• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
We have the money, so eh I don't mind.

Also, what's with the uber-cool coloured names D;

Offical Announcement:
Warrior unvieled as new Kit Supplier.

( I know its old news but its the first official announcement)

The deal, which will come into play from June 1st​ 2012, will see Warrior create the Liverpool FC home, away and third kits, as well as their training wear for the next six years.
Owned by Boston based New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc., the move represents the starting point in Warrior Sports' global football journey partnering with one of the biggest club sides in the history of world football. Warrior Sports recognises the heritage of Liverpool FC and has employed industry experts in design, development, marketing and implementation to ensure that the brand has the best people on hand to support the Partnership.
Richard Wright, General Manager for Warrior Sports comments: "At Warrior Sports we pride ourselves on high performance and an incredible desire to win. Our Partnership with Liverpool FC, a football institution and recognised brand name across the world, is the perfect fit. Warrior Sports has ventured into football to bring our knowledge of making top level product to a new playing field. We are not the sort of brand that is going to keep our head down. We are here to shake up the world of football and our Partnership with one of the most successful club teams of all time is just the start."
Ian Ayre, Managing Director of Liverpool Football Club, added: "Liverpool FC is thrilled to be able to announce this fantastic Partnership with Warrior Sports for the 2012-2013 Barclays Premier League season onwards. This is another landmark deal for Liverpool Football Club and once again shows the value of the Club's brand globally. Warrior Sports will bring its own unique brand and ideas to the Partnership, ensuring that they can assist us at the Club both on and off the field of play. Sharing the same focus of domination and winning will be an incredibly important part of this Partnership going forward. As with all our Partnerships we have taken time to form a relationship with the individuals behind this opportunity. I believe that Warrior have some outstanding people we can work closely with to continue to deliver quality products to our fans around the world."

First of all, I want to say that I'm replying to this thread for a school assignment. I'm an English teacher trainee from Holland and I have to do this assignment as part of a little project. You should not see this as an offensive reaction to Liverpool or a reply on something or someone. It’s just my opinion and there’s no need to reply if you don’t agree.

Liverpool has always been my favourite club but I’m really doubting if Fenway Sports Group is going to bring The Reds back to where they belong, the top. Even though Liverpool is the sixth most valuable football team in the world, I get a strong feeling that Fenway is only doing it for their profit. There hasn’t been a little bit of success since their ownership. They spent more than fifty million pounds on players that haven’t proven anything since day one.
Andy Carroll’s transfer has been a complete failure and I really can’t imagine that he will ever be a key player for Liverpool. They will never get the paid fee of £35 million back by shirt sales or otherwise.
Also, Stewart Downing has barely shown anything yet and I think most of us can agree that he’s nothing more than a B-class player. Same goes for Charlie Adam.
I’m still hoping that Jordan Henderson will turn out to be a good player. He has been doing quite good lately and is one of the only recently bought players that impressed me, along with José Enrique.
José Enrique has been quite a revelation in my opinion. He’s a great player and is one of the only players that shows combativeness during a match.
In my opinion, Liverpool should really buy some top foreign players. It’s nice to have a lot of homegrown and English players but we can all agree on the fact that the level of English talents has bagged a lot in the last couple of years.
Nevertheless, I’m still very proud of what Liverpool achieved. It will always be a great club. Love for the Merseyside!

First of all, I want to say that I'm replying to this thread for a school assignment. I'm an English teacher trainee from Holland and I have to do this assignment as part of a little project. You should not see this as an offensive reaction to Liverpool or a reply on something or someone. It’s just my opinion and there’s no need to reply if you don’t agree.

Liverpool has always been my favourite club but I’m really doubting if Fenway Sports Group is going to bring The Reds back to where they belong, the top. Even though Liverpool is the sixth most valuable football team in the world, I get a strong feeling that Fenway is only doing it for their profit. There hasn’t been a little bit of success since their ownership. They spent more than fifty million pounds on players that haven’t proven anything since day one.
Andy Carroll’s transfer has been a complete failure and I really can’t imagine that he will ever be a key player for Liverpool. They will never get the paid fee of £35 million back by shirt sales or otherwise.
Also, Stewart Downing has barely shown anything yet and I think most of us can agree that he’s nothing more than a B-class player. Same goes for Charlie Adam.
I’m still hoping that Jordan Henderson will turn out to be a good player. He has been doing quite good lately and is one of the only recently bought players that impressed me, along with José Enrique.
José Enrique has been quite a revelation in my opinion. He’s a great player and is one of the only players that shows combativeness during a match.
In my opinion, Liverpool should really buy some top foreign players. It’s nice to have a lot of homegrown and English players but we can all agree on the fact that the level of English talents has bagged a lot in the last couple of years.
Nevertheless, I’m still very proud of what Liverpool achieved. It will always be a great club. Love for the Merseyside!

Though I do agree in some aspects with what you say-Enrique has been an excellent player this season, think it's a bit harsh on Adam. He's not been as good, as Lucas has been out. When Lucas plays, Adam can play his game as there is a rock behind him and in front of the back four, and Adam can concentrate on what he does best by spraying the ball. Once Lucas returns, Adam will start playing well again.

Last edited:
If they are doing this purely for profit like you say, then why **** have they wasted so much on transfers? Kind of like shooting yourself in the foot before starting a marathon.

1) Liverpool haven't won anything yet because their team was crumbling and demoralised when Fenway took over. The vast investment they pumped into the club was required to get them operating as a dangerous top-level, top-end challenging club again.

2) You say they'll never get back Carroll's money, yet also say Fenway are only in it for the profit? Huh.

3) Downing is a B-Class player? Someone didn't watch Villa last season. Moreover, he's definitely shown glimpses of his talent - was it against Wolves last year where he ran the game and hit the bar with a thunderous strike? - just not consistently. Charlie Adam has, contrary to popular opinion, been a good player for 'Pool. 21 apps, 2 goals, 4 assists, 36 key passes, 0.5 accurate throughballs per game. The stats don't lie.

4) Top foreign players... like, say, Luis Suarez? The time will come for buying abroad. Perhaps it already has, but the main thing Fenway wanted to do was establish Liverpool as a force in the Premier League as soon as possible. Buying Prem players is the quickest way to do that, minimising the bedding-in time that plagues so many foreign players.

Liverpool has always been my favourite club but I’m really doubting if Fenway Sports Group is going to bring The Reds back to where they belong, the top. Even though Liverpool is the sixth most valuable football team in the world, I get a strong feeling that Fenway is only doing it for their profit.

Nobody runs a football team just for the profit. It's not a good business.

Enrique has been playing in England for 4.5 years, why can't commentators get to grips with the fact that he is called José, not Luis?

Tactically inept yet again.

Sigh.

Kevin Friend's a bit of a **** too. How was that not a foul?!

Last edited:
Back