The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Anyone know why the match against Oldham was moved to a Friday evening and then not even televised anywhere in Europe? Except Setanta Ireland who have just got the rights to show it in the past hour.

English football is run by incompetent fools?

Anyone know why the match against Oldham was moved to a Friday evening and then not even televised anywhere in Europe? Except Setanta Ireland who have just got the rights to show it in the past hour.

I think you'll find it's because Everton are also playing at home this weekend so one game had to be moved to a different time and day.

Maybe so but never mind.

When was it moved to Friday. Either someone should have seen that it was on a Friday ages ago, and sorted out the TV rights, or they moved it late, which should have been sorted out straight away the draw was done anyway.

What, a, balls, up.

1-1 atm

Simpson scored first for oldham 2 minutes later Bellamy equalised.

Quite a good game :P

2-1

Gerrard Penalty.

Maxi pushed from the behind in the box defo pen 10 seconds before halftime.

4-1

Andy carrol came on for Kuyt

Scores a great goal first time hit on the turn just needs to replicate that in the prem.

5-1 it ends

Carrol misses a header from 7yards seconds later downing smashes in his effort.

Last edited:
OSullivanMUFC Seán O'Sullivan
Oldham player Tom Adeyemi (yes, he's black) has reacted strongly to something said from someone in The Kop. He's in tears.

sachinnakrani sachin nakrani
Worryin moment at anfield where apparently one of oldhams black players has been left very upset with something said to him my kop fan.

If this is true and proved I can see hefty punishment for Liverpool. The one/few who abused Oldham player are not making any favors for Suarez and Liverpool. People should move on, so this incident will die once we get another big news.

Glad to see Carroll and Downing get a goal

OSullivanMUFC Seán O'Sullivan

sachinnakrani sachin nakrani

If this is true and proved I can see hefty punishment for Liverpool. The one/few who abused Oldham player are not making any favors for Suarez and Liverpool. People should move on, so this incident will die once we get another big news.

If it's an individual then it's ridiculous for Liverpool to be punished.

2140: Oldham midfielder Tom Adeyemi takes a throw-in and then turns to confront a spectator in the front few rows at Anfield. He is seriously unhappy here with something that was said to him and looks close to tears. The game is stopped for a few minutes and Steven Gerrard has a word with Adeyemi. Play is back under way now but we may hear more about that one.

BBC Live Friday Football

If it's an individual then it's ridiculous for Liverpool to be punished.

Yeah if it's only an individual then probably stadium ban for years/lifetime, but if it is a group then maybe 1 or 2 games behind closed doors. (If the reports about racially abusing is true). There are chances that the player maybe upset with abuse too.

Would Soldado swap Valencia for Liverpool though? At Valencia he's comfortably third in the league, with a bright young manager, a wonderful new stadium and a team capable of good things in both the Champions League and La Liga. At Liverpool he could finish anywhere from 3rd to about 6th, doesn't have CL football and isn't necessarily one of the teams most likely to get it, either.

Agree with all the above, Unai Emery is much better than KK according to me considering the miacles he has worked with a **** budget but if he wants to win troohies, i feel Liverpool are more capable of doing tha compared to Valencia considering how Valencia are forced to sell their best players every summer aqnd no doubt, Soldado will be a hiot property in the summer transfer window

Disgusting individual who needs a life ban from every football ground.

Liverpool have been thrust into another race hate row, after a fan was arrested on suspicion of racially abusing Oldham player Tom Adeyemi.

The incident occurred towards the end of the FA Cup tie, when a fan screamed abuse at the young full back, and visibly upset, he turned to confront the man.Adeyemi was visibly upset, and seemed to be in tears.

Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard moved across to the corner of the ground where the incident occurred, and comforted the 20 year old.
Eye witnesses saw two fans wearing Luis Suarez t-shirts, and heard one of them clearly shout "You f***ing black b***ard".

Full story here

because people would rather watch Wycombe vs Huddersfield :)

Back to the game rather than one silly individual...

Downing, Carroll, Shelvey all scoring...Good day. Decent performance, Coates and Carragher were a bit shaky. Bellamy was superb.

No #LFC fans were arrested on Kop tonight. Three were ejected, but this was unrelated to the #Adeyemi incident. I was there & spoke to cops ----- @NickParrottBBC

Don't jump to conclusions people, no one truly knows yet.

I love the way the media automatically assume its a racist comment....

Also, something I noticed slightly before the incident. Oldham fans singing "Dirty scouse bastards", as well as bin dipping songs etc etc, then chants calling Liverpool racist. Now, I now the anti-scouse songs are not racist, just discrimination; but it seems like double standards on their parts.

No #LFC fans were arrested on Kop tonight. Three were ejected, but this was unrelated to the #Adeyemi incident. I was there & spoke to cops ----- @NickParrottBBC

Don't jump to conclusions people, no one truly knows yet.

Still think it's fishy myself. People shouting that sort of stuff, wearing those t-shirts........I don't think they were Liverpool fans myself. Just seems a little too suspicious to myself.

Back