The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Not looking to spark wildfire here but technically singing 'were not racist, we only hate mancs' is racist ;)

No it isn't?

Every christmas when "feed the scousers" gets sung you are being racist. You racist bastards. 8 match ban please FA.

It was a simple analogy meaning even bad players can play well from time to time, and on youtube.

Yeah, that much I know, but popping up with that about 2 hours after the question was answered didn't make much sense really...

Ya liverpool fans XD
[video=youtube;gaNDKK_HGxY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaNDKK_HGxY[/video]

I would like to know one thing. The Glen Johnson "tackle" was a lot worse than Kompany's. Why wasn't it punished? Actually aswell-what the **** was Glen Johnson thinking?

I would like to know one thing. The Glen Johnson "tackle" was a lot worse than Kompany's. Why wasn't it punished? Actually aswell-what the **** was Glen Johnson thinking?
then why was kompany red carded, thats what im asking ;)

then why was kompany red carded, thats what im asking ;)

Simple. Refs aren't allowed to use common sense. Have to follow the law. Which begs the question-once again where was the common sense. The Johnson challenge on Lescott was two footed with both feet off the ground. No card.

Last edited:
Simple. Refs aren't allowed to use common sense. Have to follow the law

me-gusta.jpg

I'm expecting the FA to take retrospective action against Johnson for the challenge.

I'm expecting the FA to take retrospective action against Johnson for the challenge.

Can they do that? I know they can punish things like kicks and elbows that were missed, but tackles? If they can go back and give Glen Johnson his deserved red card why not go back and judge every foul that was made in the game and missed by the incredible Mason. Book Richards for his poor tackle on Johnson and book Ballotelli for his dive as well.

I'm not quite sure why there's such a huge fuss over the tackle. Is it simply because Man City fans are feeling bitter because Kompany was rightly sent off?

PS. There was also a two footed challenge from a Liverpool player in the first half that went unpunished. Obviously nobody cares about that one.

For those who were already asleep by this point, here's the tackle:

BmQV5.gif

No debate really.

Not entirely sure how retrospective action can be performed. I just assumed that since the referee didn't seem to notice the challenge, that the FA can investigate it themselves.

I personally don't think it should be a red card, but if Kompany's was given as such, then I do think the FA will have egg on their face if they fail to address this one mere days later.

They've opened a rather ridiculous can of worms here.

Great tackle by Johnson, 100% ball! I can see why mancini is upset about it though. It wont be doing Liverpool any favours in the timing of the incident, with all the racism rows going on and what not.
These type of challenges are like marmite, love it - or hate it!

Back