The Liverpool Thread

Yeah if Hazard was consistent he'd be in the same bracket as Messi and Cristiano. If not higher. Arguably the only player in the world who is impossible to contain if he is in the mood.

We can be never sure in these comparisons, but i believe that PL and Chelsea managers (too defensive) have hindered his ability to play at Messi level.
Now finally u can see more often how he enjoys the flow, the play and just to play footy. Will be tremendous year for him, sad that they are not in CL, but finally they got some forward moving coach.

Yeah if Hazard was consistent he'd be in the same bracket as Messi and Cristiano. If not higher. Arguably the only player in the world who is impossible to contain if he is in the mood.

lets not get carried away :p

I love flicking through Social Media XDXD

SldYLWya.jpg

Thought we deserved a point at least. Alisson is ****** quick of his line and that save kept us in the game.

Homestly, as a fan, is their any better way to score to get the result than at the dearh like that? Affords you not only the delirium of gaining a more than deserved point, with a stupendous goal. But the double whammy of totally deflating your opponents who thought they had it boxed. That’s why you do it. That’s what football’s ALL about. Moments and memories.

And that one lived up to the billing and then some. Absolutely superb game of togger. Brilliant football from both teams at an oft breakneck speed. Top drawer defending. Two brilliant goals. One an absolute Worldie. Couldn’t ask for much more in terms of top notch entertainment.

Not qute sure how we haven’t comfortably won both games these last 4 days like but among all the missed chances and atrocious officiating Wednesday lets not lose sight of the fact Chelsea are a **** good team under a top drawer manager cut from the same cloth as our own. With well arguably the most talented attacking footballer in the PL. (As frustrating as the F is ALWAYS turning it on against L’pool.). So going to their house and performing as well as that isn’t something to be sniffed at.

Could have won. Probably should have on chances. But just one of them and no real disappointment here after such a wonderful game.

We know our front three is better than anything else in Europe and they’ll click sooner rather than later. The fact that we’re sitting top with City when they as yet haven’t is testimemt to just what a ****** brilliant gang of Reds Jurgen has assembled.

WORST case scenario, we go into the second International break a game behind City. Which when you consider our first 8 games compared to theirs is beyond brilliant. And thats just a ‘worst case’ with the mouthwatering game between outselves to come next Sunday.

Frustrating but nonetheless very satisfying Sat’day. Aside from the safety aspect, roll on Wednesday and Naples and the next game in whats fast turning into a real special season.

Well done Chelsea for contributing to a super game of football.

Up the never giving in Reds!

[video=youtube;nHakfTaDRMU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHakfTaDRMU[/video]

I guess thats what happens when you play for a draw. Hopefully keita's injury isnt too severe.

0 shots on target is considerably bad...

Yep a draw wouldve flattered both teams. Dont get the fuss about Napoli they were rubbish aswell only Allan on their team played good. It was just a case of that we were utter ***** to combat their rubbishness.

I guess thats what happens when you play for a draw. Hopefully keita's injury isnt too severe.

More so that’s what happens mate when you have a collective off day where most every player was *****. ‘Playing for a draw’ isn’t in his DNA.

Lucky to get away with a 1-0. Just a bad day the office. It happens but no biggie as regards the group thankfully.

Finally back home from the absolute cesspit of inhumanity that is Naples. Why anyone ever wants to visit there is beyond me? (I know I’ve just returned but without the excuse of the match I never would.). Just as bad a moody, scruffy shithole as it was 8 years ago. Italy’s such a brilliant Country (had a boss afternoon Bologna today) but Naples really is the **** hole of it. Thankfully escaped unscathed the match. Which wasn’t for the lack of trying from the usual P poor organisation the I-tie authorities. Dropping 500/600 lads off back down the Port the early hours with 6 ..... that’s SIX taxis waiting and bizzies not interested was just priceless. Got a bit hairy trying to get back the top end with the scooter boys straight on us but managed to jump in a cab an intersection who thankfully understood fully what was going on.

All after varoous random attacks, both the day before/ day the game on Reds and a few the busses laid on to supposedly give us safe passage back the centre. Never having any ID check to match my name the ticket. Walking in with a belt on and slummy my pocket. (All suposedly that wasn’t going to happen.) Couple of flairs lobbed across .....

Seriously, if they STILL can’t give adequate protection to visiiting supporters travelling to the shithole then its WELL past time UEFA stepped in and banned them.

Boss turnout that was double and more what I was expecting given the number of lads who (naturally) **** out going. Though most would just be credit hunting selling out the 2,600 or so allocation but must have had a good 1,500 or so which was terrific.

Pity the lads the pitch never turmed up but S happens. Onto City.

Up the goosed travelling Reds!

City. Just what the Doctor ordered after Napoli and ‘just one of them’ where most every player was completely off it and *****.

Salivating at the prospect of this one.

Top two sides the Country meeting at a bouncing Anfield for an early title decider. (Seriously, as mad as that is to say, THATS how much City have changed the landscape. These two games could well go a long way to deciding what happens come May as they barely drop any ****** points in many other games.).

Does it get ANY better than this?

Provided City can stop making an embarrassing show of themselves over buses long enough to play footy, if it’s even half as good a game as last Sat’days at Chelsea it will be another instant classic.

Liverpool having not lost at home in the league the last 24 games stretching back to April 2017. Haven’t so much as conceded a league goal at home in through the last 8 games.

City coming in off the back of 6 straight loses at Anfield. Not having won there in 15 years amd 17 games.

Does that continue or does something give?

Even in a worst case and City win, we’d be a mere game behind them going into the second International break. Which given our first 8 games and theirs (6 of which have been against the 6 promoted sides the last 2 seasons), exceeds all expectations in itself.
To go into that break off the back of a win, sat clear top and a game ahead of the Champions would be off the charts boss.

Fully anticipating City to come undone again against the one team they can’t deal with straight up and their woeful record at r’s to continue.

But whatever happens, somethings gone badly wrong if its not an another outstandingly entertaining game of togger between the two sides who so that better than most anyone else in Europe when they’re fully ‘on it.’

And when Klopp and Guardiola meet, their teams are ON IT!

Provided City get the ground in one piece (rolls eyes), roll on half 4!

Up the Kopparberg Reds!

Very clever from Sane there, just waited for Van Dijk to come across and leant into him before falling like he'd been shot. I'll take the draw after that.

Very clever from Sane there, just waited for Van Dijk to come across and leant into him before falling like he'd been shot. I'll take the draw after that.

I'd say it was more idiotic from Van Dijk.

I'd say it was more idiotic from Van Dijk.

Its a penalty but Van Dijk has to come across agree it was idiotic for him to fly into the challenge but watch the fake from Sane and then the small lean into VVD before crumbling. Pretty clever.

Was not the match most of us expected. Certainly was not the Chelsea vs Liverpool from a week earlier.

Shoutout to the "worldclass" Lovren who was immense. That 1 v 1 tackle on Jesus was celebrated like a goal.