The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
What I didn't understand was Downing was putting in some good crosses-yet he was taken off? Don't get that

What I didn't understand was Downing was putting in some good crosses-yet he was taken off? Don't get that

What i dont understand is Carroll on the bench. KK got it all wrong today, thats the real thing here. Reading the guardian comments very few pool fans were concerned with the reffing, much more concerned with the way they lined up and played

You shouldnt blame him full stop. to say he should be banned from officiating you is ridiculous. hardly all nailed on pens for a start. liverpool were dreadful from the top, KK switched to a safety first tactic and it backfired on him, and the overall execution was terrible

Indeed, it is no excuse, we should have won from other means, but Webb is an atrocity. You're not going to change my opinion on the matter, the man is either an awful referee, or he despises Liverpool. It was not just the penalty claims, it was the entire match.

Though the defending did work, it's not how we should have lined up, but the back three stopped all threats easily. Johnson was creative higher up, Kuyt worked well but there was no support for him.

What i dont understand is Carroll on the bench. KK got it all wrong today, thats the real thing here. Reading the guardian comments very few pool fans were concerned with the reffing, much more concerned with the way they lined up and played

That's true. £35 million pound sitting on the bench. Though there may be justification for paying way too much for him, to have him not starting....well it surprised the **** out of me. I don't think he's going to be at Anfield next season. How's he supposed to get better when he's not starting. It would be a real shame if in the future he never reached his full potential, because he stayed at Anfield and he was regularly coming off the bench. No disrespect to Liverpool, but I'd rather see him at a club like Newcastle where he'd start regularly, and would have a chance to realise his potential.

Indeed, it is no excuse, we should have won from other means, but Webb is an atrocity. You're not going to change my opinion on the matter, the man is either an awful referee, or he despises Liverpool. It was not just the penalty claims, it was the entire match.

Or, they werent as nailed on as you think. highlights are on now so can look again

I saw 3 incidents, that are not nailed on. 1 i would rule out straight away, 2 looked iffy without being sure.

Last edited:

Webb is an international FIFA referee. England is one of only very few countries who have 2 referees listed as such. Clearly, our refereeing standards aren't bad relative to every other country. What's an atrocity is how personal people take decisions that go against them, they got it wrong, but that's it, there's no conspiracy for or against any team, only the most short sighted and close minded fans think so. They're severely hindered by a lack of help. There's a reason every other sport, every other field that could be impacted by human error have used technology extensively to rid human error, but it seems football is stuck in the dark ages.

Well then the majority of you are wrong I'm afraid. I'm using my brother's old laptop as he's away to uni and he has used FMB in the past but his name is not Scott. I'll find out what his account name is.

BUT TRUST ME IM NOT SCOTT. Its getting old now.

Okay we believe you. I hated that scott, he was a right horrible ******* and nobody liked him.

Didn't get to see the game today, but just saw the highlights. Gotta hand it to stoke, they're dirty tactics work so efficiently. Thought carroll got threw around like a ragdoll once he came on. Why haven't we signed a ******* striker!!

Okay we believe you. I hated that scott, he was a right horrible ******* and nobody liked him.

Didn't get to see the game today, but just saw the highlights. Gotta hand it to stoke, they're dirty tactics work so efficiently. Thought carroll got threw around like a ragdoll once he came on. Why haven't we signed a ******* striker!!

Dalglish got it wrong tactically today, and it was compounded by the poor execution of just about every player on the pitch. You are in trouble when your most creative player is Johnson

The links not working for me. Which is good because it means loads of people are trying to get on, but also bad because it means we're not getting as many signatures as we should be.

The links not working for me. Which is good because it means loads of people are trying to get on, but also bad because it means we're not getting as many signatures as we should be.

Desperately tragic, but not sure what recalling witnesses so late will achieve. will sign when its up, though, still worth a ray of hope

Back