The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Sorry Danny but that's just completely false. Here's something I posted after someone posted a ridiculous statement after the Blackburn game......

The Original Statement: "LFC PL, FAC & EL points per game: Hodgson: 1.57 -v- Dalglish: 1.68. Money spent: Hodgson: £22.45m -v- Dalglish £114.75m” Opta put them on twitter earlier.

The Response: I find it hard to believe those stats were posted by Opta simply because they're embarrassingly cherry picked in favour of Hodgson by including the EL qualifiers and group stage games he played. It also included the one FA Cup game Dalgish played and lost (Manchester Utd) but didn't include the one League Cup game Hodgson played and lost (Northampton). Full stats....

Hodgson 2010/11
PL = 1.25 (20 Games) (47.5 Points if extrapolated to a full 38 game season)
EL = 2.2 (10 Games)
LC = 0 (1 Game)
FA = N/A

Dalglish 2010/11
PL = 1.83 (18 Games)
EL = 1 (4 Games)
LC = N/A
FA = 0 (1 Game)

Dalglish 2011/12
PL = 1.72 (18 Games)
EL = N/A
LC = 3 (4 Games)
FA = N/A

Dalglish Total
PL = 1.78 (32 Games) (67.6 Points if extrapolated to a full 38 game season)
EL = 1 (4 Games)
LC = 3 (4 Games)
FA = 0 (1 Game)

Let's skew the stats in Dalglish's favour, not that it's needed...

Premier League + League Cup
Hodgson = 1.19 Points Per Game
Dalglish = 1.9 Points Per Game

Exactly.

And with hodgson, the team was playing terribly. With Kenny, we've been playing really well but we've hit the post and bar more times than we've scored. Don't even compare the two, I feel sick when I think of Hodgson. I'm only 19 years old, and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting grey hairs 20 years earlier than the average human because of this ****.

any of you guys vaguely know whereabouts block 127 is? can't find it anywhere on your website!

It's been a long time coming but we're finally going back to Wembley! :D

Have to say an absolute cracker of a game-proper cup semi-final

Great game really enjoyed it.

Hopefuly i can get some tickets for wembley :P

that was pretty boss. We were boss. Off to Wembley we goooo, and my oh my we deserve it.

Would have been a better final if the final was vs Manchester City, but it is still good to see Liverpool rising to its former status.

any of you guys vaguely know whereabouts block 127 is? can't find it anywhere on your website!

Towards the corner of Anfield road I think. Know someone who went? It might of been this ginger kid that was giving us the fingers when Dzeko scored. Haha, loser.

Well done Liverpool; well deserved win.

Very good for the neutral. :)

Bad for your health as a Liverpudlian though. That David Silvas a health hazard. Every time he attacked I was screaming at the team to close him down!!

[video=youtube;TBZzTBX17mU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBZzTBX17mU&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;0xioTaHGbgY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xioTaHGbgY&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;IXUWFIVNqpY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXUWFIVNqpY[/video]

Just a shame that Dowd awarded the "penalty" against Richards. Took the news away from the game and now they're just talking about that decision

Yes. If both penalties had swung the other way (as I personally think Dowd got them both wrong), then Liverpool may well have been on the losing end last night.

Still, a deserved win on the basis of play over both legs for me, regardless of decisions.

Yes. If both penalties had swung the other way (as I personally think Dowd got them both wrong), then Liverpool may well have been on the losing end last night.

Still, a deserved win on the basis of play over both legs for me, regardless of decisions.

Definately. Bellamy fully deserved his standing ovation when he came off. Outstanding.

Back