The Liverpool Thread

Fekir would have been a tremendous addition to the squad.

Incredible player, strong; fast; technical, runs and harries, and a thunderous shot.

Hes Coutinho on steroids basically.

In October 2014. a side with the best (at the time) attacking trident in world football came to Anfield in a champions league group stage game and tore Liverpool apart. The game was over before half time. Ronaldo scored; Benzema scored 2 and the midfield of Rodriguez and Kroos hardly gave the Liverpool midfielders a sniff. Liverpool were also missing their first choice striker from that time.

I will never forget that game because it showed how far the Champions League had moved on from Liverpool; we were completely outclassed. It was men against boys.

4 years on; we kept the one of the best teams (on paper) at this years UCL at arms length; the game was controlled professionally barring a moment of sheer sloppiness from Salah. (PSGs first goal should have been chalked off for offside). The only other clear cut chance was the Mbappe effort from the corner .....

I was just thinking of you reading Gareth Roberts Unibet piece this week. The title and opening lines sum up what you’re saying above perfectly:

’Jurgen Klopp has taken Liverpool from a team that fear Europea elite to a team to be feared by the best.’

‘In 2014 Brendan Rodgers rolled over for R Madrid. Now the Reds roll over the Contiments very best .....’

Big Virge was bang on the other day when he was talking about wanting to win the lot this year. NOTHING should be beuond this group. Such is their ceiling which has barely been scratched through the phenominal evolution we’ve witnesssd in nearly 3 years under the mad German btard. To the point now where we’re playing to the seemingly untouchable City levels. And that level goes up the better opposition they face.

Glorious time to be a Red my friend. As we’ve been saying since last season ended in Kiev, this is gonna’ be a special season with this special grouo and even specialler (new word? Just roll witb it) manager.

Mo has now been involved (scoring/ assisting) in more goals through the first 7 games this season than the first seven last season.
#oneseasonwonder #crisisgoaldrought

I think Alisson was the only player not on him when he scored today too.
#selfishegooutforhimself #teamunity

Maybe now the B/S narative over a player just going through a dip in form by his own ridiculous standards will stop from outside sources?

Big Shaq forn £13 million ..... Are you F messing?!!!!!
#immensefulldebut

9 PL clean sheets in a row at Anfield.
#dodgyliverpoolbackline #homefriggingfortress

LFC win their first 7 games in all competitions for the first tme in their storied history. All 126 years of it.
#kloppsredsaremustard

600 League games not out as a manager for Jurgen Norbet Klopp Esq.
#herestothenext600inred #properfuckingscouser

I think we might never not win a game again yanno?

’L’pool, Top the League. L’pool, L’pool Top the League!’

Up the 7 Up Reds!

Moyesy comments about Rafas squad being better than Klopps squad today got me thinking. I think apart from the midfield minus Masch this first 11 is far better.

With all due respect, how the **** was that goal even shortlisted let alone win the Puskas award? Lol

To send opposition fans on twitter into even more fume than they’re already in this season. :p

But have no fear. He couldn’t possibly win the Player of the Year. That would break the entire internet!

Didn't even get into the world XI, but who knows. These awards are random and contradictory lol. No credibility

Tough comparision with Rafa's team. Klopp's squad is more balanced and has a better bench. 2008 team though, they could boast having world's best player in some key positions (Torres/Gerrard/Masch). And thanks to Kuyt you basically played with 12 people.

Little to chose between the two ‘best’ XI’s for me. But as a squad, this is by far and away the deepest in quality since Houllier’s 2001 second treble winners/ 5 trophies in a calendar year vintage. And well arguably not only our deepest the PL era, but possibly ever considerng squads were WAY smaller pre-PL.

Talking the quality depth we now have in abundance, it’ll be fascinating to see who we roll with Wednesday. Personally wouldn’t be bothered if he rotated all 10 outfielders so long as Alisson remained in nets. But Klopp being Klopp he’ll doubtless give the cry arsing Belgium clown a game.

Say something like-

Mignolet
Clyne/ Matip/ JMG/ Moreno
Fabinho
Keita/ Jones (Given Lallana’s not quite back)
Big Shaq/ Sturridge/ Mo or Mane.

That be what, 8 changes and still a real strong side that should have more than enough to deal with Chelsea’s changes.

Just the ‘leveler’ of Mignolet to be concerned about.

Last edited:
Didn't even get into the world XI, but who knows. These awards are random and contradictory lol. No credibility

Exactly. Yet Hazard, on a down year, does.

Most all these indvidual awards now are populist nonsense. With FIFA the worst of them all. The only surprise was the Messi/ Ronaldo last decade and more ego massaging wank fest didn’t happen for once.

And as you alluded to earlier that probably wasn’t even in Mo’s top 5 goals last year. Before you even get to Bale amd Ronaldo’s.

(Little to) No creadibility indeed.

Our ‘friends’ over the park calling for Silva to go earlier the radio.

They’ve started earlier than usual this year haha.

Wait, it didn't even win goal of the month? XD

Dn70B1OXoAEfmnk.jpg:large