The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Was he as off the pace/average pre-season as I've been told? I know Scouse said he looked good, but suppose it's nice to get a few views.
Yeah he did look slightly off the pace during the one game I watched him during the preseason but Scouse will have a better outlook on that than me as I think he saw most of the preseason games.

In past seasons. Liverpool draw or lose that game. Attack was off the pace today. Defence exactly the opposite... Mane had a terrible game. Special praise for Milner and Gomez. 3 points and that's all that matters. On to the next one

Klopp going Mourinho/Mkhitaryan on Fabinho lol.

In Fabinho’s words, it’s transitioning from being all his time at Monaco with 2 deep to now 1 at best. Along with learning the intricacies of our system as dilakh mentioned. He’s sound with not being involved as he doesn’t feel anywhere near tactically ready so the shinny new toy can wait until he gets up to speed.

With the mad I ntensity of our pre-season, and him selecting the same side the opening 3, with only Keita new to it, that, along with Fabinho not being up to speed yet all plays into what they’d indentified as it being vitally important to win the first 4 games going into the first International break and not be off the pace crashing City like last year.

Best side possible to give us the best possible chance to win all 4 before the heavy rotation starts with Europe.

‘L’pool, Top the League; L’pool, L’pool Top the League.’

The pace setting Reds.

That is all.

Ok. Now the 32 teams for this years Champions League are known:-

Dear Football Gods,

if you could see to it all the aways will be the 6PM kick-offs and have us avoid Juventus/ Napoli, Donetsk/ Lokomotiv and Belgrade it would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Jurgens travelling Red Army.

PS. If you could also see to it we draw either Accrington, Oxford, Brentford or Wycombe away the League Cup for a new ground I’d be massively grateful of that too ta. ;)

Gutted to dip out of pot 2 as there’s some absolutey fabulous, close trips in pot 3. But the flipside of staying in pot 3 is it halves the chances of a Moscow side so there is that.

Ideal scenario. (Teams in order of preference):

Boss Trips.

Pot 1. Bayern/ Atletico/ Real/ Barcelona.
Pot 2. Porto/ Dortmund.
Pot 4. Plzen/ Bruges/ Young Boys/ Galatasaray/ Hoffenheim.

’Meh’ trips.

Pot 1. PSG.
Pot 2. Roma.
Pot 4. Inter/ AEK.

Absolutely horrendous, ***** trips.

Pot 1. Lokomotiv Moscow/ Juventus.
Pot 2. Donetsk/ Napoli.
Pot 3. Red Star Belgrade.

Personal dream draw: Bayern, Porto, Plzen. (Plzen could well be moody but man would it be brilliantly messy, cheap carnage haha.).

Roll on tomorrow tea-time and the best date in the football calendar .....

Holiday Lottery Day!

Last edited:
Shame that Ajax and Pool cant happen. Would be amazing games for the fans.

Shame that Ajax and Pool cant happen. Would be amazing games for the fans.

Conjures up a proper massive UEFA game that doesn’t it? 5 times winners verses 4 times winners. Great to see Ajax the groups. Not been the case anywhere near enough the last 20 years or so.

Benfica went and messed everything up last night!

Pot 3’s full of brilliant, easy to get to trips. And then to really compound things, Salzburg went and blew a 2 goal lead against Red Star and bounced Valencia up to pot 3 as well. Idiots!!!!!

Would have been well happy with Amsterdam but not to be sadly.

Absolutely horrendous draw.

Hoolie group and then some. They’ll be casualties Belgrade. Naples is a nightmare the best of times. Even more so after what went down the last time the Europa. And the same Paris after the **** the ‘97 Cup Winners Cup semi.

Not worried at all on the pitch. PSG and Napoli will be dreading facing this gang of Reds. But off it you couldn’t of hand picked worse trips.

Nailed on we’ll get Millwall away now the League Cup later just to add to a horrendous evening.

Cant afford to slip up in any home game now.

Among the english clubs, spurs have the worst group, city the easiest. Not too upset with our draw, then again I watch the games at home at 2 am.

Yous lot seen the video of Ramos brushing Mo's shoulder. Gotta give it to the guy he plays the Villian role to perfection.

Don’t even joke about that despicable POS d. He’ll get his on the pitch when we hopefully pull them the knockouts.

At least the LC throws up the only good news out of a horrible night.

I was honestly expecting Millwall away after getting such a hoolie group in Europe. But Chelsea at home will do just sound.

Being at Anfield should be more than enough there if it weren’t for the fact Mignolet will probably be in nets which is a complete leveller.

Don’t even joke about that despicable POS d. He’ll get his on the pitch when we hopefully pull them the knockouts.

At least the LC throws up the only good news out of a horrible night.

I was honestly expecting Millwall away after getting such a hoolie group in Europe. But Chelsea at home will do just sound.

Being at Anfield should be more than enough there if it weren’t for the fact Mignolet will probably be in nets which is a complete leveller.
Ahh **** completely forgot he was here until he started complaining to the media again that he deserves to be a starter. An obligatory reminder that we have had Mingo in the net for more than 5 years now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQRd1OtWP5E

Red Star were pretty good back then. I assume you were at the game Scouse lol.

Haha. I doubt I was even allowed up to listen to the radio at that age!

I was at the next game we lost at home in Europe after that though ..... 42 games and 19 years later! 2-1 to Genoa in ‘92 the UEFA Cup quarters.

Now THAT’S a home advantage and then some!

Fair to say we're going to see the best (PSG) and second best (Liverpool) attacking 3's in world football go head-to-head? MSN gone, Madrid's BBC gone, can't see anyone that contends.

Fair to say we're going to see the best (PSG) and second best (Liverpool) attacking 3's in world football go head-to-head? MSN gone, Madrid's BBC gone, can't see anyone that contends.

Mouth watering prospect. Alisson couldn’t have been signed at a more crucial time.

Bonus both Buffon and Varratti are suspended for the first game MD1. Although it’s a real shame Buffon has this three game ban as there’s not gonna be many more chances we’ll get to see him on the highest stage.

Back