The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I've seen Napoli fans crying because Alisson always turns into a freak against them apparently, ala De Gea with you lot.

From what I heard Scouse played with young Stanley Matthews.

Had to add the ‘young.’ ******! XD

Joking aside, I do know someone that played with him at Blackpool. Mentioning it because, as Jerry tells it, the ONLY time they EVER saw a ball that wasn’t a medicine ball was on a Saturday. All week was basically spent running up and down the sand dunes on the beach. Season in. Season out. And Matthews was as awesome with a ball at his feet as what he was.

Staggering when you stop and think about it.

Changed times indeed.

So pleasing the mad depth we now have when you can rotate a £52 million, highly sought after midfielder for someone as experienced and versed in what we run for a tough away like this as the massively important and still, bizarrely underrated Captain.

Personally thought maybe Milner would get the rest but Nabby did look well leggy from early in the game last week so that makes as much sense as anything whilst he learns about the rigours of this mad league of ours.

HATE the ‘Sat’day breakfast’ KO’s as Klopp calls them. This time should be banned. But at least it’s away so Leicester can have the flat, hungover home crowd for a change.

4 out of 4 today to box off the season’s first 4 games objective.

Up the Fox Hunting Reds!

Super first half Reds. Thoroughly dominant. Managing the game perfectly without being anywhere near our best.

Keep the hard work up for another 45.

Lol Allisson so complacent... deserved that. Lucky to get away with it last game too.

Poor from Van Dijk, but there's zero shame in clearing your lines in sticky situations like that. Felt like he thought he was too good to hoof it.

Poor from Van Dijk, but there's zero shame in clearing your lines in sticky situations like that. Felt like he thought he was too good to hoof it.

That's what I was thinking was so stupid of him. Nothing wrong with hoofing it at times.

Well that was a game of 2 halves. Utterly dominant the first. Had to dog it out the second and all credit to Leicester for the second half showing. But dog it out they did for 4 wins out of 4 to open a season for the first time in nearly 3 decades. 9 scored. 1 conceded. City left looking up at us going into the break. First objective of the season attained and boxed whilst being nowhere near our best all 4 games. With two of the hardest aways at Palace and Leicester taken care of.

Another reminder to City that it’s ON! This gang of Reds are going NOWHERE!

Note on Alisson ..... Glad that’s happened early and at 2-0 so it wasn’t costly. Hopefully it’ll encourage more teams to press high on him and expose them more to be hit going the other way. Added a completely different dimension to our game with his feet. Setting the tempo pinging it all over. Mistakes are gonna’ happen but you just have to shrug your shoulders like the team and quickly forget it. The good in him FAR outweighs the bad and his ability as a footballer is why he was our top choice over Oblak. Like Edison at City, he fits how we want to play and evolve further. Zero mistakes leading to chances (let alone goals) in Serie A or Europe last year. That’s how ****** good and composed he is with a ball ar his feet.

Just like Brucie Grobbelaar he’s gonna take some time to get used to. But as he’s WC good like Bruce, the payoff is MORE than worth it.

Up the Perfect Reds!

Good start, wins & maximum points on the board. Mad how this was us this time last season :( And playing better stuff too, which sounds crazy. I know the feeling, feels like nobody, not even Pep's City can stop you... Then along comes one bad result to disrupt the momentum. Take it week by week.

Worth noting on the Allison stat that from my viewing of it, the Serie A don't press half as much, so Allison might find himself in a few more sticky situations this season if that's how much he trusts his ability vs. pressing attackers. Vardy in the 2nd fixture, Shane Long, etc.

That's what I was thinking was so stupid of him. Nothing wrong with hoofing it at times.

Why I always find this video so satisfying. Ignore the edgy music.

[video=youtube;boPQNpPvJq0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boPQNpPvJq0[/video]

The man was as good at passing as any midfielder of his era, but 9 times out of 10 he just boots it to safety. There's time for keeping possession and there's time for booting.

You’ve only got to look at some of the highlight compilations Rh mate to see some of the ridiculous takeons he was doing of opposing forwards last year making them look silly trying to rob him. His confidence in his ability on the ball is well founded. Must be a Brazilian thing as they have two of them. (Side note- Mad how Brazil went through decades of utter ***** in nets and now have two of the best the World at the same time.).

Just gonna’ take some getting used to but madly you’re not panicking as you would be were it Karius or Mignolet (I mean it’d never get to that point as they can’t play with a football but still) down to him being so cool and confident and demensrrating already a ridiculously diverse range of passing to hit lads all over in stride.

Like Reina to Torres, Alisson will get an assist or two this year. There’s a sound bet for anyone into that.

Mooching round social media before I turn in there’s some proper miserable bastards around.

If yers gonna’ find things to nark about and not be absolutely buzzing at the Reds starting with 12 out of 12, whilst still not getting out of third gear, with two of the hardest aways done to the max already; then honestly football is NOT the sport for you! So the goalie F up? He’s the new Brucie Grobbelaar and he’s big and F boss. Mistakes happen. Deal with it!

Stop tweeting ***** like we’re The Ev mired in mediocrity and start ****** enjoying being a fan of this special gang of Reds.

‘L’pool, Top the League. L’pool, L’pool Top the League!’

Klopp is very forgiving to his goalkeepers since he joined Liverpool. Allison deserved considerable criticism over his ball handling the last two matches. Other teams see this and will come after him and make him prove he will not make that mistake again. Chris Hughton must of seen something about Allison that made his team go after him and Claude Puel followed up on it and they got a goal from it. Let's see what he does after the break and if he learned from his mistake. Tottenham will close him down very aggressively now.

That Murray one was a foul yanno. Surprised mores not been made of that.

Anyway, I personally sincerely hope teams do morimech mate. Then they’re more out of position and before they know it he’s pinged it out to someone in stride and we’re 60/70 yards down the park going the other way. What we want them to do. Be lured into our hands.

Anyway, he’s been very contrite and apologised for the error in judgement saying he’ll learn from it. All you can ask. Which following on from it not affecting him confidence wise at all the match is two more things you’d never have got from the other two.

I'm sure managers will try to exploit it, as they should, but it's risky to press these goalkeepers. You have to leave your zone and open space, and they're more than capable of spotting a good pass and starting a vicious counter.

But yeah, as much as goalkeepers helping to distribute the ball and recycle posession has become part of the game now, trying to Cruyff turn people is just reckless.

These Beasley pieces after every match are becoming essential reading. Didn’t realise we were as utterly dominant defensively at Leicester as we were. Funny how perception watching to actual reality can skew your eyes view. Guess it’s similar to someone like Gini where you have to be at the match to see the whole pitch to see what he does that you don’t get on the smaller area telly view.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ensive-15103542.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Back