The Liverpool Thread

I think Liverpool should be happy with the point, they almost lost the game in last 20 minutes. And its not like Alisson did anything spectacular, both Bruno and Pogba hit the ball straight at him. What's funny, now City is a front runner for the title, and if they win only one of their 2 games in hand, they'll push Liverpool to the 4th place.
Whats even more shocking is that Everton, provided they win, can overtake Liverpool and push them out of CL spot. Now THAT would be something.
Felt Ole missed a trick though. First half was terrible but the gameplan should've been adapted quicker, the defence was their for the taking although Hendo and Fab dealt with it quite well. City have the edge as they have been here before and can easily go on a winning run. Ill reserve my judgement till european knockout footy returns and see how certain teams cope with it.

Felt Ole missed a trick though. First half was terrible but the gameplan should've been adapted quicker, the defence was their for the taking although Hendo and Fab dealt with it quite well. City have the edge as they have been here before and can easily go on a winning run. Ill reserve my judgement till european knockout footy returns and see how certain teams cope with it.
Thats why I think Ole is not the man for the long run. Setting up so defensive when Liverpool were missing half of their defense ( though Fabinho has experience of playing as a CD) is just...meh...ok, he got the point he was going for, but still...
When are Liverpool's big guns coming back?

..... What's funny, now City is a front runner for the title, and if they win only one of their 2 games in hand, they'll push Liverpool to the 4th place.
Whats even more shocking is that Everton, provided they win, can overtake Liverpool and push them out of CL spot. Now THAT would be something.

The Ev’s game in hand is against City right?

They’ll be heads falling off all over that night. They won’t know who to support! 😂😂😂

The Ev’s game in hand is against City right?

They’ll be heads falling off all over that night. They won’t know who to support! 😂😂😂
Yeah, I think so. Imagine the carnage if Everton wins. That'd be 5 teams within 4 points.

Yeah, I think so. Imagine the carnage if Everton wins. That'd be 5 teams within 4 points.

God. SKY would explode.

They’re already killed telling everyone that its a ‘brilliant’ title race when in reality its utter ***** with no team playing well and most games like watching training matches. City are starting to put a run together but they’re up and down as well.

God. SKY would explode.

They’re already killed telling everyone that its a ‘brilliant’ title race when in reality its utter ***** with no team playing well and most games like watching training matches. City are starting to put a run together but they’re up and down as well.
With European football coming back, I feel City will be in even stronger position. Due to Liverpools injury problems, they now have much more depth in their squad.
Are the comeback dates for L'pool injured players known?

Thought Liverpool should of done more to win the game tbh.
What else can they do..? Yes theyr trio up front is in bad form and you had some **** lucky blocking done by horde of players in the box. Saying Pool was lucky not to lose because you shot straight to Alisson is bollocks as the same thing happened other side with some blocks.

You completely decided not to play the game most of the time.
Best thing in the game was Alcantara passing, the way this guy finds people. Was a bit rusty some times but this is understandable from coming back.

This is first half...
1610913346896.png

.....Are the comeback dates for L'pool injured players known?

Matip is hopefully looking at either Thursday or next Sunday. Jota should be back the next few weeks. Which is pretty much it outside of Keita who's being specifically managed and the long term van Dijk and Gomez who’ll be next season.

*Edit*! Tsmikas finally returned to training last week too.

Fabinho was excellent at CB. But playing an offside trap vs Rashford is like taking candy from a baby, So frustrating

What else can they do..? Yes theyr trio up front is in bad form and you had some **** lucky blocking done by horde of players in the box. Saying Pool was lucky not to lose because you shot straight to Alisson is bollocks as the same thing happened other side with some blocks.
I get your point, but even though Liverpool had more chances, I feel like United had better. Best Liverpool chances didn't even get to De Gea, however Uniteds did. I think thats the difference. But a draw is a fair result.

Just goes to show how far we have come tbh. We were getting stronger as the match went on. And Liverpool’s front players were not getting in the match. Love watching Thiago play though even though at times the game can pass him bye a little. Fabinho is also class!

Utd were no different to last season's game at Anfield around the same time.

You’ve come as far as the current circumstances have allowed you take advantage of.
We are a much better outfit than last season in terms of results, fitness, squad and more importantly league standing. Last night the players and manager were disappointed with a draw last season they would have creamed in there pants at getting a draw. Huge shift in mentality. Liverpool are still obviously a better team than us but we are getting there.

I’d be disappointed too being top the league and setting up like Burnley when an injury unbalanced L’pool team is there to be attacked.

All the best next Sunday.

Talking Utd, sorry, Burnley 😛, a horrible, scruffy 1-0 this Thursday would be sound to get out of this funk and things back on track.

City can’t grow the current slim advantage any further.

I would disappointed being a Pool fan how they tailed off in the second half and couldn’t create many CCC against a team managed by a PE teacher but hey ho

If you lived outside the realms of reality you’d be disappointed.

If you didn’t, you’d be frustrated at the current funk whilst safe in the knowledge that they’ve, if anything. massively over achieved to be sat a mere game outside a Utd team at their maximum level, whilst dealing with major injuries alone all year unbalancing the whole side. I wouldn’t like to think how low down the table you’d be with no CH’s and key midfielders back there disrupting and negating your whole style of play but I digress .....

Knowing that the more players return, the more the chances are that funk will end and they’ll go up a level and pull away. City are the only other team in this league capable of matching that.

Any point is a bonus right now.

If you lived outside the realms of reality you’d be disappointed.

If you didn’t, you’d be frustrated at the current funk whilst safe in the knowledge that they’ve, if anything. massively over achieved to be sat a mere game outside a Utd team at their maximum level, whilst dealing with major injuries alone all year unbalancing the whole side. I wouldn’t like to think how low down the table you’d be with no CH’s and key midfielders back there disrupting and negating your whole style of play but I digress .....

Knowing that the more players return, the more the chances are that funk will end and they’ll go up a level and pull away. City are the only other team in this league capable of matching that.

Any point is a bonus right now.
Far from maximum level. Bruno has been poor for a few games. Martial has been poor this season. Rashford poor for a while. Pogba sat on the bench not starting for games. Terrible CB partnership. AWB been poor most the season.

Not saying Pool are not hampered but your team yesterday was still top class with a lot of players I would choose over Utd players.