The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
He is a bit of diva what with the whole France national team fiasco. Missed out on a winners medal all because of a refusal to play defensive mid and then threw a hissy fit when he was placed on the standby squad.

Wouldn’t know as he’s far from someone I’ve followed mate but ‘diva’ wasn’t what was coming over from the Parisian journo and PSG fan. More singleminded in wanting to play more box-to-box/ further up the park and having different coaches go back on their promise on that. (Tuchels the first one to consistent play him as an 8 rather than a 6 apparently.).

They’re desperate to keep him FWIW but he’s just looking for a different challenge. Certainly not financially as the Quataries can blow anyone out of he water there. More the right project for the next step of his career.

One things for sure, Jurgen wouldn’t have held interest from back when he tried to sign him for Dortmund right through to now if there were any character concerns. Which are as if not more important than mere talent to him as you know.

To me he seems a solid CM who thinks he’s a world beater. Just a balancer to give Veratti the platform when I’ve seen them.

Dont see the value in the signing, you’re sacked at DM/CM anyway. Unless you’re flogging off 2 or so along with Lallana (Gini, Milner etc.) but I don’t know, it doesn’t feel very Klopp-like.

Talking midfielders, nice segue into an Independent piece I finally got around to reading this week on the dynamism Naby brings:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ed-salah-highlights-watch-video-a8501326.html

Best comparison that keeps coming to mind with him and his ability to dribble and beat players to open things up , doing midfieldy things in the tight last third spaces, is Gascogne. All what made Gazza so special. All of which is sadly becoming a lost art over the last decade or so with the robotic generation having that coached out of them at a young age.

To me he seems a solid CM who thinks he’s a world beater. Just a balancer to give Veratti the platform when I’ve seen them.

Dont see the value in the signing, you’re sacked at DM/CM anyway. Unless you’re flogging off 2 or so along with Lallana (Gini, Milner etc.) but I don’t know, it doesn’t feel very Klopp-like.
Milner's contract ends this season and if Leeds get promoted he will probably join them. Lallana is most likely off and Gini as much as I like him is terribly inconsistent with his performances, so we definitely will be looking to pick up a CM in the summer coming.

Great to see The Man, The Myth, The Living LEG-END Joe MF Gomez! getting National recognition in a slew of pieces the past week or so on the gem Liverpudlians have always known about.

To think people were seriously crying for silly money to be waisted on an Alderweireld or the like to partner big Virge when we had his long term partner here already. Sky generation footy fans. No patience. SMH.

Milner's contract ends this season and if Leeds get promoted he will probably join them. Lallana is most likely off and Gini as much as I like him is terribly inconsistent with his performances, so we definitely will be looking to pick up a CM in the summer coming.

Yes please. Would love Milner back.

Yes please. Would love Milner back.

I think you’ll have to wait a few years mate.

He’s an athletic freak like Ronaldo who’s just getting fitter with age. And his consistency has improved with it.

Be very surprised if he’s not extended next summer for another year at least.

Nah. Can’t be right that. He finished last season with his first goal and an assist Brighton and he’s 2 this year. So that’s 3 his last 6 games with the 2 already this year.

Sure theres more the run-in last season. I’ll have a look when I get home.

Really? That’s pretty mad adding the Country. Anyway, unless Scotland have played more than 3 games since the end of last May that would stil be at least one out his last 9.

But having just read this the triviality of football has again been put into stark perspective:

https://apnews.com/2a45ef2b0e134117996008e1242887c3

Good Lord that’s terrible news.Will the authorities NEVER learn?

Condolances to the poor soul no longer here. Thoughts and prayers with him/ her and the rest of the injured.

Last edited:
A goal and 5 assists his last 10 PL games Andy Robbo.

A goal and 3 assists his last 10 L’pool games with a Mane goal from another ruled out for offside the Roma semi.

Thought I wasn’t imagining the top statistical attacking form he was in the end of last year that’s carried over.

Christ knows how many chances he’s created that should have been certain goals missed? There’s at least 7 on that short highlight alone: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AwhiRNE868I

For someone that was in-effect a free transfer from a relegated side last summer, held out for most of the first half of last season whilst he got upto speed with our complex system. To one of the elite FB’s the league and now captain and well arguably best player in his Country. It’s been a phenomenal rise.

Excellent.

Michael Oliver, who’s by far the best of a very bad bunch IMHO (not sure whether that’s good or bad), has the ‘Spurs game Sat’day dinner.

Need a strong ref against those cheating _____.

Well ****.

Degsy liable to not be match ready until after the second International break in October.

If only we had one of the top young defenders the PL to partner big Virge .....

Oh. Wait.

We do! :)

Nice, love me a wicked cross... got Robertson & Trippier at Rangers in my FM save... :D

I think you’ll have to wait a few years mate.

He’s an athletic freak like Ronaldo who’s just getting fitter with age. And his consistency has improved with it.

Be very surprised if he’s not extended next summer for another year at least.

Never would have excepcted Bielsa also. Wonders can happen in crazy teams...

Back