The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
We're missing Lucas so much, more then Suarez, if Lucas had been playing today, I'm confident we'd have picked up the win, as I'd imagine he'd have been playing instead of Adam, which would have been ideal, as Adam is just useless, or has been this season, he thinks he's better then he actually is, Lucas would have bossed the center of the park today, I'm sure of it, and it'd have given Gerrard more freedom to bomb forward and support Carroll, who needs the support.

Now, talking of Carroll, £35m? And what do we have 6 goals.. (Could be worse, we could have bought Torres for £50m), today was probably he best game for us, his header to Bellamy for the goal was great, some of the passes he made were quality, but apart from today he doesn't seem to put the effort in, he's always running late into the box when he should be in there challenging for the headers, he'd have more goals by now doing so.

I hope we buy a striker before the window closes (unlikely), Suarez will get goals, but we can't just have one striker who knows where the goal is, and not even he knows fully where it is (maybe we should buy a map this window?)

Also, I know Kenny is a Liverpool legend, but all our fans need to get there heads from out his ****, if Roy was manager, we'd be calling for the sack, I'm not saying Kenny should be sacked, as he's an improvement on Roy and what Roy did.. But he HAS made mistakes, he isn't gods gift to football, like a large majority of them think.

Kenny Dalglish just said some players won't be in red shirts much longer if play like that again. Said they were disrespectful. Strong. #lfc

****** right on. From the current team, I can see Carroll, Downing, Kuyt, Adam, are gonna have to up their game fast.

We're missing Lucas so much, more then Suarez, if Lucas had been playing today, I'm confident we'd have picked up the win, as I'd imagine he'd have been playing instead of Adam, which would have been ideal, as Adam is just useless, or has been this season, he thinks he's better then he actually is, Lucas would have bossed the center of the park today, I'm sure of it, and it'd have given Gerrard more freedom to bomb forward and support Carroll, who needs the support.

Now, talking of Carroll, £35m? And what do we have 6 goals.. (Could be worse, we could have bought Torres for £50m), today was probably he best game for us, his header to Bellamy for the goal was great, some of the passes he made were quality, but apart from today he doesn't seem to put the effort in, he's always running late into the box when he should be in there challenging for the headers, he'd have more goals by now doing so.

I hope we buy a striker before the window closes (unlikely), Suarez will get goals, but we can't just have one striker who knows where the goal is, and not even he knows fully where it is (maybe we should buy a map this window?)

Also, I know Kenny is a Liverpool legend, but all our fans need to get there heads from out his ****, if Roy was manager, we'd be calling for the sack, I'm not saying Kenny should be sacked, as he's an improvement on Roy and what Roy did.. But he HAS made mistakes, he isn't gods gift to football, like a large majority of them think.

Losing Lucas was a huge, also glad you raise the point about Dalglish. Let the Suarez debacle overshadow the club, and tactically has been hit and miss.

For a man whose confidence is utterly shot, Carroll was good today.

Kenny Dalglish just said some players won't be in red shirts much longer if play like that again. Said they were disrespectful. Strong. #lfc

****** right on. From the current team, I can see Carroll, Downing, Kuyt, Adam, are gonna have to up their game fast.

Dalglish needs to get his act together as well

Kenny could always sell them all and make like 8m. Profit!

I feel so sad right now and embarrased as LFC fan,cannot belive we got spanked by relegation threatened side.So far i was directing my rage at Andy Carrol but after today Kenny is my second to Carrol.He was our saviour after Roy but manager who spent that kind of money and delivered resoults that gets us only 5 more points ahead of Stoke City(no disrespect there but still...) don't deserve to lead this team on,we are just awful and while we can blame players for our inability to score and win games,true man behind LFC current form is Kenny...so much tactical non-sense and forcing failed transfers is backfiring at us every game and it will end up in duking it out for 7th place with likes of Stoke,Everton,Sunderland,etc instead of going into Champs league as we anticipated!I know many LFC fans here will want my head after this but everybody is entitled to his opinion and this is mine...and also i admire Everton for managing to to how they do with being forced to sell key players to survive,if that was case in LFC we would be sitting in League 1. We need a decent manager and decent personell to handle transfers because only ones this year that are worth they salary are Enrique and Bellamy.

1 bad season for rafa and rafa won us a champions league leads to champion league runners up finshed runners up in the premier league fa cup one mistake selling alonso and pluz he didn"t have great owner kenny has great owners and wasted on english player cmon they done jack for us suarez best signing carrol a flop cmon he scored against exeter and oldam wow paying 35 mil for him i wouldn"t pay 10 mil newcastle ahead of us bought players like caybe toite ba player that proven they done well so i recon bring back rafa and alonso

If it was Woy with Woy's record we'd be calling for the sack. If it was Woy with Kenny's record we wouldn't be calling for the sack.

If it was Woy with Woy's record we'd be calling for the sack. If it was Woy with Kenny's record we wouldn't be calling for the sack.

Exactly.

Why are people even comparing the two? Sure we've been getting a lot of draws were we should be getting all three points, but with Woy we we're getting loses left right and centre.

We need to use carroll as a target man with bellamy playing off him. It led to the goal today. Kenny also needs to tell someone to ******* sit infront of the defensive. Stevies the best man for it but then your losing his attacking ability.

Is there even a big difference in points, between the two, over a similar period of matches?

In 20 games with Roy you had 25 points, in 22 games with Kenny you have 35. Sure, you'd expect to be closer to the top after the spending spree, it's not good enough, but it's not that bad. And there's still a little under half a season to go.

Hodgson averaged 1.25 points per game. Kenny averages 1.6. Kenny has spent £80m more. From the 7th of January, you were 4 points better off under Dalglish than Hodgson. And arguably, Dalglish has an inflated average from the morale boost riding the crest of the wave of the 'Return of the King effect', whereas Hodgson was operating during some of the darkest days of the club.

Hodgson averaged 1.25 points per game. Kenny averages 1.6. Kenny has spent £80m more. From the 7th of January, you were 4 points better off under Dalglish than Hodgson. And arguably, Dalglish has an inflated average from the morale boost riding the crest of the wave of the 'Return of the King effect', whereas Hodgson was operating during some of the darkest days of the club.

That's just nitpicking for an excuse to be honest.

On the other hand, would you trust Hodgson with £80 million?

The reason Dalglish had the money to spend was because he was, and is, obviously a far better manager than Hodgson. How much better, time will tell.

Got some stats comparing the season that benitez got sacked, to this season.
Obviously the top one is Benitez's last season in the Prem and the bottom one is Kenny's so far.

GP - PPG - Win% - Draw% - Loss% - GPG - GCPG - GDPG - Points

38 - 1.66 - 47.37 - 23.68 -- 28.95 -- 1.61 - 0.92 - 0.69 -- 63
22 - 1.59 - 40.91 - 36.36 -- 22.73 -- 1.14 - 0.95 - 0.19 -- 35

Just wandering what people make of this because I personally thought Benitez shouldn't of been sacked, or offered to leave by mutual consent or however you want to put it.

Last edited:
Is there even a big difference in points, between the two, over a similar period of matches?

For Kenny to match Woy's points per game record in the Premiership we'd need to lose something absurd like our next 13 games. Never underestimate just how bad Woy was.

Last edited:

When they'd managed the same amount of games, there wasn't much difference.

If Roy was manager now, and all that'd happened that has happened, he'd be sacked, or we'd be calling for his head. But as it's Kenny, and the majority of fans have there head stuck so far up his ****, nothing has been said.

When they'd managed the same amount of games, there wasn't much difference.

If Roy was manager now, and all that'd happened that has happened, he'd be sacked, or we'd be calling for his head. But as it's Kenny, and the majority of fans have there head stuck so far up his ****, nothing has been said.

Sorry Danny but that's just completely false. Here's something I posted after someone posted a ridiculous statement after the Blackburn game......

The Original Statement: "LFC PL, FAC & EL points per game: Hodgson: 1.57 -v- Dalglish: 1.68. Money spent: Hodgson: £22.45m -v- Dalglish £114.75m” Opta put them on twitter earlier.

The Response: I find it hard to believe those stats were posted by Opta simply because they're embarrassingly cherry picked in favour of Hodgson by including the EL qualifiers and group stage games he played. It also included the one FA Cup game Dalgish played and lost (Manchester Utd) but didn't include the one League Cup game Hodgson played and lost (Northampton). Full stats....

Hodgson 2010/11
PL = 1.25 (20 Games) (47.5 Points if extrapolated to a full 38 game season)
EL = 2.2 (10 Games)
LC = 0 (1 Game)
FA = N/A

Dalglish 2010/11
PL = 1.83 (18 Games)
EL = 1 (4 Games)
LC = N/A
FA = 0 (1 Game)

Dalglish 2011/12
PL = 1.72 (18 Games)
EL = N/A
LC = 3 (4 Games)
FA = N/A

Dalglish Total
PL = 1.78 (32 Games) (67.6 Points if extrapolated to a full 38 game season)
EL = 1 (4 Games)
LC = 3 (4 Games)
FA = 0 (1 Game)

Let's skew the stats in Dalglish's favour, not that it's needed...

Premier League + League Cup
Hodgson = 1.19 Points Per Game
Dalglish = 1.9 Points Per Game

Back