The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Not entirely sure how retrospective action can be performed. I just assumed that since the referee didn't seem to notice the challenge, that the FA can investigate it themselves.

I personally don't think it should be a red card, but if Kompany's was given as such, then I do think the FA will have egg on their face if they fail to address this one mere days later.

They've opened a rather ridiculous can of worms here.

If he hasnt seen it then retrospective action can occur if he then says in his report that he would have sent him off if he had seen it.

The FA deserve all the stick they get, they give the refs virtually no leeway when it comes to directives. Yes we understand that two footed tackles can be dangerous, and no one likes bad tackles, but Refs should be allowed to judge each tackle on its merits. Kompany's tackle was spot on. If it had been late, or really taken ball and man, then by all means call it a red. Some refs get criticism because they are poor, but most get it because they are following a directive, which in the light of common sense, often doesnt hold weight.

If Kompany's tackle was a red, then undoubtedly that one from Johnson should have been red too.

But the tackle by Kompany was never red in the first place, so City are victims of poor refereeing. No debate really.

If Kompany's tackle was a red, then undoubtedly that one from Johnson should have been red too.

But the tackle by Kompany was never red in the first place, so City are victims of poor refereeing. No debate really.

In fairness not poor refereeing, but a poor directive.

From a neutral point of view, it should have been a red.. Did Kompany deliberately attack Nani, who happened to get out of the way and didn't batter an eyelid? No.. Neither did Johnson but how were they any different? Two feet, studs up, off the ground. The refereeing this season is diabolical and far from consistent. I could run off a list of decisions against Wigan from 'should-have-been' penalties to 'ghost' corners. It's spoiling the game.

If anything, Johnson's tackle was worse, would have caused more damage than what Kompany's would have done.

The ref has come out and said he DID see the challenge. But didn't think it warranted a card.

You seriously think Johnson will be punished for that challenge? I really hope not.. Don't think it's the FA's job to punish people for tackles post-match.

And, tbf, I thought it was a quality challenge, like a rocket.

And, once again, what does that have to do with... well anything really.

I can't put it any simpler than that.... Don't worry.

These racism jokes are getting boring now and are pretty insensitive.

You seriously think Johnson will be punished for that challenge? I really hope not.. Don't think it's the FA's job to punish people for tackles post-match.

And, tbf, I thought it was a quality challenge, like a rocket.

I can't put it any simpler than that.... Don't worry.

There's not going to be action no. But to be honest I watched it in real time on Sky last night and it looked like half lunge-half tackle and dangerous.

But what's done is done I guess. Nothing more to be done.

Btw I wasn't being nasty or anything. I just think it's really unfair that a player of Gerrards quality hasn't been able to add a title winners medal to his collection. He's been fantastic for the club and just feel he deserves a PL winners medal.

Back