again, good game. We won’t have much harder worked tasks all year.

Good luck the rest of the season. Except the return at Anfield. ;)

Just a few lines to say good game, your ******* manager aside, and I have no doubt you’re in for a real good season the quality of players at Palace now.

Yeah, the game didn’t go how you wanted but it was more a ‘free hit’ playing against this L’pool side that is fast approaching City levels. The progress and development season-on-season under Klopp has been massive and it’s now been taken on another level this year. The unwavering belief and confidence they have, which has been there from day 1 pre-season .....You’d think they won the European Cup not lost it! And there’s a real substance about this team now to go along with how great they are styalisitcaly. So no shame at all in losing at home to that gang of Reds.

But man, if you keep up that level of commitment to go along with the talent there won’t be many teams, the obvious caveat of City aside, that will get much of anything at Selhurst. The only player that looks out of place is Benteke. Which seems more and more is just a massive crisis of confidence as he has the talent to be a **** good centre forward. And the oerfect partner for the wonderful Zaha. Looking at this group, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see you pushing for the Europa place. Which for Palace would be Disneyland awesome. And if you could go at City again and maybe take something off them along the way it’d be appreciated .....

As for Hodgson ..... Beyond cringe the way he’s still carrying on over the officiating. Thats as clear cut as it could be. Sakho swipes at him 3 ****** times to finally impede him. Just as Mo’s trying to shoot. Where he’s getting off claiming the complete opposite ..... As embarrassing as most anything he said at Anfield. And he said some of the most embarrassing things we’ve ever had the musfortune of suffering through so that’s quite impressive. Absolutely mad that he or anyone else is even trying to make a debate out of it.

Again, good game. We won’t have much harder worked tasks all year.

Good luck the rest of the season. Except the return at Anfield. ;)

Thanks for the words of good fortune. I did not see any of the match and barely any match highlights. Not even the penalty call or red card:@. From what I have read it sounded like Sakho and the defense was excellent except for two moments of brain dead decision making. The second goal is understandable when pushing everyone forward trying to get a goal a man down. We fought to the end and the support was excellent (so I heard)!

Benteke does not fit in how the team plays. He needs to come off the bench for United when they are chasing a goal:S. Not for a club that plays crosses to feet to players that can perform some magic.

I am concerned about the future of the management of the club. Is there a transition plan? I hope we have started searching and courting the next manager of the club. Something Dortmund did with Klopp would be great. Someone that can step in and take control of a top 10 Premier League club and make them better.

Last edited:
Scouse I assumed it would be that much hassle to get tickets for that game. Most waited PL game in Anfield, it will be crazy there. Unfortunatly we dont have any official Pool fanclubs also here in Estonia that could help buying tickets. + the quick run for flight after match is also bit bad, would love to hit the bars etc.

Thanks for info.

City blink first. Never expected that bonus so early.

6 games they dropped points in last year. SIX. Maybe what? Add another 2/3 tops on to that? Still need to be running at close to 100% right through. Just nice to have every chance of going the International break leading them.

Belter start to the day.

Last edited:
City blink first. Never expected that bonus so early.

6 games they dropped points in last year. SIX. Maybe what? Add another 2/3 tops on to that? Still need to be running at close to 100% right through. Just nice to have every chance of going the International break leading them.

Belter start to the day.
Wouldn't you know it a team finally decides to play football against City and they drop points? Has the rest of the league seen sense finally.

Klopp going Mourinho/Mkhitaryan on Fabinho lol.
He did the same with Robbo and Ox who was absolutely woeful in his first couple of games. It takes time to get used to the system we play.

Was he as off the pace/average pre-season as I've been told? I know Scouse said he looked good, but suppose it's nice to get a few views.

Back