The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
But unlike some, Mario Gómez scores goals and tracks back quite effectively.

Well, it's opinion and that's it.
Carroll's more a Mario Gomez style than a Drogba style.

I don't think Carroll is fast and and I don't think he has the techinical abilities that Drogba has.

Last edited:
Give Carroll a chance for goodness sake. Players do improve-as will Carroll. As a matter of fact

Give Carroll a chance for goodness sake. Players do improve-as will Carroll. As a matter of fact

If I were you, I wouldn't use the sentence "As a Matter of Fact" here, unless you have proves the he willl IMPROVE.
Post a print screen of Carroll in the future, please.

If I were you, I wouldn't use the sentence "As a Matter of Fact" here, unless you have proves the he willl IMPROVE.
Post a print screen of Carroll in the future, please.

Don't be foolish boy

Well, I just hope in the near future we all can talk about Carroll's improvement in the same way we can now talk about Lucas.

He needed some time, he did pretty bad in past and look what he's become now.

Last edited:
Well, it's opinion and that's it.
Carroll's more a Mario Gomez style than a Drogba style.

I don't think Carroll is fast and and I don't think he has the techinical abilities that Drogba has.
Well, Gómez is fast. :)

But unlike some, Mario Gómez scores goals and tracks back quite effectively.

Perhaps. And perhaps I was being unfair on Gomez when I said that he offers nothing to a team when he isn't scoring. My slightly changed point stands though: Gomez is a forward who deals primarily in goals, whereas Drogba and Carroll are both too rounded to be considered primarily goalscorers rather than anything else.

Carroll WON'T become one of the best strikers in the world, as a matter of fact.

Though he may improve to play much better than he's playing now (and for what he played at Newcastle we have to agree that he can), I can't see him as a top striker.

I can't see any point in comparing him with Drogba for all the reasons already mentioned.
To be honest, Carroll is more like a Mario Gomez who doesn't score goals (atm, at least).

**** if only Commoli had your phone number he would of used your valuable psychic insight into the development of a young player.

Why not compare him with Drogba? They play similar roles, the main difference being age. Why not compare him with Drogba, Zamora, or pretty much any other big target men when they were only 22.

Cuz Drogba is so much more than big target man.. he's perfect striker, Carroll isn't.

Cuz Drogba is so much more than big target man.. he's perfect striker, Carroll isn't.

Yet.

You know what Drogba was when he was 23? A pretty average big target man striker plying his trade in the French Ligue 2.

**** if only Commoli had your phone number he would of used your valuable psychic insight into the development of a young player.

Why not compare him with Drogba? They play similar roles, the main difference being age. Why not compare him with Drogba, Zamora, or pretty much any other big target men when they were only 22.

Carroll might prove all his critics wrong (including me) and for god sake, I hope he does.
But what I see atm is more an error of judgment from Comolli when he bought him (and I don't discuss prices or anything else, I know that in this case, the circunstances, more than anything, made the prices).

I can see him as decent player, but I can't see him doing as Drogba, again, due to his lack of techinique.

Not saying he's bad and won't develop, also not saying he's a bad target man as well, but even at 22, he should already be playing a bit better than he's actually palying.

Yet.

You know what Drogba was when he was 23? A pretty average big target man striker plying his trade in the French Ligue 2.
Yep, I know. Carroll has potential, but I doubt he can be perfect striker like Drogba. I think Jan Koller type of player suits Carroll more.

Yep, I know. Carroll has potential, but I doubt he can be perfect striker like Drogba. I think Jan Koller type of player suits Carroll more.

According to who? At 23, there was no way people thought Drogba would become one of the most fearsome forwards in recent times

Yet.

Yep Drogba did not look like become the Drogba we know in the prem.

According to who? At 23, there was no way people thought Drogba would become one of the most fearsome forwards in recent times

I have to admit I do like Carroll. Although he is frustrating to watch at times - I'd rather have him than Torres at the moment.

Well, I'm sharing my opinion. Carroll current type of play suggest me that he will never be a 'perfect striker'. Good tower striker yes. Time will tell :)

Well, I'm sharing my opinion. Carroll current type of play suggest me that he will never be a 'perfect striker'. Good tower striker yes. Time will tell :)

So I assume that if you were to watch Drogba 10 or so years ago you would dismiss him?

Back