The Liverpool Thread

I really don’t get this one at all?

I mean under normal circumstances, Southampton would be the ideal loan given they are a mirror image of ourselves under Hasenhüttl. It would be the perfect scenario to get him regular PL game-time playing ‘our way.’

But this isn’t ‘normal circumstances.’

We’re deep in a title race with a genuine opportunity to also go real deep in Europe. All in the midst of a mad, congested season where players have been dropping like flies all across the league. We’re now left with the front three and Origi, who, a slightly better outing Sunday aside, continually looks like he has no interest in playing for us, until Jota’s back. And then you’re down to midfielders like big Shaq and Oxo-Chambo filling in who can barely stay healthy themselves.

What we’ve added in defence, we’ve lost in attack in the numbers game and the squad is weaker by subtraction.

All makes zero sense in context and I honestly don’t get the timing of this at all?
He has been decent and done more than Origi I guess Klopp has seen something that we haven't and we gotta trust him because I don't understand this one at all either.

The Ev. Doing what the Ev do-

1612255426365.png

This season gets madder and madder with players missing. Alisson out with illness again now. Still, another big step in Quive's development to add to his growing experience. Another clean-sheet and 4-0 win like his only other PL appearance would be just the ticket.

Made up for Jake Cain making the bench again. And Davies straight into the matchday squad. What a whirlwind 3 days for him. From Preston to the World Champions bench! Ecstatic for him.

Straight into these Redmen. Set things up perfectly for a potential title decider Sunday with all the ramifications at stake and next to nottin to chose between City and ourselves.

Up the Title surging Reds!

*Edit* Brilliant to see Lallana on the Brighton bench. Hope he gets to play some part. Gutted we aren't there to thank him if he does. ☹

Last edited:
I haven’t got the words to describe how utter ***** that was.

What a time to turn in your worst display of the season.

Utter wank from back to front.

Congratulations Brighton. Utterly deserved victory.

Nothing more to add. Time for bed.

I know match hasn't finished but that was by far the worst performance of the season. People will look for scapegoat but Klopp got it all wrong with the lineup. The whole left hand side was a non entity with Shaqiri and Robbo. I love Firmino but he has been woefully out of form this season and we have a chance to get someoneelse in there to try and do the job he does in Minamino but he is sold and instead we have Origi to bank on with Jota out. MOTM was Bissouma for me who is the replacement for Wiji for me, who has gone down a level this past month or so and is just disappearing in midfield. If we don't beat City at Anfield then with this topsy turvy season make sure we get top 4 is vital.

Eh, this is city's title to lose at this point. I see a repeat of the 2017/2018 season where they walked the league

Last edited:
Eh, this is city's title to lose at this point. I see a repeat of the 2017/2018 season where they walked the league
It was whoever could get a run going and whoever stayed relatively injury free post Jan for me. Although knowing us we will beat them at Anfield and then lose the very next week.

I know match hasn't finished but that was by far the worst performance of the season. People will look for scapegoat but Klopp got it all wrong with the lineup. The whole left hand side was a non entity with Shaqiri and Robbo. I love Firmino but he has been woefully out of form this season and we have a chance to get someoneelse in there to try and do the job he does in Minamino but he is sold and instead we have Origi to bank on with Jota out. MOTM was Bissouma for me who is the replacement for Wiji for me, who has gone down a level this past month or so and is just disappearing in midfield. If we don't beat City at Anfield then with this topsy turvy season make sure we get top 4 is vital.
Wiji issue might be because firstly because he has the most minutes under his belt in PL, Robbo beats him only. And secondly the contract issues can have something to do also. Overplayed+contract+injury crisis+bad for = not the best form player can offer.

Bissouma is very interesting player that has risen this year. Definetly will see him moving if they should be relegated, but considering current form cant see it happening unfortunatly.

*A fairly lengthy read, but there are a few things to address.

Ok. Having slept on that carnage from last night, I'm in a whole lot more rational place to comment than I would have been if I'd just fumed in the moment last night.

Let's preface this by applauding Brighton and Potter. There was a lot of absolute bunkum flying around yesterday, before and after the game, about how they'd 'park the bus' and how L'pool would struggle given our bizarre record against the bottom 6 sides this year. Patently from folk who haven't watched any Brighton games to see Graham Potter is the POLAR opposite of that. Does he have his back-line well organised and disciplined? No question. But he's never just 'sat in deep' and played for a draw. He sticks to his principles and try's to play an open, expansive passing-attacking game. As we witnessed in glorious technicolor last night with a goal reminiscent of this L'pool side in its pomp. Such was the quality of the back to front wonderful passing team move from out to in. With a super cross to the finish at the end of it. And they tried to play football all game as they always do. The previous 5 home games against Wolves, Tottenham, West Brom, Utd and Burnley ...... THEY were all against bus parkers. In some cases double-decker parkers! Brighton last night was nottin like that and deserve MASSIVE props for how they approached and played the game. Fully deserved victors and I totally tip my hat to them. If Potter had more resources to add that bit higher quality, I have NO doubt they'd be mid-table pushing the top 10.

But that still doesn't take away just how horrid L'pool was. Outside of Kelleher, who had another really solid game in nets, Phillips, again, and the ever consistent captain, I'm struggling to make a case for ANY player. And that starts with the manager who for once completely and utterly got it wrong. From his team selection, his tactics, to woeful substitutions that were never going to change anything. I mean I know our options are severely limited to change things around, but there's absolutely NO way James Milner should be starting his 4th game in 11 days. And all in our mad crazy midfield with all we ask of that group. Curtis, who's looked great after his recent rest, should have been in from the start to run and commit Brighton and give them something different. I like Shaqiri, but he should never be on the wing. And certainly not the left one at that. He never had any pace when he was younger. Never mind now. And I swear if I see Divock Origi come on again and just stand there, not moving, grinning like he's as much interested in playing togger as Gareth F Bale ..... 🤬

Taking NOTHING away from Brighton it was just a horrific ____show all around.

But, and it's a BIG BUT, we need to add realism and context into the current situation .....

Why are things currently as they are form-wise?

A mate text me last night and one of his lines was ' I just can't get my head around the inconsistency? We go to Tottenham and West Ham and look back to our best. Then tip up against Brighton like we'd never played football together. I just don't get it?' .....

An unprecedented injury list, plain and simple.

Now we should have had enough to beat Brighton personnel-wise last night. This doesn't excuse that. But yet again, we are down half a team of key players. No G/k. None of the top 3 CH's. No Fabinho or Keita from the midfield. And Henderson not in there having to play at the back down to those CH injuries. No Sadio. No Jota to replace him. We had 8 players missing last night. ANd key ones at that. I defy ANY side to overcome that. Heck, Southampton were down 8 first-teamers and lost to Utd 9 the previous night. Stat man Andrew Beasley put out a great tweet that summed everything up-

Again, we aren't talking bit-part players here. The majority of those have been key starters. NO team is overcoming that consistently. Heck, the narrative on City last year was Laporte cost them the league. ONE player. If anything, this season Liverpool has MASSIVELY overachieved to still be where we are in the league and with Europe to look forward to in the coming weeks. That's the only perspective anyone needs to understand the up and down results.

The rest of the season.

As for the rest of the season, I don't think you give up on the league at all as many reactionary folks have suggested. Not with 48 points still on board. But that is hanging by a thread now make no mistake. This is City's to lose. So I think we have to slightly adjust expectations and, whilst still not sacking off the title, look to secure second and anything above and beyond that is a massive bonus from this position. You can't just sack the league off and go all-in on Europe as 1) There's absolutely NO guarantee we'll win #7. Straight knock-out two-legged European football is the purest test of any and with no fans negating the Anfield advantage, it's a completely level playing field now. And 2) This league is so mad, with SO many mediocre teams taking advantage of this perfect storm to position themselves in, or around, the top 4 currently, that if you slacken off in the league, you could well slide down to 6/7th would be calamitous. Not to mention if you gave up on the title in February, you go TOTALLY against the ethos and character Klopp has worked SO hard to instill here. We are justifiably 'Mantality Monsters' for a reason. And they DON'T sack things off early and end up a Country mile behind the leaders like City last year! If you did that, you'd seriously risk losing the dressing room as you'd be going against EVERYTHING you'd sold them on the past 5 years.

So a slight readjustment of what we now expect, whilst still not ruling out a title fight. As precarious as that one now is. Attack each and every game and what will be will be.

It really has been one of the maddest seasons where pretty much everything has conspired against us. But whilst the games are still to be played, we regroup and go again.

Up the down, but FAR from out, Reds!

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1612553197503.jpg

Why does Klopp moan so much? Christ, I could've sworn Liverpool had a 9 day break last month and played an almost full strength 11 vs Aston Villa kids with no 1st team apps.

The big strange thing is to blame players having covid(city had many of them). It can be **** hard to come back for some and the effects can be felt further down the line. Even for Taa this excuse has been used.

Jesus. You guys are actually trying to make a story out of nottin?

God bless the madness of the internet. 🤦‍♂️