The Liverpool Thread

1612127329141.png

@Bujakaa92

Ta for the insight. Appreciated.

I must profess I’d never so much as heard about hm before yesterday tea-time. But if we’ve been monitoring him the past 4 seasons, thats all I need to know that he's the right fit to both bring into our changies. And for what we do on the pitch.

Plus Sepp getting 5 months invaluable experience the other way makes this a win/ win.

Last edited:
Ben Davies to Liverpool from Preston, agreement reached and ‘here we go’ in the coming hours! The deal will be completed today for €4m - medicals pending. More: #LFC have not contacted Juventus for Merih Demiral as of today.

🔴

#DeadlineDay

Shkodran Mustafi has reached the agreement with Arsenal to terminate his contract, confirmed! Schalke are set to sign him as Kabak replacement. Last steps as Liverpool are waiting to complete Kabak deal on loan with buy option.

🔴

🏁

#AFC #LFC #S04 #DeadlineDay

Been busy since the win and not been tuned in and now we are about to sign two CB's?? I guess Matip injury is worse than we thought. Not surprised there. The Kabak fella we have bern monitoring for a year or so now so not really surprising we have moved for him. However the Ben Davies fella haven't got a scooby but lets hope he is another hidden gem.

Been busy since the win and not been tuned in and now we are about to sign two CB's?? I guess Matip injury is worse than we thought. Not surprised there. The Kabak fella we have bern monitoring for a year or so now so not really surprising we have moved for him. However the Ben Davies fella haven't got a scooby but lets hope he is another hidden gem.
He will be hidden gem. Hope he gets game time to prove it also. He is late bloomer for football player. Kabak is still a surprise, Schalke has been horrible. He is very young and you will have time to see how he suits Klopp before triggering clause.

..... Kabak is still a surprise, Schalke has been horrible. He is very young and you will have time to see how he suits Klopp before triggering clause.

Never judge a player on either team performance or medals won in a team game mate. Many do. You read it on here a lot that 'x player has been utter _____ for x club.' Foolish way to look at things in the ultimate team sport.

Really good talent. That's not in question. You can rest assured they wouldn't entertain him if he didn't tick all the boxes. And a superb deal financially if it goes ahead.

I'm just personally disappointed that we're bringing someone of his character into our changies. Been down that road with that despicable POS Diouf. I'm all for second chances and he obviously starts with a clean slate. And the manager has obviously signed off on it so there is that. Just wary after recent history with the likes of Diouf and Suarez personally that they're never far from their 'dark' sides coming out.

Welcome to the best side in World football mate. If you didn't tick all the boxes, you wouldn/t be here.

Been super intrigued about this since it broke yesterday tea-time. A deal we really can not lose out on however it pans out. With the added bonus of the next step in Sepp's blossoming development to boot thrown in.

One can only imagine how excited that young man currently is. What a whirlwind 24 hours in his life. Absolutely made up for him.

Super work all-round from the game's top recruitment operation.

Last edited:
This Davies deal is getting better and better.

Preston has a first refusal to loan Sepp again next season. So potentially a year-and-a-half at a solid Championship club as he enters the next stage of his development.

Grab it with both hands mate.

This Davies deal is getting better and better.

Preston has a first refusal to loan Sepp again next season. So potentially a year-and-a-half at a solid Championship club as he enters the next stage of his development.

Grab it with both hands mate.
This would b a weird one

🚨

EXCLUSIVE: Southampton are working on sensational 11th-hour deal to sign Takumi Minamino on loan from Liverpool. Advanced but not done. Excitement at #SaintsFC about possibility of getting 26yo Japan attacking midfielder @TheAthleticUK #LFC #DeadlineDay

Edwards masterclass try before you buy. I wonder why Schalke agreed to this deal as it benefits us more than them? eh not complaining though.
From what I've heard Liverpool offered higher loan fee with the same "option to buy" fee. So it benefits the both parties.

For the second time this evening, welcome to the best side in World football mate.

Despite my reservations on his character, he's here now so starts with a clean slate as it would be defeating the object to not put the past behind him. There's no denying he's a really good talent. That's never been in question. You can rest assured they wouldn't entertain him if he didn't tick all the boxes. And another superb deal financially that we just can't lose out on.

Fantastic opportunity to show the maturity that you belong on the biggest stage of all. Go grab it with both hands.

Matip done for the year. That explains the late-on Kabak addition.

Has to be the beginning of the end for him now sadly surely?

World-class CH when he plays. But that's not worth a **** when he's rarely available.

I really don’t get this one at all?

I mean under normal circumstances, Southampton would be the ideal loan given they are a mirror image of ourselves under Hasenhüttl. It would be the perfect scenario to get him regular PL game-time playing ‘our way.’

But this isn’t ‘normal circumstances.’

We’re deep in a title race with a genuine opportunity to also go real deep in Europe. All in the midst of a mad, congested season where players have been dropping like flies all across the league. We’re now left with the front three and Origi, who, a slightly better outing Sunday aside, continually looks like he has no interest in playing for us, until Jota’s back. And then you’re down to midfielders like big Shaq and Oxo-Chambo filling in who can barely stay healthy themselves.

What we’ve added in defence, we’ve lost in attack in the numbers game and the squad is weaker by subtraction.

All makes zero sense in context and I honestly don’t get the timing of this at all?