The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Steven Gerrard said:
I am living the dream as the captain of one of the biggest clubs in the world

He must be dreaming if he thinks Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world
(6)

Joke

You reckon he will pursue a career in coaching or management?

With what players earn now, I think a lot of the elite players will just retire and not go into management or coaching.

I reckon he won't go into management, but probably coaching of some sort. Not sure why. But I think Carra will go into management, probably the reserve side, and possibly work his way up after Kenny leaves. If Carra doesn't have the stuff to be a manager, he'll definitely make a great defensive coach.

Hope we can get through and win a cup at last.

also, yeah you don't, despite being told constantly on IRC etc., Scott, please give it a rest!

Calm down, Scott.

Scott the troll??

Btw I wasn't being nasty or anything. I just think it's really unfair that a player of Gerrards quality hasn't been able to add a title winners medal to his collection. He's been fantastic for the club and just feel he deserves a PL winners medal.

It'll come. ;)

Hate the way everyones overreacting over stevies fitness lately. "He's past it, he's injury prone, he's gonna retire soon". The guys 31 years of age. And since he returned he's been outstanding. It takes players forever to return to form after long injuries and stevie's putting them in their place.

My opinion of mancini has really changed recently. He's ******* retarded. The journalists will ask him a question and, after a minute of herp and derps, replies with an answer that has nothing to do with the question at hand. The guys a ****, and should've won every competition they've been in with the money he's had.

You reckon he will pursue a career in coaching or management?

With what players earn now, I think a lot of the elite players will just retire and not go into management or coaching.

to be fair, I think many of the elite footballers enter coaching or management because of their love for the game and their desire to continue to be involved in it rather than the money, if they wanted money they could get it easily talking **** on the television as a pundit instead of taking a high-profile, high pressure job and much more difficult job like management or a less-paying job like coaching

to be fair, I think many of the elite footballers enter coaching or management because of their love for the game and their desire to continue to be involved in it rather than the money, if they wanted money they could get it easily talking **** on the television as a pundit instead of taking a high-profile, high pressure job and much more difficult job like management or a less-paying job like coaching

Not really. coaching is not everyone's cup of tea, few likes to do analysis, presentations and all. Some players move as they can't do coaching as not every player can go on to become coach.

Last edited:
I don't get it oO)

Oh, you don't?

Scott (you), was a member a while ago, who got a permanent ban from this site, then the account you are on now started to post, a mod (not fully sure which one) noticed your IP was the same as Scott's (or something along those lines).

The majority of us know it's you, Scott. Just give up.

Oh, you don't?

Scott (you), was a member a while ago, who got a permanent ban from this site, then the account you are on now started to post, a mod (not fully sure which one) noticed your IP was the same as Scott's (or something along those lines).

borg.jpg

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Oh, you don't?

Well then the majority of you are wrong I'm afraid. I'm using my brother's old laptop as he's away to uni and he has used FMB in the past but his name is not Scott. I'll find out what his account name is.

BUT TRUST ME IM NOT SCOTT. Its getting old now.

Just wanna say, I find W4NKER's avatar offensive. I'd report it, but I couldn't find the button.

Now on topic, hopefully a good pounding for Stoke today, shame Spearing won't play, he'd give them a taste of their own medicine.

Just wanna say, I find W4NKER's avatar offensive. I'd report it, but I couldn't find the button.

Now on topic, hopefully a good pounding for Stoke today, shame Spearing won't play, he'd give them a taste of their own medicine.

Just seen it myself oO)

Bang out of order

But also. I think Carra will not only be a great defensive coach for Liverpool but also for England in the future.

Overall, really poor performance. Stoke didn't attack the entire time, they just relied on Shawcross hoofing it every chance they got. Howard Webb is such an ****, it has to be said. 3 penalties we could have/should have had, all the match we were being dragged down in the box, and even if Shawcross had ***** slapped Kuyt until he bled we wouldn't have had a penalty. Webb should be banned from officiating us, he's just ******* dreadful. But we can't blame him alone, we just didn't play well enough. We need a striker and winger badly. A 'Darren Bent-esque', and a Junior Hoilett-esque.

Overall, really poor performance. Stoke didn't attack the entire time, they just relied on Shawcross hoofing it every chance they got. Howard Webb is such an ****, it has to be said. 3 penalties we could have/should have had, all the match we were being dragged down in the box, and even if Shawcross had ***** slapped Kuyt until he bled we wouldn't have had a penalty. Webb should be banned from officiating us, he's just ******* dreadful. But we can't blame him alone, we just didn't play well enough. We need a striker and winger badly. A 'Darren Bent-esque', and a Junior Hoilett-esque.

You shouldnt blame him full stop. to say he should be banned from officiating you is ridiculous. hardly all nailed on pens for a start. liverpool were dreadful from the top, KK switched to a safety first tactic and it backfired on him, and the overall execution was terrible

Back