The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I've noticed a lot of our players are very one-footed.

Enrique only uses left foot
Downing only uses left foot
Carroll only uses left foot
Henderson occasionally uses left foot
Adam occasionally uses right foot (and the pass/cross/shot is usually better than with his left foot)

Very annoying when a play is broken up because one of our players is ****-bent on using his strong foot - no matter the circumstance.

Got all worried there for a second XD

People need to stop naming his price tag!!

He didn't choose to be sold for £35m. If you want to blame someone, blame Dalglish. He was the one who paid that ridiculous ammount.

Wont stop people saying about the price though. Its the same with Torres he didnt choose to be bought for £50 mil as Carroll didnt choose to be bought for £ 35 mil but them two seem to get blamed for their prices more then the ones who bought them.

No really, didn't see him at all. Not saying he's playing badly or something, its... just strange..

wouldn't say that. he was non-existent

This coming from the person who said we were outclassed/outplayed against Citeh tonight.

I think I'll take you opinion with a pinch of salt.

This coming from the person who said we were outclassed/outplayed against Citeh tonight.

I think I'll take you opinion with a pinch of salt.
someone's a bit bitter. if you think you gave city a good game tonight, you're incredibly ignorant. They never looked like losing this game, you were toothless

Well, about outclassed part, Jak has right. They were better in every part bar possession.

someone's a bit bitter. if you think you gave city a good game tonight, you're incredibly ignorant. They never looked like losing this game, you were toothless

May I ask how any of what you just said was relevant?

You said we got outclassed. We didn't.

I never said anything about us having teeth, or that City looked like losing or that we gave them a good game.

Well, about outclassed part, Jak has right. They were better in every part bar possession.

They never outclassed us.

Our defeat was more to do with our mistakes and bad play rather than City being good.

May I ask how any of what you just said was relevant?

You said we got outclassed. We didn't.

I never said anything about us having teeth, or that City looked like losing or that we gave them a good game.
By saying you were outclassed I am saying you never looked like winning the game and that you never really caused city problems, bar Downing at the start of the match and Kompany's brilliant block. never being in the game = being outclassed
off to bed now so will debate this later (or someone else will, whatever)
ciao

By saying you were outclassed I am saying you never looked like winning the game and that you never really caused city problems, bar Downing at the start of the match and Kompany's brilliant block. never being in the game = being outclassed
off to bed now so will debate this later (or someone else will, whatever)
ciao

Oh I see now, you don't know the meaning on the term 'outclassed'. Although I do agree with what you said.

Anyway, you opinion is irrelevant to me. I stopped caring about it around 300 pages ago.

They never outclassed us.

Our defeat was more to do with our mistakes and bad play rather than City being good.
Had one 50/50 chance and thats it. You had possession, City had control of the game.
Now, im going to wash my mouth after this, a United fan defending City and agreeing with Leeds fan :D

lack of creativity from the midfield and lack of a clinical goalscorer was our downfall in this match and has been for much of the season.

lack of creativity from the midfield and lack of a clinical goalscorer was our downfall in this match and has been for much of the season.
Tbh, Carroll couldn't score, cuz he had zero useful balls :S

To be fair. Reina should have saved the first two goals imo, and the penno shouldn't have been given, so I wouldn't say they were outclassed, and in parts of the game Liverpool were all over City, had they actually capitalised on their chances, and their defence/keeper had actually played better and not been bummed by the ref, the result could have gone either way.

Although, I still think the midfield is lacking creativity and the wingers are lacking the explosive pace/trickery to get to the by-line to put in a cross for Carroll, which would be my game plan if I was KD, you can't play the same way you would when you have Suarez up front.

Tbh, Carroll couldn't score, cuz he had zero useful balls :S

And when he did get the ball, he was extremely isolated.

Saw plenty of useful balls played to him against Newcastle on Friday, and he was unlucky not to score, but tonight I don't recall seeing any balls whipped into the box.

To be fair. Reina should have saved the first two goals imo, and the penno shouldn't have been given, so I wouldn't say they were outclassed, and in parts of the game Liverpool were all over City, had they actually capitalised on their chances, and their defence/keeper had actually played better and not been bummed by the ref, the result could have gone either way.

Although, I still think the midfield is lacking creativity and the wingers are lacking the explosive pace/trickery to get to the by-line to put in a cross for Carroll, which would be my game plan if I was KD, you can't play the same way you would when you have Suarez up front.

When we play Carroll we lack midfield runners as well. It's all well and good Carroll winning these flick ons, but it's pointless if nobody wants to run beyond him. Like you said, Kenny needs to change his game plan.

Downing should play as a traditional left winger, get to the byline and get a good cross in. We just need someone for the right wing.

Also agree that we need creativity in the middle. Adam has been very, very poor the last 2/3 games as has Henderson. Although, I don't think he'll ever be good enough to play central midfield for Liverpool - might even be better on the right wing.

For me, we should sign a creative midfielder, a right winger and a prolific striker if we can this window.

I know what you mean about midfield runners.

I think it was 2mins in and Carroll flicked on a long ball and nobody was near it so he had a go at them.

From the initial cross that Jose Enrique 'aimed' at Carroll in the opening minute or so I knew it would be a long game.

Back