The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Not much has changed my mind about that. They've scored a 90th min winner against PSG in the Champions League, he half-heartedly "throws" (drags) his hands above his head....then proceeds to throw a water bottle on the ground, all whilst remaining seated.

Too caught up feeling sorry for himself about his own poor performance for me, rather than actually going mental that they've just scored a cracking winner & as a result got off to a flier, which also puts them into a great position to potentially win their group.

Maybe it's just me, but Mo Salah this time last year is smiling and doing cartwheels at that?
Or on the flipside, it could be relief that his costly error didn't cost us three points in the end. Knowing how close the squad is I doubt its an ego thing and I'm sure Klopp wouldn't allow it.

Hope not, because he seems a humble, down to earth guy. But he wouldn't be the first to let it go to his head, and won't be the last.

I wonder if Tuchel will chew out Neymar for the disgraceful performance he put on the show. From the strolling around to shirking out of challenges and not once did he bother to track back and help out Bernet who was getting overloaded. Seriously the Neymar that was outstanding at Barca to the pampered diva he has become now is a travesty. I was honestly shocked out how rubbish he was.

Yeah poor show from Neymar, was poor at World Cup too. Needs to get back to level of last season pronto. Also see how bang ordinary Rabiot is? Veratti's the key to making them tick.

I wonder if Tuchel will chew out Neymar for the disgraceful performance he put on the show. From the strolling around to shirking out of challenges and not once did he bother to track back and help out Bernet who was getting overloaded. Seriously the Neymar that was outstanding at Barca to the pampered diva he has become now is a travesty. I was honestly shocked out how rubbish he was.
hes just doing it to lower the price real will need to pay

Yeah poor show from Neymar, was poor at World Cup too. Needs to get back to level of last season pronto. Also see how bang ordinary Rabiot is? Veratti's the key to making them tick.
Poor is an understatement it was more of a disgrace. To be fair Rabiot was covering the headless chicken that is Di Maria, they certainly missed Veratti although tonight showed the difference between Hendo and Wiji as the number 6 (to be fair Wiji was excellent).

I just scratch my head as to why Tuchel has gone into the season with what's almost a blank cheque (or at least decent kitty) with PSG's midfield options? Even with Veratti, the depth and quality leaves a lot to be desired.

I just scratch my head as to why Tuchel has gone into the season with what's almost a blank cheque (or at least decent kitty) with PSG's midfield options? Even with Veratti, the depth and quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Tuchel BADLY wanted Fabinho for the 6 role. He was there key aummer want by all acounts and they just couldn’t find another 6 that would give tyem the attacking range after we closed that dead early.

Anyway, another stunning L’pool European display. I need a brew and some scran before I drop a few notes.

Dont get me wrong beating PSG is a good result. But all things considered is it really a surprise. Be surprised if they make it out the group!

When the draw was made, up you popped saying what a mega tough group it was.

Now, PSG aren’t going to nake it out the group and beating them is no aurprise? Behave mate will yer.

Thats a complete 360 and then some in less than a month.

Welcome, good win mate. Actually don't think PSG were all that bad either. It was an away performance at Anfield, they played with a CB, a balancer and a winger in midfield. It obviously wasn't sensational, but created a few decent chances and had to be beat. 4-2 probably a fair reflection.

I've actually a feeling this PSG side will do a bit of damage in the CL. Yes they've got holes, but with that front 3, and with Tuchel (who I really rate) only with them all of 10 minutes and will continue to improve them & leave his identity in the side, they're a side most wouldn't think "yeah I'd love PSG" come K.O's." - at least not from a manager/defenders perspective.

This is the most open CL for years. You won't have to be extraordinarily special to win it.

What another absolutely awesome night in Europe from these fantastic Reds.

Absolutely made a show of one of the best sides in the conpetition. Completey nullifying the ‘other’ best front three in Europe. By far and away the best performance of the season form the now 6 out 6 perfect Reds. Been playing within oursleves until the break but man have we stepped it up the last 2. Superb display. And yanno, the best part for me was when it went to a massively undeserved 2-2, the Reds just went ‘Sound. NP. We’ll still beat yers!’ No panic. No falling apart. Just a calm and collected intelligence of coming straight back the last 5 and figuring out the win. Of all the brilliamt facets of this side the more it develops, and lets make NO mistake these are pushing City levels of top drawer consistency at just completely controlling and overwhelming everyone they play; is they have what Fergusons great Utd sides had. They just don’t know when they’re beaten. You want to get ANYTHING out of this gang of Reds, you’d better be ready to go 95/ 96/ 100 minutes and ‘pray’ thats enough.

SO many superb individual performances. Forget just rhe best LB the PL. Is there any LB anywhere the Continent playing better than Andy Robbo right now? Mbappe is one of the best young talents the World. Absolutely ridiculous player. He never got a kick all night out of the imperious Scott. And ‘THAT’ assist for Danny’s goal ..... Inside him, Joe was faultless again. The partnership with big Virge is frightening as to how great it will get the longer it grows. There was one teenager looking like a WC talent and it wasn’t the aformentioned Frenchmen. Trent is still just 19? ‘Kinel! Like ‘KINELL!!!!! For all the talk of the Alisson and van Dijk fees, the other three are home grown, an in-effect free teansfer from Hull nobody wanted and a £3.5 million signing from a league one club. And they just made a complete show of one of rhe best artacks in World football.

The midfield was sensational. Again after Sat’day. That Henderson’s lads ***** right? My God how many tackles he make tonight? Utterly dominant. Hard to pick any out over the other with Gini and Milner so good but Henderson was sensational. And the first massive game the season hes straight back in the line-uo. One in the eye for those with an utterly mad, continued agenda against our Captain and one of out nost important and integral players. Shows EXACTLY how important he is to the manager.

Just an all round sensational performance against one of the best sides in this competion.

This Liverpool side is the absolute business. They’re approaching levels as good as anythng out there. City included.

What an absolutely brilliant time to be alive. What a brilliant time to be a Red.

6 out of 6. And would anyone honestly bet againat it being 11 out of 11 by the next International break?

Up the European F Royalty Reds!

Last edited:
I've actually a feeling this PSG side will do a bit of damage in the CL. Yes they've got holes, but with that front 3, and with Tuchel (who I really rate) only with them all of 10 minutes and will continue to improve them & leave his identity in the side, they're a side most wouldn't think "yeah I'd love PSG" come K.O's." - at least not from a manager/defenders perspective.

This is the most open CL for years. You won't have to be extraordinarily special to win it.

Conpletely with you on PSG. Anyone thinking they aren’t a tip side I don't know whar they’re looking at.

But I’d take ussue with the last line.

With the 3 straight times holders, and City and L’pool, at such high levels, before you even consider the talent at the lkes of Barcelona, Munich and PSG, another club is going to have to play to extraordinary levels to get in there and win it IMHO.

I've just realize it's been almost 15 years from this.

CGrWNqJWoAAstnc.png

Man, time flies.

Tuchel won’t say anything to Mbappe or Neymar. That’s how those two are every week in Ligue1. Strolling around never coming back or showing any interest in hard graft once the ball is lost.

PSG will always be the same in CL. Can’t go from playing at 60/70 bearing teams comfortably most the year. Then just switching it on for the big games every now and then in the CL.

When the draw was made, up you popped saying what a mega tough group it was.

Now, PSG aren’t going to nake it out the group and beating them is no aurprise? Behave mate will yer.

Thats a complete 360 and then some in less than a month.
Was a tough group on paper. But PSG being PSG on a tough CL game I’m not surprised you won. Add to that them missing Motta and Verratti in CM and Marquinhos playing DM.

PSG will never do any damage in the CL. Because you can’t just switch on form and intensity when you like. Of coarse they have match winners up top that can produce a bit of magic. But on the flip side what goods that when they barely come back into there own half. And when they do, end up dribbling the ball out from the back and lose it.

To me it’s a bigger indication of how Liverpool have stepped. A couple seasons ago think PSG could of turned up like they was playing a Ligue 1 side and most likely put 3/4 past you!

In October 2014. a side with the best (at the time) attacking trident in world football came to Anfield in a champions league group stage game and tore Liverpool apart. The game was over before half time. Ronaldo scored; Benzema scored 2 and the midfield of Rodriguez and Kroos hardly gave the Liverpool midfielders a sniff. Liverpool were also missing their first choice striker from that time.

I will never forget that game because it showed how far the Champions League had moved on from Liverpool; we were completely outclassed. It was men against boys.

4 years on; we kept the one of the best teams (on paper) at this years UCL at arms length; the game was controlled professionally barring a moment of sheer sloppiness from Salah. (PSGs first goal should have been chalked off for offside). The only other clear cut chance was the Mbappe effort from the corner.

The defence and midfield last night were immense. The attack not so much, barring Salah, everybody else had at least an 8 on 10 game.

The minute PSG scored their equalizer; Liverpool went and attacked at will with a single minded desire to score.

Just shows how much Jurgen has done for this team in such a short space of time. This is his second season with us in this competition. Mind boggles sometimes when you realize where we were when he took over.

Oh and lets no kid ourselves here and say PSG suddenly are not so good. I remember being told on this group that we will be in the Europa soon because of the draw :P

We beat a great team in a great game where anything but a Liverpool win would have been robbery.

PS - Joe Gomez is going to be some player.

In October 2014. a side with the best (at the time) attacking trident in world football came to Anfield in a champions league group stage game and tore Liverpool apart. The game was over before half time. Ronaldo scored; Benzema scored 2 and the midfield of Rodriguez and Kroos hardly gave the Liverpool midfielders a sniff. Liverpool were also missing their first choice striker from that time.

I will never forget that game because it showed how far the Champions League had moved on from Liverpool; we were completely outclassed. It was men against boys.

4 years on; we kept the one of the best teams (on paper) at this years UCL at arms length; the game was controlled professionally barring a moment of sheer sloppiness from Salah. (PSGs first goal should have been chalked off for offside). The only other clear cut chance was the Mbappe effort from the corner.

The defence and midfield last night were immense. The attack not so much, barring Salah, everybody else had at least an 8 on 10 game.

The minute PSG scored their equalizer; Liverpool went and attacked at will with a single minded desire to score.

Just shows how much Jurgen has done for this team in such a short space of time. This is his second season with us in this competition. Mind boggles sometimes when you realize where we were when he took over.

Oh and lets no kid ourselves here and say PSG suddenly are not so good. I remember being told on this group that we will be in the Europa soon because of the draw :P

We beat a great team in a great game where anything but a Liverpool win would have been robbery.

PS - Joe Gomez is going to be some player.
No one saying PSG aren’t that. Just there suited to play against with your style of play. Which Klopp has done well implementing! You will be surprised how many people at work are not one but the slightest surprised at the result. Pool weren’t even that great last night which is even more boggling. Henderson, Giorgio, Milner should be running rings round Di Maria and Marquinhos in midfield. Still shocked how they scored 2. It wasn’t even as they carved you open just poor from you guys.

The amount of space Trent had on the right afforded to him by Neymar and DiMaria was embarrassing. Tuchel should of spotted that after 15 mins. Better final delivery and you would of been out of sight!

Last edited:
Back