The Liverpool Thread

Well, at least it's a dry day for the decisive game in the 2020/21 PL title race.

As if L'pool/ City, Klopp/ Guardiola wasn't big and fascinating a match-up in a normal season. This one is effectively for ALL the marbles.

We win, and it's game on!

We lose, and City has wrestled the title back with an unopposed stroll to the finish.

It really is THAT big an afternoon. With a draw not much use to either side.

Straight into these Redmen!

Last edited:
Love Anfield camera during penalty. Just right behind the player.

Pfft sums up Ali this season for me. He hasn't been at his imperious best at all.

You can’t legislate for goalie F-ups but I’m not going to lambast Alisson. Even the very best have one of those days and his are VERY few and far between.

S happens.I said after Brighton we needed to readjust our expectations slightly to 2nd whilst still not giving up on the league. Now we defo are ONLY playing for 2nd.

Congratulations Manchester City. Your PL Champions for 2020/2021 in all but official confirmation.

‘Sake Roy. 🤦‍♂️

But then context has never been what Sky look for. Controversy on the other hand .....

Still take Keane ANY day of the week like over the bitter blue spitting gobshite!

Hhmm, why's there a lack of comments from Klopp about diving in City-L'pool game?

Where was the diving again?

Both penalty’s were clear penalty’s. Can’t remember any other real controversial incidents. Something else in the game I missed?

This is a penalty?

How about this? I think it should be red card for City's #11.
The second one is bad diving yes.

But regarding the penalty, striker must do it, he was evidently pulled and soft foul. But if he won go down there wont be foul called for sure. Refs and rules have brought this on us. If you dont go down, then probably there was no foul (does not matter how much contact there was).

Diving should be punished more. It is just so seeable, but as there is contact then VAR must say it is a foul...

This is a penalty?

How about this? I think it should be red card for City's #11.

You do understand the rules of the game right?

Foul someone. Get punished. Don't want to get punished? Don't put your hands on your opponent.

You do understand the rules of the game right?

Foul someone. Get punished. Don't want to get punished? Don't put your hands on your opponent.
1. I thought this is football, like contact game. But then again, OK I can give you that one, even though it IS a dive.
2. I'm gonna quote you on this one when you moan about United next time ;)

1. I thought this is football, like contact game. But then again, OK I can give you that one, even though it IS a dive.

Feel free. As I've been consistent in the exact same. And argued against dialkh and others in here when L'pool players put their hands on someone and it's deemed 'soft.' Going right back when Lovren put his hands on the bitters back the Derby and I was the only one not defending him. There's NO such thing as a soft penalty. That's fan/ media bunkum. A fouls a foul.

So as smart as you think you're being, you sadly aren't. ;)

Feel free. As I've been consistent in the exact same. And argued against dialkh and others in here when L'pool players put their hands on someone and it's deemed 'soft.' Going right back when Lovren put his hands on the bitters back the Derby and I was the only one not defending him. There's NO such thing as a soft penalty. That' fan/ media bunkum. A fouls a foul.

So as smart as you think you're being, you sadly aren't. ;)
As consistent as Salah's diving ;)

Just curious what was your thought on Martial "penalty" in SOU game?

Mate, you're funny.

When you understand the difference between a blatant dive with no contact to cheat and decieve; and a dive after blatant contact, the second of which negates the first spurious argument in today's game as when players are legit fouled and don't go down, they don't get jack, come back to me.

Until then, feel free to chat utter wham on the wrong targets.

One of the PL's most consistent ever goal scorers would rather go down when clean through than get his shot off ..... What a strange take to try push.