The Liverpool Thread

For all the plaudits Nat, Fabulous, and Thiago have naturally received since last night's game, it's worth noting another World class difference-maker's stellar cameo in the last 18 minutes to our midfield group.

This individual training program and patience taken with Naby Lad since the new medical guy from Dortmund came in really seems to be paying dividends.

If we can finally get his core right, what a ridiculous addition he'll be to our midfield next season. Both ends of the park.

Utterly mad to me how so many have written him off already when the club patently hasn't.

For all the plaudits Nat, Fabulous, and Thiago have naturally received since last night's game, it's worth noting another World class difference-maker's stellar cameo in the last 18 minutes to our midfield group.

This individual training program and patience taken with Naby Lad since the new medical guy from Dortmund came in really seems to be paying dividends.

If we can finally get his core right, what a ridiculous addition he'll be to our midfield next season. Both ends of the park.

Utterly mad to me how so many have written him off already when the club patently hasn't.
Personally would sell him if we can get a buyer I don't rate him as highly as you do but he was great when he came on so I gotta give props. Was dogshite against Fulham though but who wasn't. He is in the Matip category for me, doesn't matter how talented you are if you can't be relied upon to maintain fitness. He plays the same role as thiago so effectively has been replaced in the team already. Plus Curtis has leapfrogged him the pecking order imo. Only worth keeping as we wont recoup the money we paid for him. Three full seasons here and apart from moments during games were you think yes perhaps he has turned a corner. It has been an expensive mistake. Can't get them all right though.

Personally would sell him if we can get a buyer .....

Not sure who has any significant value in the current market to off-load? Anyone they do want to move (Origi/ Grujic/ Wilson/ Shaqiri etc), they'll have to bite the bullet and take a hefty drop. Edwards will have to swallow his pride and take the hit.

At least Phillips form is boosting his value for the summer.

Not sure who has any significant value in the current market to off-load? Anyone they do want to move (Origi/ Grujic/ Wilson/ Shaqiri etc), they'll have to bite the bullet and take a hefty drop. Edwards will have to swallow his pride and take the hit.

At least Phillips form is boosting his value for the summer.
Should've taken money for Origi when his stock was at its highest post-CL final. I still maintain there is a good player in there but he needs consistent game time at his age now. Those you've mentioned as well will be hard to shift with a fee ( with Wilson Edwards made a mistake pricing him out of a move he isn't anything special should've taken the money and ran). If we don't get CL footy it will be a lot harder but personally would keep Phillips for a season longer as we need a CB we can trust as no one knows how Virgil and Gomez will return. Kabak is a sticky one as he has potential but would the 18 million or so needed to sign him outright be better placed in putting that forward for a better CB option in the summer? Who knows really but this summer will definitely be interesting. If we are interested in a forward for rotation or long-term replacement e.g like Jota. I hope to god we move heaven and earth to sign Raphina from Leeds.

..... Who knows really but this summer will definitely be interesting. If we are interested in a forward for rotation or long-term replacement e.g like Jota. I hope to god we move heaven and earth to sign Raphina from Leeds.

I wouldn't like to speculate on any specific name. I will say as for a certain young Frenchman, we are one of the very few SERIOUS players for him. Of that, there's NO debate. Not got a clue where he'll end up but anyone thinking there's zero chance it'll be here really doesn't appreciate the whole situation.

For all the mad doom and gloom being predicted, even if we were to dip out of the CL for a season it changes absolutely nothing so there is that.

We aren't losing any key players. There's WAY too much pride in this group and they are way too deep into the project to not want to turn around next season and prove all the naysayers wrong and show this season for what it is. A complete anomaly where most everything went against them. And Fenway have managed us through the pandemic superbly financially and aren't in any dire straights to need to sell anyone. Our financial structure isn't built to collapse with one season away from Europe's top table like say Arsenal's is.

As for signings, any footballer worth his salt will know it would only be a one-season deal if we do indeed miss out on the CL. You really can't understate the selling power of Klopp and the fact that footballers want to play under him and be a part of what he's built. No other manager working today has that single pull and it's arguable whether even Guardiola does to Klopp's extent.

And lest we forget the coffers will be swelled with the first returns of the Nike deal. Which aside from the initial down payment, they are ahead of their projections on sales to this point by all accounts so it'll be interesting to see just what that brings in.

We have a lot of scope for maneuverability at the top end of the market this summer whether we are in the CL or not.

I hope to god we move heaven and earth to sign Raphina from Leeds.
Must be bonkers offer to get us to sell him. + He loves Leeds, Bielsa, gametime he gets and has improved immense under Bielsa and with constant gametime. Think he will want full first team player role still. He has so much to offer and grow into. Seems also not to be diva and push hard for move from us

Must be bonkers offer to get us to sell him. + He loves Leeds, Bielsa, gametime he gets and has improved immense under Bielsa and with constant gametime. Think he will want full first team player role still. He has so much to offer and grow into. Seems also not to be diva and push hard for move from us
Playing for Bielsa is a big draw but I'm not sure you will be able to hang on to him if a top club comes calling. That's not me being arrogant it's just the name of the game and the same has happened with south Americans at Liverpool when one of the Spanish big two come calling. Players will back themselves to play at the top and Raphina definitely has it within himself to go up a level and the next step is a move upwards IMO.

After sitting through an absolute bore-fest of two bang mediocre sides last night as Utd squeaked past West Ham, it brought home again just what an absolute farce and the furthest thing from proper football this season has been when that was a contest for the top-4.

This is a season where absolutely ANYTHING can happen and anyone can take advantage of the unprecedented circumstances and change their fortunes in an instant.

Which has made it even crazier to me that SO many have written off L'pool's top 4 chances given, outside of City, next to nobody has found any consistency.

But what, without question, it has done is make tonight's game against a Wolves side that's fallen off a cliff under Nuno from great entertainers to now one of the most negative, sterile teams in the league, an absolute must-win, make-or-break game.

Win, and we bounce up to 6th, a mere 2 games (5 points) behind Chelsea in 4th. With 9 to play.

Lose, and that gap remains at 3 games. (8 points.). With a top 4 slot all but over with next to NO wiggle room left.

A Reds win over Wolves, coupled with Arsenal beating West Ham Sunday, and we're just 2 points behind the Hammers with a game in hand going into the break.

Lose, and we could be as low as 10th going into the International break. Sidenote- Since we came back up to the top flight in 1962, Liverpool Football Club has never finished outside the top 8 in 58 seasons. With only 12 of those seasons outside the top 5 teams in the Country. I personally don't want that remarkable record of consistency, that fills you with so much pride, to end in our 59th consecutive top-flight season.

That's how things can change in an instant in this absolutely mad season where ANYTHING can happen.

So let's start the right way on the run-in tonight aye Redmen?

Get the F in! 1 win down. 9 to go.

A lot to be said for grinding out a scruffy 1-0 when you’re bang out of form and totally off it on the night.

I wouldn’t give anyone higher than a 6 tonight. Kabak and Phillips probably the best on a collective team off night. Even the winning goal came from a goalkeeping howler. But man alive was that SUPER satisfying to see them battle and grind out the win. Not least through the very difficult injury time period where everyones minds were naturally not on the game but the goalies welfare.

Set’s the top 4 battle up superbly now going into the break.

Thoughts and prayers with the Wolves goalie. God speed mate. Good to see the protocol being used to full effect.

Up the FAR from out of it Reds!