The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
You talking about what he said regarding Solanke? If so I kindve agree.

Yup. Ill informed, poorly researched mouthpiece with a microphone.

The twaddle on Dom was bad enough but to then throw Sancho up as ‘tearing it up the Bundesliga’ ...... Tearing it up ..... from his position as a bench player. As he develops. Uncanilly like Solanke. But with way less minutes.

Seems the in-vogue thing to use Solanke to highlight the lack of young English talent. The best was Boothroyd narking (whilst saying nottin on most every other player his squad the same position), and then not ****** starting him himself the next game!

Oh dear the Ev.

Howling at Pickford after he skitted Alisson the other week:

I wudnt mess ‘bout I just clear it!’ #midgetarms

Maybe chippy **** can get the bizzies to investigate again?

Now the season can REALLY start! Our tournaments back!

View attachment 35933

And how is it back! With well arguably the biggest game of the entire group stage to open proceedings. One of UEFA’s marquee clubs against the nouveau riche Parisians who can only dream of seeing the sights and attaining the success we have.

So many sub-plots. Pupil taking on Master again after the absolutely epic contest in the Europa between the pairs clubs 3 years ago. The widely acknowleged two best front threes in World football. Both clubs coming in with perfect 5-out-of-5 starts to the season. World class players littered across the pitch on both sides .....

All played out in the unique, European cauldren that is Anfield. PSG might arrive stacked with with WC talent, but Tuchel aside, they’ll never have experienced anything like they will this evening. As their manager knows to his cost with his Dortmind side completey cavimg under the intense power of Anfield in all her glory under the European lights in that aforementioned epic comeback 3 years ago.

When we’re fully on it, theres no place like it in World football. And with Neymar and co in town, we’ll be totally ‘on it!’ The arl place will be rocking in what is fixng to be another of the great Anfield European nights.

THIS is what you live for. Moments and memorys that last a lifetime. On the biggest stage of all where we excell more than most. Europe.

The road to Madrid and (hopefully) #6 starts here.

Can.

Not.

Wait!

What a game! Another scoreline that didnt reflect the game.

I thought everyone was fantastic, bar Salah, tonight. Hendo and Milner were fantastic all game. Watching them smashing into Neymar is just so satisfying. Sturridge as well with a fantastic performance. I have never seen him work so hard in a game before. Should have got another goal, but some of his passes were outstanding.

2 wins in 2 during our "difficult" run. Bring on the next game!

Congrats, cracking game and even better 3 points.

What's Salah up though? Conceded possession numerous times which led to a goal (which is fine, players are allowed bad nights) to then look angry/****** off, throwing objects around him when Firmino scores the winner? Guy's a bit of a diva in disguise.

Boy did you guys nearly blow that. I wouldn’t even say you was great tbh. PSG will never do anything on the biggest stage! Neymar is a joke of a player and Mbappe wants to be careful he doesn’t end up the same. PSG think they can play every game as if it’s a league game against inferior opponents. Thought Liverpool CMs were good but against 3 statues for most parts.

What's Salah up though? Conceded possession numerous times which led to a goal (which is fine, players are allowed bad nights) to then look angry/****** off, throwing objects around him when Firmino scores the winner? Guy's a bit of a diva in disguise.

He just ran out of water and decided to take it out on the bottle :P He should be angry with his performance tbh. He was woeful. Klopp should have made the sub 15 minutes ago.

Watching him over the last few games, he looks a bit unfit. His touch isnt quite there, and his seems a little off the pace. I was saying to a mate, I think the what happened in the CL final, The WC and the resulting stuff with the NT may have knocked his confidence a bit also. Nothing too much to worry about yet I dont think.

I don't want to get too excited about the season just yet but when you make PSG look ordinary you can't really help it. Seriously they were woeful and were lucky to even get one goal let alone two. Would've been daylight robbery if that finished as a draw.

Was a freak season for Salah, a one off last season, but that's not saying he has been good enough tonight, he was bad.

But anyway good result for Liverpool, PSG are just a collection of stars rather than true team but they still have a lot of quality.

Last edited:
I think last season has him thinking he's Messi bracket, which he's obviously not. He's a world class player, but it's seemed to gone to his head a bit. Ironic considering he's renowned for being humble

Shaqiri-Firmino-Mane front 3 needed at the weekend to send the message.

I don't want to get too excited about the season just yet but when you make PSG look ordinary you can't really help it. Seriously they were woeful and were lucky to even get one goal let alone two. Would've been daylight robbery if that finished as a draw.
Wouldn’t get excited about beating them. Never doubted you would! Typical PSG CL performance. Players playing at snails pace. The 2 stars not wanting to do anything resembling hard work and want to beat everyone dribbling out from the back. Be more concerned how they managed to score 2.

Wouldn’t get excited about beating them. Never doubted you would! Typical PSG CL performance. Players playing at snails pace. The 2 stars not wanting to do anything resembling hard work and want to beat everyone dribbling out from the back. Be more concerned how they managed to score 2.
Yep the fact that the two goals they scored were created from errors from us is a bit concerning but still, I expected much more from PSG.

Yep the fact that the two goals they scored were created from errors from us is a bit concerning but still, I expected much more from PSG.
Dont get me wrong beating PSG is a good result. But all things considered is it really a surprise. Be surprised if they make it out the group!

https://streamable.com/b2d3t

What diva? (A)

Not much has changed my mind about that. They've scored a 90th min winner against PSG in the Champions League, he half-heartedly "throws" (drags) his hands above his head....then proceeds to throw a water bottle on the ground, all whilst remaining seated.

Too caught up feeling sorry for himself about his own poor performance for me, rather than actually going mental that they've just scored a cracking winner & as a result got off to a flier, which also puts them into a great position to potentially win their group.

Maybe it's just me, but Mo Salah this time last year is smiling and doing cartwheels at that?

Back