The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Going to Wemblers for the final. Seven hour round trip from Cardiff, but likely worth it. Hope you won't hate me if I say that I'm leaning towards supporting Cardiff for the match, but hopefully both sets of fans can overcome the weird acoustics of Wembley to create a really good atmosphere.

So, so, happy! We outplayed City in both games, and we wanted it more then them, without a doubt.

Bellamy was outstanding last night, although, so was Joe Hart, and I have to admit this, he is the best GK in the world right now IMO.

It doesn't look like I'll be going to the final, as I doubt there'll be any tickets left (Or is there?), however, if a few of my Liverpool chums are up for it, it's a day in a pub near Wembley for us!

Bellamy was outstanding last night, although, so was Joe Hart, and I have to admit this, he is the best GK in the world right now IMO.

Best in England, sure, but best in the world? Surely an exaggeration...

You don't watch much football outside England, do you?

Yes, I do.
Just because my opinion is different from yours, doesn't mean I'm wrong, or I don't watch football outside of England, does it?

Yes, I do.
Just because my opinion is different from yours, doesn't mean I'm wrong, or I don't watch football outside of England, does it?

Well, in this case, I am very inclined to say it does.

Yes, I do.

Casillas, Neuer, Lloris are all better keepers, and I'm sure I could think of a lot more if I put some effort in

Towards the corner of Anfield road I think. Know someone who went? It might of been this ginger kid that was giving us the fingers when Dzeko scored. Haha, loser.

Nah its where i am on saturday, i found it on your website (eventually) you're right the corner of the anfield road end

Well, in this case, I am very inclined to say it does.
That's your opinion, see how this works?

Casillas, Neuer, Lloris are all better keepers, and I'm sure I could think of a lot more if I put some effort in
Again, that is your opinion, isn't it?

Maybe even Jose Manuel Reina as well.

I use to think the same, but after watching Joe this year, he's outstanding, City would not be top if it wasn't for him too.

Nah its where i am on saturday, i found it on your website (eventually) you're right the corner of the anfield road end

I'm sitting in the same seat I was last night, which is the tier above you lot. Fancy giving us a wave at half-time?

I use to think the same, but after watching Joe this year, he's outstanding, City would not be top if it wasn't for him too.

Hart and Kompany have been outstanding this season. imo the reason City are top is because of both of them.

It generally should be that the majority's opinion is more likely to be correct. In this situation though, I'd guess that most opinions on 'keepers have been formulated from fm or a handful of games watched, rather than watching a lot of different leagues regularly this season. Of the leagues that I've watched regularly, Hart is right up there, but I again have a limited knowledge. I can't tell you how pleased I am that he's English, hopefully we won't have to worry about that position for at least a decade now.

Going to Wemblers for the final. Seven hour round trip from Cardiff, but likely worth it. Hope you won't hate me if I say that I'm leaning towards supporting Cardiff for the match, but hopefully both sets of fans can overcome the weird acoustics of Wembley to create a really good atmosphere.

Screw you man :( Doubt I'll get tickets :( ******* CC credits needed, because we had pretty much every match bar one away from home, I only have one. Ah well, always the possibility it goes to PL credits too. :3

That's your opinion

Actually, no. It's the opinion of, well, most of the football world. Casillas, Neuer, Adler when he's not in the infirmary, even Gigi has been great so far, and if you push me I'd go as far as to say ter Stegen is better than him, that kid is really something. Both Mandanda and Lloris are very good as well but maybe it's because Ligue 1 isn't as demanding as the EPL, but IMO, a view shared by many, all of them are above Hart at the moment. I could add one or two but I'd probably be pushing it.

That said, Hart is, IMO, the best in the Premier League.

Actually, no. It's the opinion of, well, most of the football world. Casillas, Neuer, Adler when he's not in the infirmary, even Gigi has been great so far, and if you push me I'd go as far as to say ter Stegen is better than him, that kid is really something. Both Mandanda and Lloris are very good as well but maybe it's because Ligue 1 isn't as demanding as the EPL, but IMO, a view shared by many, all of them are above Hart at the moment. I could add one or two but I'd probably be pushing it.

Ok this I agree with. Danny, there is no question that Hart is an outstanding keeper who has been in outstanding form as of late, but how to say it... Saying Hart is the best keeper in the world is a very English one eyed reaction at present.

I have a father in law who supports Milan and I live in France so to be fair, I get to see my fair share of games in other leagues and trust me, Lloris (just to cite one example) makes the type of saves Hart did against us nearly every game he plays in for Lyon.

I decided to comment on your bold statement because it is the typical reaction of a lot of our fans who all of a sudden think we have a world 11 of world class players and then suddenly wonder why we get knocked out of a world/ European cup as soon as we play a half decent team like Portugal.

Joe Hart is the best GK in the world, IMO.

I've said that more then once now.

Back