The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I do give and that's why I wrote :)

It's ok, you're not the first, or the last, Liverpool fan to be supporting Suarez, how ever misplaced and misconceived your supporting of said player is.

Kuyt hasn't had the best season, but I'd still like to see him start with Bellers on the left. Could actually be good, to change it a bit around.

Yeah, so would I. However, Gerrard still isn't fit to play 90 minutes. Last time he was rushed back and got injured again. I'd take a loss against City, and a fit Gerrard for the rest of the season any day, than having him injured again.
Think I would have Bellamy as primarily impact sub player to come on and use his pace later on in games. Downing just can't play on the right. can't cross with his right foot and cuts inside almost everytime to use his left. At least on the left he can properly take players on. Oh yeah I wasn't saying start Gerrard tonight, don't want to rush him back, but in the future when he's fit drop Henderson or Adam if he doesn't improve

*cough* you're on the Liverpool thread *cough* use the BBVA thread *cough*

Think I would have Bellamy as primarily impact sub player to come on and use his pace later on in games. Downing just can't play on the right. can't cross with his right foot and cuts inside almost everytime to use his left. At least on the left he can properly take players on. Oh yeah I wasn't saying start Gerrard tonight, don't want to rush him back, but in the future when he's fit drop Henderson or Adam if he doesn't improve

Well, Bellers has been great for us, i.e against Newcastle where he started aswell. However, I can't see anyone else to replace Downing on the left. He plays ****, game after game, and still gets an automatic starting spot. He needs to be benched for a few games, so he knows he has to improve.
And honestly, Adam has been ***** for us the last games. Own goal, missed penalty, and in general just misplacing passes, etc. Give Shelvey a chance. He was on fire at Blackpool.

Well, Bellers has been great for us, i.e against Newcastle where he started aswell. However, I can't see anyone else to replace Downing on the left. He plays ****, game after game, and still gets an automatic starting spot. He needs to be benched for a few games, so he knows he has to improve.
And honestly, Adam has been ***** for us the last games. Own goal, missed penalty, and in general just misplacing passes, etc. Give Shelvey a chance. He was on fire at Blackpool.
true, could give it a try I guess. At least Downing gives proper width and can cross for Carroll. You know better than me about how players are playing! But yeah I've seen last couple lpool games and Adam has been very poor. Brother, lpool fan, says he's been pretty ****. Good shout for Shelvey, raped us :( (not saying much) Didn't he play decent in the game he was given a game in? Fulham was it?

It'd still be off topic, this is the Copa del Rey. Not sure there's a thread for that :P
You should have said that earlier XD
My review on todays match:
L'pool needs creative midfielder more than we do. Need a proper right winger and CB who won't give away stupid fouls.

It'd still be off topic, this is the Copa del Rey. Not sure there's a thread for that :P

lol, true.. :P but still, Spanish football.. uno.. ;) BBVA is more relevant than the Liverpool thread lol.

Personally, I think 'Pool could do with a new DMC while Lucas is out, can't say I am a fan of Spearing. Carroll needs more balls in the box, and also he seems to drop too deep, you need him to just stay in the area, and then hang on the last man, and hopefully have a fit Bellamy or Gerrard playing off him when he flicks it on or holds it up, until Suarez is back anyway.

Also, get your wingers to attack the by-line and whip some balls in for Carroll, his service was shocking tonight, and when he was given a chance to win the ball, he had no one supporting him.

Personally, I think 'Pool could do with a new DMC while Lucas is out, can't say I am a fan of Spearing. Carroll needs more balls in the box, and also he seems to drop too deep, you need him to just stay in the area, and then hang on the last man, and hopefully have a fit Bellamy or Gerrard playing off him when he flicks it on or holds it up, until Suarez is back anyway.

Also, get your wingers to attack the by-line and whip some balls in for Carroll, his service was shocking tonight, and when he was given a chance to win the ball, he had no one supporting him.

Wasn't the majority of Carroll's goals for NUFC headers? as i can remember him being lethal with his head like the goal vs us at emirates :(

Wasn't the majority of Carroll's goals for NUFC headers? as i can remember him being lethal with his head like the goal vs us at emirates :(

Yeah, he is good in the air, if you play him like Shearer, just have him in and around the 6 yard box and pump the ball into him. People may not like the style of football, but when you have a footballer like Carroll leading your attack, you need to sacrifice some style to get some substance. :)

Although, when at Newcastle, he isn't bad with his feet, he has a good shot on his left foot when he connects.

true, could give it a try I guess. At least Downing gives proper width and can cross for Carroll. You know better than me about how players are playing! But yeah I've seen last couple lpool games and Adam has been very poor. Brother, lpool fan, says he's been pretty ****. Good shout for Shelvey, raped us :( (not saying much) Didn't he play decent in the game he was given a game in? Fulham was it?

Yeah, he does. But tbf, I think there should be a new approach to Carroll. He doesn't look comfortable having to head the ball everytime. But, yeah Downing is the only real crosser we have at the moment.
Yeah Shelvey was decent when he had the chance, but Kenny plays the more experienced players (i.e Adam), who has been complete and utter ***** lately. So I'd give Shelvey a shot. Or Coady as a DM in the FA Cup, just to see how he does.

(i.e Adam), who has been complete and utter ***** lately.

Don't think anyone could disagree with that statement, he has been a big disappointment in my eyes, which is a pity, because he was so good at Blackpool.

Downing's ****. Like, really ****. All he does is carry the ball 40 yards from goal, turn back, give it to the full back then stand and watch as they try and take someone on. His crossing can't beat the first man, and he can't beat the first man.
Carroll continues to be poor. His work rate is terrible, he doesn't come short. Though when the wingers we have, we can't expect him to score many.
Adam's playing badly recently too.
Though Spearing's still playing well, Henderson's playing well, only fault with him is that I think he should get the ball and try do more with it from time to time.

Don't think anyone could disagree with that statement, he has been a big disappointment in my eyes, which is a pity, because he was so good at Blackpool.

This is what I predicted ever since we got him. He was a one-season-wonder, nothing more, sadly.

all for of them have been pretty average overall. Still dont understand why you bought Henderson. After all that, you still are relying on Gerrard to fire Carroll.

Downing should only ever play the left flank, and be told to do nothing but cross from the byline, Enrique need to do the same. then use the right flank for more interlinking play

Don't think Downing is ****, he has useless right foot, but great cross with his left. It was mistake to play him on rw. Since L'pool doesn't have even decent right winger, I would play Bellamy there, he has fire and pace to beat his man.

Downing's ****. Like, really ****. All he does is carry the ball 40 yards from goal, turn back, give it to the full back then stand and watch as they try and take someone on. His crossing can't beat the first man, and he can't beat the first man.
Carroll continues to be poor. His work rate is terrible, he doesn't come short. Though when the wingers we have, we can't expect him to score many.
Adam's playing badly recently too.
Though Spearing's still playing well, Henderson's playing well, only fault with him is that I think he should get the ball and try do more with it from time to time.
need to play Downing on the left, he is just too **** and predictable on the right. He can cross, we all know that. That should be his only instruction really. Give Carroll some service and see what he can do. Has he ever been a hard working striker? Think Spearing did decent tonight, didn't give fouls away and stuck to his job. Don't rate Henderson that much, he seems to do **** all. I can barely remember him being mentioned against city. he either just a simple side ways pass or tries to do better and loses the ball.

Back