The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Anybody else noticing how we are changing our commercial image lately?
Just seen this on the official website:
LeBron James wears Liverpool shirt in press conference.
I think this is great getting a major American sports star involved with the club as it can only help bring in more revenue and exploitation. In truth no European team has 'broke' in to America yet and i have a hope we will be the first.
Also we have been looking at Honda and Kagawa to increse our profile in Japan. We seem to have struck gold with our current board set up as they realise the improtance of gaining new markets.

Yeah, it's nice to have a corporate arm that appears actually to know what it's doing. Wish we'd had one twenty years ago; we wouldn't have had so much fiscal catch-up to do now, AND probably have been ensconced in new 60,000 seater stadium for several years.

Liverpool - Newcastle match stats. Newcastle had better stats overall.

Liverpool FC Vs Newcastle United FC - Match Stats

In this case, the stats were totally irrelevent to the result; against better opposition however.....

Having said that, we seem to consistently yield the bulk of possession to the opposition whilst beating them; perhaps it's a part of Kenny's tactical set-up. Whatever the reason is it's certainly not effecting our positive results.

Anybody else noticing how we are changing our commercial image lately?
Just seen this on the official website:
LeBron James wears Liverpool shirt in press conference.
I think this is great getting a major American sports star involved with the club as it can only help bring in more revenue and exploitation. In truth no European team has 'broke' in to America yet and i have a hope we will be the first.
Also we have been looking at Honda and Kagawa to increse our profile in Japan. We seem to have struck gold with our current board set up as they realise the improtance of gaining new markets.
Yeah, they've been impressing so far but I don't think Kagawa will be sold by Dortmund. He's a pretty good player, after all. I'd like Liverpool to take a closer look at Asia. With all these business with LeBron James, I hugely expect revenue to increase.

Liverpool U18s are just one win away from the Premier Academy League Group C title following a 4-0 success at Wolves on Tuesday afternoon.

An early strike from Toni Silva and a second-half hat-trick from substitute Michael Ngoo did the damage as the Reds moved to within two points of leaders Everton.

The result means that a victory in the return clash at home to Wolves on Friday will clinch top spot and a place in the play-offs.

With our youth academy boys, the future truly is red. Can't believe Suso and Toni Silva haven't played a game this season for the first team. Maybe Sterling too.

what a turn around from kenny. Also loving how well the young lads have done in the first team. the future is bright :)

YDaphus said on his Twitter that we are talking to Palermo about Pastore.

YDaphus said on his Twitter that we are talking to Palermo about Pastore.

I wouldn't really mind Pastore. Not at all. But Palermo would want ALOT for him. But he's a great player.

YDaphus also said he doesn't think Pastore will happen, but not to rule it out. £25m is apparently the price, but he is class and has a great future. Would be a positive move IMO

Well, i wouldn't mind Pastore at all . But i doubt it's gonna happen. But you should never say never.

YDaphus also said he doesn't think Pastore will happen, but not to rule it out. £25m is apparently the price, but he is class and has a great future. Would be a positive move IMO

Hiya mate.

Why would we want Pastore when KK seems intent, according to increasingly solid rumour, on the mighty Charlie Adam as our potential playmaker ?

Seriously, Adam would be a SERIOUSLY cheaper option than trying to get Pastore, & we do need at least 5 positions reinforcing; Pastore would virtually wipe out our transfer kitty on his own.

Not really a feasable option imo. Nice to dream about though - him & Coentrao both !

Hiya mate.

Why would we want Pastore when KK seems intent, according to increasingly solid rumour, on the mighty Charlie Adam as our potential playmaker ?

Seriously, Adam would be a SERIOUSLY cheaper option than trying to get Pastore, & we do need at least 5 positions reinforcing; Pastore would virtually wipe out our transfer kitty on his own.

Not really a feasable option imo. Nice to dream about though - him & Coentrao both !

If Charlie Adam was brought in, I don't think he would go straight into the first time, very much a signing to add depth to the club, whereas I think Pastore could be thrown right in at the deep end, in a few years, he'll be one of the world's best midfielders, and the chance to sign him shouldn't be ignored.

Also, for £25m, I think it would be a great deal, and if rumours are to be believed, then we have a LOT more than £25m in the kitty. If we spend less than £40m in the summer I'll be surprised.

Owners seem to want to make a marquee signing, not sure Pastore would be that option, as not many have heard of him, but I definitely would take him over Charlie Adam for £25m. I'd rather us by 3 world-class players than 6/7 squad-fillers, that's where we went wrong under Hodgson last summer.

I know it's just a dream, but I'd love to see Coentrao in Liverpool colours :P

Love Stevie.. Defo my favourite player at LFC . But went for Lucas. Greatly improved. He deserves it.

Lucas, all day frigging long.

Back