The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Henderson's going to be a quality player, he just needs a bit more confidence.

Agree with that. Full of potential and think he's going to be a star.

And last night I think would've been a much closer match if Lucas was playing. Imo it's obvious Adam misses Lucas. They play well together when on the pitch. imo anyway.

Last edited:
Carroll, yes. Henderson, not so sure. Downing has shown what he can do, just need to up his game (and only play left wing) Adam will get back to being solid, nothing more imo

Carroll, yes. Henderson, not so sure. Downing has shown what he can do, just need to up his game (and only play left wing) Adam will get back to being solid, nothing more imo

Agree on Downing, he really needs to stick to the left flank. No idea why he's always roaming towards the right and cutting in, it's obviously his instructions but we need to stop it because it makes him pretty much useless. Hopefully Adam can find the form he had last year but I'm not overly confident.

Agree on Downing, he really needs to stick to the left flank. No idea why he's always roaming towards the right and cutting in, it's obviously his instructions but we need to stop it because it makes him pretty much useless. Hopefully Adam can find the form he had last year but I'm not overly confident.

Someone mentioned it before, but Adam clearly misses having Lucas alongside him, feeding him constant short accurate balls and letting him get on with creating, while Lucas covered him.

The best thing about Downing is his ability to cross. Why Dalglish has him on the right is baffling to be honest, cos it isnt working, at all. No goals, no assists, and i dont think many key passes either, though ill have to check that

Completely agree. I also feel the same about Carroll, £35m or not. Downing and Adam I'm not so sure on.

Don't really know what to think about Carroll, have no clue on him to be honest.
Henderson is young and has a lot to improve yet.
Downing is a 27 year-old player, not a prospect, a player who was bought to bring imediate effect and he's far from being this player. Disappointing so far.

Someone mentioned it before, but Adam clearly misses having Lucas alongside him, feeding him constant short accurate balls and letting him get on with creating, while Lucas covered him.

The best thing about Downing is his ability to cross. Why Dalglish has him on the right is baffling to be honest, cos it isnt working, at all. No goals, no assists, and i dont think many key passes either, though ill have to check that

As a matter of fact. How I miss Lucas :(

Don't really know what to think about Carroll, have no clue on him to be honest.
Henderson is young and has a lot to improve yet..

Carroll is only 22, not like he is that old, still has a good 10 years ahead of him. A lot of time to improve. Although he does turn 23 in 2 days.

Carroll is only 22, not like he is that old, still has a good 10 years ahead of him. A lot of time to improve. Although he does turn 23 in 2 days.

yeah.
Know he's young yet. But still I have no clue on what to expect from him.

yeah.
Know he's young yet. But still I have no clue on what to expect from him.

If played and trained right, he has all the attributes of becoming a Drogba-esc striker, although I imagine he won't be taking free kicks.

If played and trained right, he has all the attributes of becoming a Drogba-esc striker, although I imagine he won't be taking free kicks.

Nothing against Carroll, but he should become one of the best striker in the world to be called Drogba-esc. Drogba is physically **** strong and also technically brilliant. His technical ability is way underrated, people see him as battering ram which he isn't. There are only few players who can combine physical and technical ability like he does.

Carroll has showed lot of promise at Newcastle but he is nowhere near Drogba in technical ability. At least I haven't seen it.

Nothing against Carroll, but he should become one of the best striker in the world to be called Drogba-esc. Drogba is physically **** strong and also technically brilliant. His technical ability is way underrated, people see him as battering ram which he isn't. There are only few players who can combine physical and technical ability like he does.

Carroll has showed lot of promise at Newcastle but he is nowhere near Drogba in technical ability. At least I haven't seen it.

Drogba-esc doesn't mean he will become the same standard as Drogba, but he could be a similar player, if trained and played right. Don't forget, Drogba was pretty **** until he turned 24/25, and has really excelled at Chelsea under good guidance and training, also with being the main vocal point of their attack for the best part of 7 years, that can't have hindered his progress.

Who knows what standard Carroll will make, to discount that he has the potential to become a player of similar stature to Drogba is foolish at such a young age. He could end up being the next Peter Crouch, have a small boom in his career, then end up playing for mediocre teams. Basing the fact that Liverpool spent an excessive £35m on him, you would imagine that the scouting team there have a lot of faith that he will progress to become one of the best forwards in the premier league.

Drogba-esc doesn't mean he will become the same standard as Drogba, but he could be a similar player, if trained and played right. Don't forget, Drogba was pretty **** until he turned 24/25, and has really excelled at Chelsea under good guidance and training, also with being the main vocal point of their attack for the best part of 7 years, that can't have hindered his progress.

Who knows what standard Carroll will make, to discount that he has the potential to become a player of similar stature to Drogba is foolish at such a young age. He could end up being the next Peter Crouch, have a small boom in his career, then end up playing for mediocre teams. Basing the fact that Liverpool spent an excessive £35m on him, you would imagine that the scouting team there have a lot of faith that he will progress to become one of the best forwards in the premier league.

Yeah I know what you meant by Drogba-esc, that is why I mentioned about Drogba's technical ability which I haven't seen in Carroll.

And I haven't wrote him off, I said he should become one of the best striker in the world to be named along with Drogba as Drogba was beast and one of the best striker for nearly 5 years.

I never wrote him off, just didn't see similarity with Drogba.

And regarding your point about training with top coaches, when Drogba was signed he had the same technical ability, just took time to adapt.

I have started my post with Nothing against Carroll, which meant I'm not writing off him. Just didn't agree with Drogba comparison ;)

Yeah I know what you meant by Drogba-esc, that is why I mentioned about Drogba's technical ability which I haven't seen in Carroll.

And I haven't wrote him off, I said he should become one of the best striker in the world to be named along with Drogba as Drogba was beast and one of the best striker for nearly 5 years.

I never wrote him off, just didn't see similarity with Drogba.

And regarding your point about training with top coaches, when Drogba was signed he had the same technical ability, just took time to adapt.

I have started my post with Nothing against Carroll, which meant I'm not writing off him. Just didn't agree with Drogba comparison ;)

Carroll WON'T become one of the best strikers in the world, as a matter of fact.

Though he may improve to play much better than he's playing now (and for what he played at Newcastle we have to agree that he can), I can't see him as a top striker.

I can't see any point in comparing him with Drogba for all the reasons already mentioned.
To be honest, Carroll is more like a Mario Gomez who doesn't score goals (atm, at least).

After Howard's goal, the wind has more assists this season than Stewart Downing...

Bent anyone? At least he scores...

[video=youtube;aq5z4hurv8I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aq5z4hurv8I#![/video]

Carroll WON'T become one of the best strikers in the world, as a matter of fact.

Matter of fact implies fact is involved. It isn't.

Though he may improve to play much better than he's playing now (and for what he played at Newcastle we have to agree that he can), I can't see him as a top striker.

And that is an opinion, which is totally acceptable. It also has the added bonus of not being wrong in a factual sense.

I can't see any point in comparing him with Drogba for all the reasons already mentioned.

Both are big, deceptively quick forwards who are strong both in the air and on the ground. No similarities at all, then.

To be honest, Carroll is more like a Mario Gomez who doesn't score goals (atm, at least).

Mario Gomez only scores goals. Unless you're suggesting Carroll does nothing, it's a much worse comparison than Drogba. Carroll and Drogba at least offer something to the team if they're not scoring, unlike Gomez.

Last edited:
Back